• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Behind the Bookcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my entry:
Y5EJJVC.png

All of these look really good!!💕 I'm still working on mine, but I'm having so much fun so far!😊

So, just so I’m clear we can’t use ephemera or stickers that we didn’t digitally draw ourselves? For example, I have vintage apothecary stickers I purchased from etsy, so could I use those?

NB: I won't begin accepting entries for this event until a later date, so please don't panic over the fact I am posting this thread and you haven't yet received tickets.

cool, so that means I can draw an animal and add feathers. But is writing a message necessary? Like actual English or it can be made up language?
You can use a made-up language and/or non-English languages.

@Chris Would washi tape be allowed for this event?
Coloured masking tape is allowed.

Can the writing be digital printed on the paper, Or do we have to hand write?
I'd recommend handwriting simply for the sake of authenticity. But as someone who cannot handwrite due to disability I recognise others may be in the same boat, so I won't rule it out entirely.

So, just so I’m clear we can’t use ephemera or stickers that we didn’t digitally draw ourselves? For example, I have vintage apothecary stickers I purchased from etsy, so could I use those?
If they're little, go ahead. If they take up a substantial amount of the page or appear to be the focal point of your entry then that would be problematic - and certainly wouldn't be nominated by our team to go to the polls if it were for some reason accepted.

IMG_1245.JPG

🪶 Three days searching through the enchanted forest, a little bluebird led me to this place, a glade unlike any I had ever seen 🪶
🌳 Upon the base of a mighty tree I find a tome filled page to page with spells 🌳
✨ Perhaps a flower fairy left it there for me to discover ✨
🌷 I can't help this feeling of happiness in my heart as I watch speckles of sunlight dancing delicately along the old, musty pages 🌷
🐾 Rather than take the tome home with me, its place is here amongst my woodland friends for all to see 🐾

fSkRkCu.gif
ㅤrunes that tell a tale of an enchanted forest!
fSkRkCu.gif

IMG_0453.jpg

while this written script seemed to be oddly familiar to me, it might take me some time to decipher ㅤ
it's meanings. the pages also have a faint and familiar scent emanating from it. perhaps coffee or tea?
from what i can gather, the pages seem to allude to something about a certain blonde haired mod and
the aftermath of possible consuming the fabled indigo mushroom! i'll be sure to report any findings ㅤ
after the message has been decoded and translated! ㅤ
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
also for some strange reason a familiar face that's near and dear to
me seems to be illustrated on one of the pages? i'll have to check and
ask to see what his involvement on this ancient text could possibly be!

IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0459.jpg

i used coffee and tea to dye my pages of mixed media paper!
i found it harder to crumple the pages after they dried and also
had a hard time choosing what media to use to colour the pages.
they were pretty delicate after the dying process. ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

This took sometime to make but I had a lot of fun making it. I added splashes of potion to the bottom of the second page and used the elvish runes alphabet from the lord of the rings to write the runes. Everything is hand drawn, inked, colored, and glittered. ✨😊✨✨✨
received_372918035006563.jpeg

I'm having an internal struggle about whether I'm doing this one or not. All the submissions are awesome and I can't even draw a decent stick figure(and atrocious handwriting too). I don't know if I can bring myself to submit something knowing how bad it would look.

I'm having an internal struggle about whether I'm doing this one or not. All the submissions are awesome and I can't even draw a decent stick figure(and atrocious handwriting too). I don't know if I can bring myself to submit something knowing how bad it would look.

If it's any consolation, I can't draw at all either, and my handwriting is terrible, haha (it was often remarked in middle school that my math notebooks looked like they were written in an ancient language. I'm a much faster and better typer).

In spite of those things I'm still going to try anyway though! I like how events/contests like these give me a creative outlet, which is always fun (and I also want those participation tickets, 😋 ).

Whether you participate or not is up to you, but I'm definitely going to give it a shot. We have a lot of time to enter anyway. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back