Are you buying a Switch 2 when it comes out?

When will you buy the Switch 2?

• Yes, Day 1! Or at least the first week or two.

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Never! I hate Nintendo "anything."

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe after a few months.

Votes: 37 50.0%
  • A year or more...?

Votes: 22 29.7%

• Total voters
Definitely not for a WHILE. I'm very fortunate that funds are not an issue and that it is purely by choice. I absolutely loved my Wii U and 3DS growing up and frequently purchased games and got excited for new released. I didn't have that magic with the Switch...

I loved Splatoon 2, Pikmin 4, Hyrule Warriors AOC and Mario Wonder but many games disappointed me strongly. I never got into the booster course pass of MK8DX due to it's quality, New Horizons felt more like a reboot rather than a continuation of past games and Mario Party wasn't good until Superstars. Splatoon 3 also heavily disappointed me.

I truly am not really excited for the next Nintendo system and am in no rush to purchase new games. Many great things came out of the Switch but I feel like the quality of games and even the controllers / merchandise by extension dropped exponentially. I really thought this would be an unpopular opinion but it seems many share the same opinion! I may not even buy the next Nintendo system unless they really go back and make some stuff that interests me and COMPLETELY fixes the controller issues.

Perhaps? I'm not quite sure how it'll turn out despite the leaks which should be taken with a huge grain of salt to begin with. The only further improvement I could see is better performance compared to the current Switch which it desperately needs. Then again, Nintendo isn't really known for their gaming consoles being very powerful compared to their competitors, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're still behind.

I would need to know more before coming to an informed decision.

Yeah, I need it to feed my Nintendo (Pokemon) addiction.
I'll get it as soon as a game I really want comes out for it. I held out for so long for a good Pokemon switch and it never happened, so I don't know if I'll wait for a special edition console or not next time around.

Back