• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia Call the Ships to Port: Game Thread - END GAME - TOWN VICTORY!

@Ryu If I have somebody who I think should be, itd FN. but I don?t think he?s getting nearly enough scrutiny
Mhm... I see. I'm assuming this has to do with FireNinja's vote on Punchy.

I actually voted Punchy. Why would I claim I'm going to do something on the thread and then not do it?

The above was his supposed reasoning on why they voted on Punchy for a lynch. Only thing I like about is that it seems like FireNinja isn't easily swayed by other people based on how they responded about their vote on Punchy. That's the only reason I would want to have them around is because of that.

do you really think me and ness would/could fabricate all of that?
It's a potential possibility is all I have to say.

Wait what? Please tell us how you cheated?

If I remember correctly, I exposed the roles of players to people who weren't playing the game. Back then we were allowed many different out-of-thread communications so roleclaiming was very popular.

----

On page 9, thoughts:

- I get why fireninja would vote punchy, seeing as FN hasn?t played with punchy before, but the fact he kept his vote long after it was established punchy was trolling is mildly concerning

- I think the Iloveyou vs Dolby interactions are town v town, both seem very genuine to me, even though I disagree with ILY?s focus on inactives when day 1 has hardly started lol

Back to the garden, I?ll finish up reading later

This post makes it seem like you're summarizing what has been said up to now, in an attempt to follow other peoples' posts. Like you're just generally agreeing but not adding anything.

-----

Just going to point out this post is just filler. The only thing you mentioned in this entire post that warrants a comment/opinion you have a neutral opinion on. While I'm not necessarily saying you're mafia (yet), this post adds nothing to the game and looks like you're just trying to look like you're contributing

Ya I agree. In my previous post to her I mentioned that I find certain players at this point are just bandwagoning to provide some sort of content. Page 21, Post #203

------

ILoveYou, we get the point you?re making about inactives, stop repeating it please because at this point it?s a moot issue and as you said, can allow people to latch on and appear townie. We get it, let?s move on

Glow is usually a very perceptive player and she?s already SR?d Dad over his monolithic reads (which I did read through so don?t hate me Dad ;) ), and I?ve seen one other player say they didn?t like dad?s reads (forget who it is atm). I found myself agreeing with a good number of Dad?s observations, but I also do agree that his reads are largely just reports rather than actual reads. And his Ness v. Toads takeaway is wrong IMO as I?ll explain below

Ness vs. Toads was frivolous af and I actually found myself siding with Ness more in that exchange. Toads seemed to pick on really minute things and seemed like he just wanted to make Ness look bad. I was a bit surprised Ness thought he could be DQ?d, and agree that that coulda been a lowkey AtE. HAVING SAID THAT, Ness?s Punchy read is pretty self-contradictory, and I agree with Dolby that Punchy?s reaction makes perfect sense. But just looking at Ness v. Toads in a vacuum, I think Ness was winning the argument. But as I like to say?play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Slight tl on Ness and null on Toads rn

I?d be down for a fireninja lynch, as he?s done the most demonstrably scummy thing so far this game. But I also feel like it?s just way too blatant for scum!ninja to do. The one time I was scum with fireninja, he really was trying to fly under the radar and NOT commit to positions.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh and Kammm oozes town to me, I really liked her reaction to being pushed to post more

Wait lols .. you're going to call me out for repetition but not the 5 or so people who literally said the same blanket statements about not lynching inactives ? I was put in the position to having to reply to their comments. Should I have just ignored their posts ? It seems like they wanted clarifications in their mind ( although I do believe there is a case of bandwagoning going on for that exact reason .. people are still bringing it up even though we moved on potentially to add some sort of content - and this happened more so after I began calling others out ) so I provided my reasonings to them. Did you think I was having those conversations by myself or something ? If anything, the bandwagoners on the "omg don't lynch inactives" movement should be kept an eye on.

-----
Honestly pretty surprised I'm not townread by Dolby yet

Well as Dolby mentioned in previous posts, it does look like you have been trying to get in his good graces. I do see you productively adding posts from time to time but I find ultimately you may be trying to get in his good graces so you won't have to deal with him going against you. It is just coming off like you potentially want to "hide" behind him. You did suggest he was "Town" and not "possibly Town" or Town leading towards him.

Quick question: Can someone confirm if it is normal for a player like Katezilla to be reading the thread but not commenting ? Even when I called her out on it, she's just avoiding the accusation and letting the thread explode.

I'll look into the bigger posts when I am home in a few hours. It's a but much to quote on a mobile phone.

I can't access TBT at school so I just got home and caught up w the last few pages

Draft from last night: Fireninja1 seems to be playing independently despite the backlash for his vote. I feel like independence generally means trying to lead a wagon, is jester, or is a wreckless townie. First two seem not plausible to me so slight townlean

In Dad's reads he said I tend to pick out town tells, is that something I shouldn't be doing? genuinely wondering
I realized that it's easier for me to find genuine town behavior than scum behavior, and that helps me narrow people into a smaller pool of possible scum
So at this point I have GhostKid and FireNinja1 off of my scum pool

also I feel like theres a lot of attempted intimidation going around, it's kinda annoying

I can't access TBT at school so I just got home and caught up w the last few pages

Draft from last night: Fireninja1 seems to be playing independently despite the backlash for his vote. I feel like independence generally means trying to lead a wagon, is jester, or is a wreckless townie. First two seem not plausible to me so slight townlean

In Dad's reads he said I tend to pick out town tells, is that something I shouldn't be doing? genuinely wondering
I realized that it's easier for me to find genuine town behavior than scum behavior, and that helps me narrow people into a smaller pool of possible scum
So at this point I have GhostKid and FireNinja1 off of my scum pool

also I feel like theres a lot of attempted intimidation going around, it's kinda annoying

@Jacob, I’m pretty sure that you mentioned it earlier, but why are you removing Ghost from your scumpool?

@Jacob, I’m pretty sure that you mentioned it earlier, but why are you removing Ghost from your scumpool?

Ghost is new so I've been reading his posts in light of him not knowing what to do. Things check out like him not knowing that mafia can talk and all this stuff that could otherwise be explained to him in a mafia quicktopic

Also straight from my notes:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Game-Thread&p=7827011&viewfull=1#post7827011

"4. Do you prefer being town or being mafia? Eh town ig

8. How many games have you played? Zero"

Possible town soft-claim

@Dolby Fireninja's never played with Punchy and what punchy did could have been seen as scummy by someone unfamiliar with Punchy's ****posting. But at this point it's an untenable position to hold

Ghost is new so I've been reading his posts in light of him not knowing what to do. Things check out like him not knowing that mafia can talk and all this stuff that could otherwise be explained to him in a mafia quicktopic

Also straight from my notes:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...-Game-Thread&p=7827011&viewfull=1#post7827011

"4. Do you prefer being town or being mafia? Eh town ig

8. How many games have you played? Zero"

Possible town soft-claim

I honestly believe that the extremely fast response and the fact that he has notes is a supreme towntell from Jacob
Putting him my townleans

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Dolby Fireninja's never played with Punchy and what punchy did could have been seen as scummy by someone unfamiliar with Punchy's ****posting. But at this point it's an untenable position to hold

What I’m saying is that him keeping the vote is def extraordinary bad, but he hasn’t been here to change it

I honestly believe that the extremely fast response and the fact that he has notes is a supreme towntell from Jacob
Putting him my townleans

- - - Post Merge - - -

What I’m saying is that him keeping the vote is def extraordinary bad, but he hasn’t been here to change it

I can't agree with you there. I feel like Jacob is making all of these easy accusations and yet he had such good feedback for Punchy when it came to helping another player. I feel like he is capable of more but holding back. I'm very neutral on him right now.

Mhm... I see. I'm assuming this has to do with FireNinja's vote on Punchy.

The above was his supposed reasoning on why they voted on Punchy for a lynch. Only thing I like about is that it seems like FireNinja isn't easily swayed by other people based on how they responded about their vote on Punchy. That's the only reason I would want to have them around is because of that.

It's a potential possibility is all I have to say.

I can't tell if this is a beary509 town or a mafia and yarr it's drivin' me nuts

- - - Post Merge - - -

post glitch ripperoni

@ILoveYou when I have 20+ pages to catch up on, I often put a note for people saying what page I'm on and my thoughts up until that point. Were my points all that original? No. Did I claim they were? No. I just wanted to put my thoughts down as I was reading.

Also, I get that you were responding to people, but both you and the other people have been repeating the same points a lot. I will call you out on it because you started and are perpetuating the whole discussion, when we've long since arrived at a conclusion on the matter.

I feel like Jacob is making all of these easy accusations and yet he had such good feedback for Punchy when it came to helping another player.

Well my biggest accusation right now is that the way the game is going now, from what I see, is people scraping for things to scum read each other on to get that lynch candidate out there, but I'm not really seeing any red flags
Ness and Toads bickering brought nothing to the game, people not liking you wanting to priority lynch is bringing a lot of fluff (in a game once I suggesting lynching someone for a reason other than them being mafia and got the same reaction), Dad has been the only person who gave me a read but I have nothing further to comment on.
It's still the first half of day 1, and my walls of text don't usually come out until Day 2 or 3 :p

I'm going to continue searching for /not/ scummy people

I can't tell if this is a beary509 town or a mafia and yarr it's drivin' me nuts

- - - Post Merge - - -

post glitch ripperoni

don't know who or what beary509 is, but if I'm reading Trundle right, I gotta say I agree that Ryumia's post doesn't make much sense here. If FN is scum I wouldn't be surprised if Ryumia is as well cuz of Ryumia seemingly protecting FN here. But it's way too early to make a definitive call on that. Just a situation to keep tabs on for sure

hoi heres my contribution to life. some of these may be old but I don't wanna be killed for no posts wrwsfwaet64w

so on the whole fn voting punchy, and the whole playstyle thing. Y'all remember woodpiness Oregon where punchy was trying a new playstyle, and us all scumread him? THIS IS LITERALLY THE EXACT SAME THING HERE DONT SUS PUNCHY FOR HIS PLAYSTYLE!!! FN voting punchy still makes 0 sense and the discord thing has been explained.

And @Kayla, I did state in my RQs that I was on the bus and was late for school, and phones aren't allowed during the school day sooooooooo...

and ive just realised that everything I had in my notes have already been discussed :/// I'll try and contribute but I'm currently doing geography homework due in tomorrow. I also like to do my reads second part of day 2 so I have more of an idea

Is this a change in tone for Dedenne? Something for me to look into later I suppose

I don’t remember her being as frustrated last time, but that was a month ago, if not more

@ILoveYou
Also, I get that you were responding to people, but both you and the other people have been repeating the same points a lot. I will call you out on it because you started and are perpetuating the whole discussion, when we've long since arrived at a conclusion on the matter.

It is true that there is many pages for people to catch up on .. but what is in this quote is literally what I said about the people bandwagoning on the whole "omg don't lynch inactives" movement. Several people brought it up a while after it had settled down and ironically enough it came once I started posting opinions on others. I don't get how you missed that.

-----

Well my biggest accusation right now is that the way the game is going now, from what I see, is people scraping for things to scum read each other on to get that lynch candidate out there, but I'm not really seeing any red flags
Ness and Toads bickering brought nothing to the game, people not liking you wanting to priority lynch is bringing a lot of fluff (in a game once I suggesting lynching someone for a reason other than them being mafia and got the same reaction), Dad has been the only person who gave me a read but I have nothing further to comment on.
It's still the first half of day 1, and my walls of text don't usually come out until Day 2 or 3 :p

I'm going to continue searching for /not/ scummy people

I understand your view on how things are going as well as the reads you have brought forth in this post. I wasn't aware that you tend to bring out the giant walls of texts later on. It does make sense and I see why you may be holding back more. I do want to remain neutral on you for now and not lean too quickly towards Town on you. I appreciate Dolby making his list nonetheless.

Is this a change in tone for Dedenne? Something for me to look into later I suppose

I don’t remember her being as frustrated last time, but that was a month ago, if not more

I think being bombarded with homework is adding to my frustration at life ;o;

Ok everyone im here and i know more about the game so im gonna read the new posts and give my opinion on everyone in the since of what group i think they are

Ok everyone im here and i know more about the game so im gonna read the new posts and give my opinion on everyone in the since of what group i think they are

Just out of curiosity, how do you know more about the game now ? I am looking forward to seeing your post.

Back