Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

I agree that the 20 minutes is a little disappointing but overall I'm still excited! The fact that the direct is coming on the 15th makes me hopeful that the update will be early November, and not late November as I had assumed.

I am actually really excited 😍 I haven’t played much recently as I have possibly just burned myself out.

I can’t wait to get Brewster and hopefully gyroids and maybe new customisable fences? 🙏

i think animal crossing is one of those games where they dont show everything because they want you to find stuff out on your own vs smash where they literally showed every single move of one character
so i think 20min is a good amount. there probably will be a lot of items that we dont know about until the update comes out!
i still think we shouldnt expect too much tho. just so that no one is disapointed in the end.
that being said
i really hope they show us some kind of road map for next year or at least hint at SOMETHING

also im not sure but they could also show some pocket camp stuff because its their anniversary this month. i wouldnt like that but it could be

Glad they gave us a date! 20 minutes is actually HUGE to me. I expect 10 minutes tops to cover Brewster. But even if the worst case scenario is just showing Brewster/the cafe I don't care. He is finally coming and it warms my cold dead heart.

I'm glad they gave us plenty of warning about the exact date and time. Now I can make an alarm on my phone and be sure not to miss out. I want to make sure I'm watching in real time so I can move quick if they open up pre-orders of Series 5 Amiibo during the Direct.

This would also give enough time for them to discuss Halloween stuff. I loved the Halloween costumes in the game, more of those would make me happy. This is my favorite time of year for outfits.

Trying not to get my hopes up...but it's hard.

So excited for it. Too bad I will be working and will have to wait until my break in the afternoon to watch. 20 minutes should give us more then Brewster.

I wish I could time travel now fr 20 minutes seems short but, who knows maybe they'll surprise us!!
Post automatically merged:

Actually, now that I think about it 20 minutes is actually a lot better than most updates. We usually get a 2 minute trailer from Twitter so, this update has to be a game changer. There's no way it's only Brewster, otherwise they would just drop a trailer. Let's have a little faith. This is Animal Crossing we're talking about not Smash!!

20 minutes is about as much or a little more than I expected. I can’t see them talking about Brewster for more than 5 minutes, so that leaves 15 more for unknown features.

While it is good we are finally getting The Roost and Brewster I just hope they don't spend the entire 20 minutes talking about it. I know they say there is "more" to it, but I really hope its something that is different, maybe new features, quality of life updates, or finally a shop upgrade? Who knows at this point, but it would be in typical Nintendo fashion if they were to show off the Series 5 Amiibo cards and reveling what they are and how they work in the game similar to how they did in the Sanrio trailer back in March 2021.

At the end they really should show us a road map of what they have planned going forward with New Horizons in 2022, seeing as how 2021 was such a slow year for this game and nothing really "new" happened only up until this point. So they must know how frustrated everyone was with the lack of content with this game so they have to address this at the end of the AC direct. I am just saying, I wanna give them the benefit of the doubt that they would say something about future updates, but lets not forget they did promise that the updates were in "Development" and how the President of Nintendo said after E3 to wait for "Fun and new Activities".

On my birthday, yay! And the day I break up from work for a couple of weeks. Extra looking forward to it now!!!

EDIT: Not sure if I ever realised I share a birthday with Brewster, really happy about that! Possibly realised years back and forgot until now haha

Last edited:
Awesome. Days pass by so quickly so the 15th isn't a long wait. I also think 20 minutes should be enough to fit everything... assuming they will be straight to the point.

They could also keep things brief then explain it further on Twitter like they usually do.

It'd be nice if there was more than coffee. Like maybe bagels, donuts, pastries and the such. Give it more of a cafe feel. And the villagers all take coffee a special way and maybe like food a certain way.

i'm quite happy with the time they picked since it means i'll definitely be able to catch it! as for the length, after months of 2ish minute long updates the fact we get a full 20 minute dedicated direct is very exciting to me! maybe the hype leading up to it will finally make me pick the game up again

Exciting, Along with Brewster, I hope there is going to be a lot more worthy stuff. I don't think they need 20 minutes to explain Brewsters.

Anything is better than the website post they used in the past or the tweet from Isabelle.

Overall I am excited. Can't wait to see what they say. Here is hoping the update comes in early November.

Oh another thing I'm curious about is if they'll update the NookLink store on the NSO app and grant us more items to purchase. That think the NPC pics were a small but nice touch, but they can definitely flesh it out more.

Back