• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Are you good at making friends? (Real Life!)

Are you good at it?

• Awesome!

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • Not bad at all!

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • Neutral

Votes: 58 24.2%
  • Not good.

Votes: 50 20.8%
  • Terrible

Votes: 84 35.0%

• Total voters
I'm awesome at making friends IF I want to. It takes a lot for me to think I want to be friends with a person though. When I do, I'll start asking to hang out in outside of work situations. I'm pretty bad at retaining friends though, I get irritated with people, and seem to have an unreasonable expectation that if you're my friend, I have to be totally trustworthy and loyal and open to you, and you to me. If you're not or I'm not, I don't really consider us friends, and break away from talking them.

I'm not good at making friends, but am good at making pleasant acquaintances. I can get along with almost anyone, I just am kind of socially awkward and don't take that next step towards doing something together... unless I'm drunk facebooking. Then I reach out to those people who I want to be better friends with, but am too shy to say anything to when I'm sober.

Usually I don't wanna make friends because I'm cool with the three( close friends) I have ( that and everyone at school is an idiot, I mean honestly what's up with people and"21") but, I don't try people usually come to me if they wanna be friends. Now that I think about it every person I accutally ever wanted as friend I met when I was young,( when I was accutally outgoing ) so we really have always been friends.

Last edited:
Usually. I'm more awkward online than I am in real life for some reason o_O But yeah, I can usually make friends pretty quickly wherever I go~

Usually. I'm more awkward online than I am in real life for some reason o_O But yeah, I can usually make friends pretty quickly wherever I go~

Same with the internet. And my friend is with her sister away from home. (I hate f***ing cancer. If someone else has it, it ruins your friendship.)

I`m terrible at it. I have both borderline and avoidant personality disorder. Pretty much horrible things when it comes to making friends, as well as keeping them. I met a really nice girl at school though, she is very insightful, smart and sweet, very understanding and patient.

I hope to pay her back in loyalty. I might not be able to make friends very well, but when you conquer a spot in my heart, I will definetly not come short of being by your side in good and bas times. You`ll then have a friend for life (short of insane circumstances ofcourse, people can change and weird **** can happen, but it would take a monstrous event).

But yeah, I`m horrible at making friends. I wasn`t always like that though. Since the age of 11/12.

I'd say I'm pretty neutral. These days I'm a bit more confident and put myself out there a lot more so I do make quite a few friends. However, I'm definitely not one of those people that everyone just automatically likes and wants to be friends with. I am usually really friendly and I'll be nice to everyone unless they give me a reason not to be. However, a relatively high number people still don't seem to like me, despite my best efforts.

I'm pretty neutral when it comes to making friends. It mostly really depends if I like the person & am willing to make to the effort to become friends with them. I'm extremely shy when I meet new people, but now if I meet someone, I try to talk to them more & make more of an effort to get to know them as I know not doing anything won't get me anywhere.

I'm shy around ppl I don't know very well so if it's someone who I have no mutual friends with then no.

But if I have mutual friends with them then I don't find it too difficult.

I guess I'm neutral. I'm shy and prefer to stay silent than embarrassing myself or saying the wrong things, but at the same time being alone makes me anxious so I always try to make friends wherever I go. I need a friend or someone to be with, especially in a new enviroment, so I go out of my way to talk to someone and be friends with them. I have to make an effort to befriend someone though, it's not a natural thing for me to do.

But if I have mutual friends with them then I don't find it too difficult.

I dunno... there's nothing more awkward in the world than being with a friend and his friend that you don't know, and then your friend has to go somewhere, and he leaves you and his friend alone for a few minutes.

Those minutes of utter silence and awkwardness while exchanging glances with your friend's friend are mortifying. It's even worse when your friend takes ages to come back.

No. I'm very picky with people I hang out with. Most people I know don't understand/like my rather dark sense of humor. Either that or I just think that they're plain stupid. Yeah I have high expectations... :p

I'm okay but I usually need to be approached first, I always assume people I'd wanna talk to wouldn't wanna talk to me. And I guess it's hard for me to become closer with people once we're friends because I've a lot of acquaintances but not many close friends.

I'd say neutral, it really depends. I tend to be shy at first but my shyness usually goes away after an hour. I have no problem with people coming to talk to me, and I'm okay making the first step.

I can't maje friends. I don't talk to anyone in my school except my one friend. No one else would want to be friends with me anyway xD I'm too "weird"

I dunno... there's nothing more awkward in the world than being with a friend and his friend that you don't know, and then your friend has to go somewhere, and he leaves you and his friend alone for a few minutes.

Those minutes of utter silence and awkwardness while exchanging glances with your friend's friend are mortifying. It's even worse when your friend takes ages to come back.

Oh my god, I HATE that. One time someone left me with their friend who didn't speak English (and I don't speak her language) for "a few minutes" which turned out to be over an hour. It was the most awkward hour of my life

I don't talk to people unless I'm approached first and it's always been that way. With that being said, it's a rarity for me to befriend someone new unless I'm introduced to them or something along those lines. People just make me nervous and I prefer not being around them if they're not already a friend of mine.

Back