• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing Direct Discussion Thread

I heard the online membership gone up in price. Is that true?

it's part of the upgrade plan nintendo is offering: if you upgrade from $20/yr to $50/yr, you'll be able to access the N64 and sega genesis libraries alongside HHP offered alongside it at no extra cost - though certain features will be disabled if you decide to opt out of the upgrade. non-upgrade services remained unchanged along with the price.

So since we were basically locked into the beautiful island ordinance from the beginning, does that mean that flowers will start wilting if we change the ordinance (post-update of course)? The beautiful island ordinance is the default apparently, and I’m not sure if changing it would change anything drastic.

It states beautiful island ordinance is default in this article.

So many people excitedly shouting "potatoes".

I watched that video last night and you know what my thought was? So much screaming about Froggy Chair! I literally did not notice Froggy Chair the first time I watched the Direct. I obviously saw it the second time, but before I watched it the second time I saw people talking about it.

I know about the Froggy Chair memes, but I personally never got why it was a big deal. Maybe that's why I completely glossed over it. So to see so many others react to a thing I was blind to was funny.

Acnh will soon be worth the 60 dollars I spent on it. I feel it'll soon become my favorite AC title bumping New Leaf to second. I feel like though, that because I managed to gotten so many miles and bells I'll accidently be able to speed through the update but, it'll still keep me engaged for at least a year especially since I'll buy the DLC and will be on the hunt for Lone and Sasha.

I watched that video last night and you know what my thought was? So much screaming about Froggy Chair! I literally did not notice Froggy Chair the first time I watched the Direct. I obviously saw it the second time, but before I watched it the second time I saw people talking about it.

I know about the Froggy Chair memes, but I personally never got why it was a big deal. Maybe that's why I completely glossed over it. So to see so many others react to a thing I was blind to was funny.
I prefer the red snapper chair. I like how offended it looks while you sit on it. That's a prize from the last game's fishing tourney.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but how likely is it that this update also adds in the "activation" for Thanksgiving and Toy Day? They most likely would not push out a tiny update just for Thanksgiving and Toy Day right? Same with this last update and Halloween. Halloween was added at the same time even though they didn't announce it.

I don't think Nintendo considers the holiday updates as small updates.
Twitter has been buzzing about what Nintendo considers small and major vs what fans consider.
Personally after this update, I wouldn't expect anything else but bug patches. Holidays will probably be unlocked and I think Harvey's island is meant to help with player accessibility because updates are ending. I mean there is less reliance on other players to complete the art collection or to get the lighthouse you want.

So, while not everything from New Leaf is finally in, I’m glad that I’ll be able to revisit this game once again. And the HHP DLC actually looks pretty good to me. But what caught my attention the most were the previously unseen (in the game) villagers. So glad that some of the older ones are in, especially those that were Japanese exclusives. The actual newbies are a pretty sizable roster with Cephalobot, Ione, Petri, Shino, Marlo, Quinn, and Tiansheng all being at the very least respectable, IMO. I do really want Sasha, the cerulean colored rabbit, to not be peppy (we already have enough peppy rabbits), Tiansheng to be smug, and for more personality gaps to be filled out by some of these. Also, they’re adding another octopus in the games! I really want a new tiger and possibly even give us a few more old villagers.
As for the other new stuff, the permanent ladders, tight spaces, Tortimer’s return, and navigation through even the tightest of spaces are promising to me.
But nothing tops it off more than Wardell. I was never expecting there to be a manatee, and I just find the addition of said species hilarious.

I do really want Sasha, the cerulean colored rabbit, to not be peppy (we already have enough peppy rabbits), Tiansheng to be smug
Its not known for certain, but following the pattern of the amiino cards in series 5 before and after the newly created villagers, I'm fully convinced that shasha is a lazy male, and tiansheng is a jock.

(For those who don't know the pattern, it goes male, female, male, female...
And the personality types are ordered in the same way.)

Its not known for certain, but following the pattern of the amiino cards in series 5 before and after the newly created villagers, I'm fully convinced that shasha is a lazy male, and tiansheng is a jock.

Sasha doesn’t look male. And I doubt that wants you just said is true.

The names in other languages don't help either.

In French it's Alix, which is commonly a name for girls but it could also be used for males in rare cases.

And I checked for "Ariel" in Spanish and it seems it's a male name 😅

The name kn other language doesn't help either.

In French it's Alix, which is commonly a name for girls but it could also be used for males in rare cases.

I believe in Japanese the name is Mitchell and in German its Gerrit which are both male names.

The names in other languages don't help either.

I mean in german he is named gerrit (Gerhard) and that'a clearly a male name.

I believe in Japanese the name is Mitchell and in German its Gerrit which are both male names.

I mean in german he is named gerrit (Gerhard) and that'a clearly a male name. It would be really weird if he is actually a she lol

Oh yes with these names there is little doubt that rabbit is a male ahahah

I mean it could be the first transgender or non binary villager. Would be cool but I doubt Nintendo will pull this actually up

Back