• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Your opinions about Raymond

Raymond? I always forget I even had him at one point
He is nothing special and extremely forgettable
His office theme is nice that's all I can say
I'm not a cat person so I don't really care about him

142752424_107649767996047_6358992749625873765_n.jpg

Raymond went through the same mega popularity and subsequent backlash that Marshal did in New Leaf.It's funny how a couple of video game characters can rile up the masses in equal parts of love and hate.Raymond was the forced smug camper in my first NH island that I started on launch day so I didn't have a choice on having him as a villager.I will admit that I was curious about him because I knew that there was a new smug cat in NH and during New Leaf I thought that a cat would be the perfect species for that particular personality.He's turned out to be a really good villager and a favorite of mine.He wears the outfits I give him and he's always pretty entertaining.I can't really ask for much more from a villager.

I never really got the hype.. his appearance gives me the vibe that he's trying too hard to look like a human, if that makes sense. I love cat villagers but Raymond seems really bland to me 😅

I didn’t have much of an opinion on Raymond except that I really liked his office home design (before HHP allowed home customisations though). However, then I met him on a mystery island tour, and he was actually very cute and sweet ”in-person”. I thought really hard about inviting him, but then decided to keep going with more tours. Overall, I think he’s cute and sweet. I like his office vibe, his home and his little waistcoat. If I was to invite a cat villager it would be Tabby or Stinky. I wouldn’t necessarily invite him to my island at the moment because there are other villagers I’d like to invite, but I think he’s cute nonetheless. 😊

With the release of his amiibo, I was able to fill a smug spot on my my main island with Raymond, mainly as a token of status, I guess. I don't have any attachment to him, and I forget he exists for the most part.

He's cute, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to have him on my island. Whenever he's brought up I think of that one meme of some person selling his flea for real cash, which always gets a hoot out of me.

EXsXc9-X0AAukRO.jpg

I had the luck of finding him on an Island, and honestly, got rid of him pretty quick. He's too "meh" for me, i totally embrace my colorful needs now (and that weird attraction to the ostrich kind i seem to have :'D)

But i totally get why some people like him, his aesthetic is really nice and on point ! (But most of his popularity was defenitly due to the fact that he had no amiibo >>> harder to get, more money at the sell )

EDIT: the flee thing i can't omg :'DDD

I don’t really have an opinion on him. I’ve never had him on my island. I think his eyes and glasses are cute. But yeah, don’t necessarily dislike him.

I used to want him in my Island when NH released, but then the appeal wore off and now he looks kind of plain and boring lol.

I personally don’t care for him. I’m admittedly not a cat person and I don’t get the hype. I’m glad his popularity died down, though.

I really like cats if you can not tell 😂 I got Raymond once when he was visiting my island campsite but I wasn’t obsessed really with him.

He is cute but I don’t really see the hype and I remember back in 2020 people were actually spending real money just to have him on their island.

I didn’t get him when he was visiting my campsite only cause my island was already full and he wanted to kick out buck which myself and @themysterybidder will agree is rude to do haha cause Buck is the best.

I think he has a very nice design for the cats, unlike Judy for the cubs.
He is a little drab in color, but I think that was chosen for him so his eyes would pop and be more noticeable and a defining feature of his. I just didn't like how many people were obsessed with him honestly. It wasn't his popularity that bothered me so much, I constantly saw pics and videos of him at the time online, and it just got old and that was what bothered me. If he showed on my island now, I would be ok with it.

He’s amazing cause he has haters. Anyone who has haters have made it. Hahaha 🤣 although he’s not one of my faves in the game, I respect that.

Not a hater here but... He's overrated. Personally i think he has a cool design but i can't seem to catch the appealing of the smug cat.

I don't find him cute or interesting, not at all. I don't understand the hype, or no, I do understand but I don't really get it and I'm not a part of it. Raymond is ok, but everyone (almost) loving him is... I don't know, too much hype kills hype. Some are cuter, some are more original... I don't know, I'm not a big fan of him and I don't have good reasons lol.

Back