• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Ask Delphine what the meaning of life is

Heh, Delphine, music reviewer.

And I don't even know my solf?ge so I'm certainly not the best commentator out there...

Well, that is the fray for you. How about this cover?

Kanye west made it, The Fray made it good X3

I do know this one, nice version! Although Kanye West's original song is actually nice in my opinion.

Oh, question: Do you like Egyptian history?

Indeed, I find it very interesting! Same goes for Greek mythology, they are two subjects on which I would really want to widen my knowledge in the future (is that sentence correct? not sure about the 'on which'). I think it's an unlimited source of inspiration for writing. I would adore to one day write a scenario based on Egyptian history...

Imma post a whole buncha songs for you to review X3

All one at a time.

It isn't a JB cover.

The singer doesn't really articulate, without the lyrics I wouldn't understand a thing XD
This one is nice. But the fact that he doesn't articulate is starting to annoy me x)

- - - Post Merge - - -

And now I want to listen to JB's Never Say Never.................

And I don't even know my solf?ge so I'm certainly not the best commentator out there...
I had to look up solf?ge. Now I understand that it refers to a type of music education that focuses on pitch and sight singing, though I am still not sure what 'sight singing' means (thought it was a synonym for 'sight reading').

Also, made me think of souffl?, heh.

Indeed, I find it very interesting! Same goes for Greek mythology, they are two subjects on which I would really want to widen my knowledge in the future (is that sentence correct? not sure about the 'on which'). I think it's an unlimited source of inspiration for writing. I would adore to one day write a scenario based on Egyptian history...
Yep, I love both subjects as well. Ooh, scenario involving Egyptian history. I was recently talking about how ancient Egypt continues to have a vast influence on the 'Western' mind, from artwork such as the bust of Nefartiti in a museum in Berlin, to pop culture such as the film The Mummy (1999) with Rachel Weisz and Brendan Frazer.

Is there a particular building or artwork by the ancient Egyptians (maybe 2500 years ago onwards) that you are awed by?

These songs are mostly at least five years old. I'll post one that is newer.

This song has literally ONE swear word that is censored.

I had to look up solf?ge. Now I understand that it refers to a type of music education that focuses on pitch and sight singing, though I am still not sure what 'sight singing' means (thought it was a synonym for 'sight reading').

Also, made me think of souffl?, heh.

When looking at the translation for 'solf?ge', I only found 'theory', which seemed a little too vague...

Yep, I love both subjects as well. Ooh, scenario involving Egyptian history. I was recently talking about how ancient Egypt continues to have a vast influence on the 'Western' mind, from artwork such as the bust of Nefartiti in a museum in Berlin, to pop culture such as the film The Mummy (1999) with Rachel Weisz and Brendan Frazer.

Is there a particular building or artwork by the ancient Egyptians (maybe 2500 years ago onwards) that you are awed by?

Well I loved The Mummy, haha! But seriously, there isn't really one artwork or building that comes to my mind. I like Egyptian history overall, and don't have any preferences. And it's been many years since I last really read about Egyptian history... I wish I could dedicate more of my time to this.

What comics do you recommend I start reading?

How long have you been into comics? What got you into comics?

How long have you been into comics? What got you into comics?

Ho ho ho, now here are some veeery interesting questions because, as a matter of fact, I am a huge, HUGE, comics fan.

There are so many amazing comics that I love that I wouldn't know where to start!

If I should recommend one 'super hero comics' character, it would be Deadpool. I happen to really like characters who don't have any limits, who never follow the usual codes and values of our society, and who break the fourth wall (you know, when a character is aware that he is in a fiction, and adresses to the public). He's just wacky, unpredictable and hilarious. As I once said, American comics are not a huge deal in France, they are super expensive and rare (15? and more, which is approximately $20); therefore, I can't really name any Deadpool 'album' or 'volume' per say. I get what I can from trips and Internet ;_;/

My favorite American comic ever has to be Bone by Jeff Smith. It's a masterpiece in my opinion.

If I should recommend you one manga, it would be FMA - BUT since you already know it, I would advise that you start reading Soul Eater. It is very well-written in my opinon, and although the mangaka's art style is not very 'clean' during the first three volumes, it gests extremely interesting as the manga goes on. The big idea behind this manga is madness and the search for order, and what it can lead us to. It's philosophical without even trying to be, and that makes it great. Very funny, very original characters as well, and the mangaka really succeeded in developping every one of them. It's fresh, it's unique, it's a must. Magi is also really cool. I just love it because it revisited the oriental myths and gave them a political span. Genius. Anime better than manga though. Drawings aren't super good.

And last but not least, I will recommend you check out a French drawer's work, Lewis Trondheim's. He is more into fantastic stories, and got a lot of awards for his work. He is pretty famous so I think you could find some of his work translated in English. Would've loved to advise you to read more Franco-Belgian comics but I just have no idea if they are exported in the USA...

OH and you HAVE to check out What do the teenage boys do?, very short series of mangas who are silly and absurd. Very funny in my opinion.

How long have you been into comics?

Since I learned how to read! A day doesn't go by without me reading a comic of some sort.

What got you into comics?

My dad gave me tons of comics when I was a kid. Also, when I went to the countryside during holidays, I went to the library every day and rented tons of volumes, read them in a couple hours after I got back home. I think that's how I really got into it. Then I discovered mangas (when I was eight I think), and the love for comics grew bigger.

Thank you so much for the questions, hope you will enjoy the comics I recommended you if you read them someday n_n

Ooh, Deadpool. I hope you saw this 'test footage' for a proposed Deadpool movie, which still makes me laugh:

Now that you have me curious, I will have to find a Deadpool comic. And one person I have known for a very long time would know exactly where I should start, so I will have to ask him. Also, I like Deadpool for the same reasons.

As I once said, American comics are not a huge deal in France, they are super expensive and rare (15€ and more, which is approximately $20); therefore, I can't really name any Deadpool 'album' or 'volume' per say. I get what I can from trips and Internet ;_;/
Wow, makes me want to go to Barnes & Noble and pick out the American comics you want to start with, so I can just mail 'em to you.

My favorite American comic ever has to be Bone by Jeff Smith. It's a masterpiece in my opinion.

If I should recommend you one manga, it would be FMA - BUT since you already know it, I would advise that you start reading Soul Eater. It is very well-written in my opinon, and although the mangaka's art style is not very 'clean' during the first three volumes, it gests extremely interesting as the manga goes on. The big idea behind this manga is madness and the search for order, and what it can lead us to. It's philosophical without even trying to be, and that makes it great. Very funny, very original characters as well, and the mangaka really succeeded in developping every one of them. It's fresh, it's unique, it's a must. Magi is also really cool. I just love it because it revisited the oriental myths and gave them a political span. Genius. Anime better than manga though. Drawings aren't super good.

And last but not least, I will recommend you check out a French drawer's work, Lewis Trondheim's. He is more into fantastic stories, and got a lot of awards for his work. He is pretty famous so I think you could find some of his work translated in English. Would've loved to advise you to read more Franco-Belgian comics but I just have no idea if they are exported in the USA...

OH and you HAVE to check out What do the teenage boys do?, very short series of mangas who are silly and absurd. Very funny in my opinion.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write out those recommendations. ;_; Very much appreciate it, and will bookmark this post as a reminder.

My dad gave me tons of comics when I was a kid. Also, when I went to the countryside during holidays, I went to the library every day and rented tons of volumes, read them in a couple hours after I got back home. I think that's how I really got into it. Then I discovered mangas (when I was eight I think), and the love for comics grew bigger.
That is awesome.

Thank you so much for the questions, hope you will enjoy the comics I recommended you if you read them someday n_n
Thank you for the answers, and I definitely will read them.

Last edited:
Good and bad.

Good because we won at soccer 3-0, but bad because I played right and left midfielder and I am dying because of the amount of running.

Ooh, Deadpool. I hope you saw this 'test footage' for a proposed Deadpool movie, which still makes me laugh:

Now that you have me curious, I will have to find a Deadpool comic. And one person I have known for a very long time would know exactly where I should start, so I will have to ask him. Also, I like Deadpool for the same reasons.

Yes I saw it, and really enjoyed it! You're lucky to have a friend who seems to be an expert, haha!

Wow, makes me want to go to Barnes & Noble and pick out the American comics you want to start with, so I can just mail 'em to you.

Such a sweet thought! But if you think about it, there isn't much demand in my country and the export costs might explain why they're so expensive... it sucks, but it's the law of supply and demand *bragging*.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write out those recommendations. ;_; Very much appreciate it, and will bookmark this post as a reminder.

You're welcome! I didn't put much because it would have been too long to type only the tip of the iceberg of what Franco-Belgian comics' history is.

Last edited:
3DS-It-Prints-Money.gif

I LOVE IT

Back