• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons releases on March 20th, 2020

I've been really busy lately but the 20th can't come quick enough :(
I love so much that it comes out the day I finish uni for Easter break! Have to get the bulk of my work done before then!

I can't believe it's been 9 months since the date was announced! It's gone so fast, yet so agonizingly slow at the same time.

The next week is going to be miserable, but I always find the last 2-3 days before a release I'm excited about to go by really quickly.

I can think of literally nothing to talk about for ACNH, yet here I am, in the ACNH forum section out of sheer confusion as to why I'm here, and excitement. I wish it was the 20th already AUGHGHHHH!!!

I am just so excited it is almost here! It is all I can think about lol. I have dreamt I was actually in the game....I need this game. Now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

When it was first showed off it felt like the release date would never come. But here it is. 10 days away. It is so close!

Genuinely can't wait for March 20th. It's just so nice to be excited for an Animal Crossing game again! It's been SEVEN years since New Leaf came out in non-Japanese countries...

I've been craving the need to start over in a new game for sooooo long.

I’m so incredibly excited! The only thing is I’m going to a music festival in Melbourne mainly to see my chemical romance on the 20th and then I will spend the next day going to an art gallery. Which I’m super happy about, but I preordered the game to be shipped to me and it said it’ll arrive on the 23rd.

I believe the game is coming out on the 21st in Australia (correct me it if I’m wrong) so I’m going to miss a couple of days! :( So I’m probably going to avoid spoilers for at least a week so I can enjoy the game properly. I’m seriously considering just buying a copy on the 21st though, so I don’t miss out on playing it right at launch, but I doubt I’ll have enough money. Spent most of my spending money on concerts this year!

time really sped up after the direct,, can’t believe it’s almost here!

EbGames Canada phoned today and it's a midnight release for East Coast. West Coast gets the game at 9pm March 19.
Plan on starting my island Thursday night.

As much as I really, really, REALLY want this game, I'm thinking I may have to wait a week or so to get it. GameStop is probably going to be way too crowded for comfort on release day, and I don't want anyone in my house getting sick all because I really wanted a video game :( (I know I'm probably being silly, but I really don't want to take any chances...)

As much as I really, really, REALLY want this game, I'm thinking I may have to wait a week or so to get it. GameStop is probably going to be way too crowded for comfort on release day, and I don't want anyone in my house getting sick all because I really wanted a video game :( (I know I'm probably being silly, but I really don't want to take any chances...)
Eshop? Amazon?

if preordering is an option (if you haven’t already), maybe there’s a delivery option so you don’t have to go in person?

Phone before you go. I skipped midnight release for Pokemon Sword and Shield and picked it up the next day. Two people were in EbGames. Gamestops owns EbGames Canada.

The game has been in my library for weeks now I think. Figured I would get it from the eshop since that way I don't have to switch it out and in all the time, since I'll be playing it a lot. Kinda lazy way of thinking I realize now. Ah well. It's been a long time since I've felt this much enthusiasm about a new game arriving. I honestly didn't think it could still happen. Its a wonderful (& horrible) feeling.

Back