• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Behind the Bookcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a lot of influence from Gravity Falls and the lettering on the top left of the page was inspired by Korean characters so kudos to you if you can find the Korean in there haha 😚 otherwise, I had a lot of fun doing this!!

IMG_6577-min.jpg

Here's mine~

spells1.jpg

Since it's Harry, who's cranky, I feel like he would have a spell to help with his negative emotions~
Plus, a new way to get a spcific type of Gyroid! :D
spells2.jpg
spells3.jpg

I tried to dap a used tea bag at the paper, but it didn't get that dried up or a stronger look, but I like it XD
Definitely wanted to try pressed flowers so did it for one, and got some chamomile dried stuff from tea bags.
The anti axiety jar is something I found online, while the other was one I made myself.

so I assume this event's entries do not have to be specifically animal crossing themed? I'm thinking I would love to make one for one of my mysterious OCs :>

Poor Harry. When we were tasked to help him make a new Grimoire, I had to search through all my fond (though sparse) memories of going to school w/ Harry. I remembered one very odd thing about him. Harry suffers from motion sickness. (And he’s a water type!!!!!!!) He had one told us a story of how he had been floating down a river and came upon a rapids section that made him so ill he was afraid to even float in a kiddie pool for weeks afterward. Sooooooo, I decided to add a couple of pages on the elixir, Vertigolous, for motion sickness so the next time he starts turning green, he’ll have it on hand.
71B3C9FC-1970-4A82-8D1D-D188C416DB8D.jpeg

All entries up to this point have been accepted. 🍄

so I assume this event's entries do not have to be specifically animal crossing themed? I'm thinking I would love to make one for one of my mysterious OCs :>
Rules ✨
Your entry should be themed to meet either the TBTF 2022 Enchanted Forest theme and/or Animal Crossing.

so I assume that if I wrote a story that isn't specifically animal crossing themed but is enchanted forest themed then it would work?
I'm not sure if this question was intended for this contest or if it was intended for our writing contest Hero's Crossing. For this art contest, it's fine for your entry to only meet one of the two themes as stated in the opening post.

I'm not sure if this question was intended for this contest or if it was intended for our writing contest Hero's Crossing. For this art contest, it's fine for your entry to only meet one of the two themes as stated in the opening post.
oh im sorry, I forgot what thread this was. idek why i was thinking about the story writing 🤣🤣 yeah I was wondering if the drawing could be enchanted themed but not AC themed. thanks for replying and being patient w me lol!!

dH8X2A4.jpg

kGvzZQU.jpg

My pages are an examination of a few familiar faces, and the two Magic Circles present in New Horizons.
I was very inspired by Gravity Falls' Journal 3 and also Adventure Time, the coded language I made up is based on written Animalese.
The glow-in-the-dark effect was achieved with neon colored pencil and highlighter under black light.
jtQCvSA.jpg

0EGzyhU.jpg

yrEgfkX.jpg

I worked really hard on this ;v; From being sick, this took so much of my energy and so many hand cramps xD
Zucker may not fit the 'enchanted forest' theme, but he is my FAVORITE villager. I figured I'd make a summoning spell/recipe for him as my grimoire! Hope you guys enjoy :3​

Ah, I'm so glad my entry got accepted! Thank you!

Also, whenever I see the name of this event, I can't help thinking, "Put! The candle! Back!" XD

IMG_0889_50.jpg

IMG_0890_50.jpg
Vicus Evanescet roughly translates to "they will disappear from the village." This potion will make the villager you want gone, disappear from your island immediately.

IMG_0891_50.jpg
Meridiem in tenebris roughly translates to "the afternoon in the dark." This potion will allow you to glow in the dark to light up your travels. Go ahead and throw that old light stick away!

I found pages for the Blessing of the Town Tree! A small tree grows out of the book when you review this spell.

Photo:

Blessing of the Town Tree

Blessed be thy hearth and home
To all neighbors, I bid welcome
I call upon the spirit of our town tree
To bring joy and bells for all to see

Let no wasps fall from the boughs above
Show us instead a friendly love
Flourish, oh roots, in a golden glow
Sprout forth a bounty trifold or so

Cherish the memories seen from this park
Imbued in the rings of your trunk and bark
Share the feelings of belonging and hope
Leave none lonely to moan and mope

Bless us, heartily, oh sacred town tree
Fill us with warmth as the seasons flee
No matter how many wrinkles fill our faces
Our hearts remember our friends’ embraces

Supplies used: 4 Ink pens, a couple markers, and a wrist brace for arthritis, lol. I really wanted the whole thing to be in brown ink to mimic a fancy ancient tome, but I sadly ran out of brown ink early on. Inking it all by hand was foolhardy.

The Blessing: I know we didn't have to write anything real, but I thought a spell with a nice rhyme would be more magical. I have fond memories of the Plaza and Town Tree from ACNL, so that's the reference.

Runes: in the grid is Japanese for "Animal Crossing is for everyone"; I have never felt a sense of belonging as much as I have here at TBT and it all stemmed from Animal Crossing <3; to the left of KK is just a vertically written "bells"; I wrote the 2nd stanza sideways because I saw some of that in example spellbooks and thought the change in alignment was neat

KK is playing a lute.
The border is made of repeating trees.
I could go on and on about other details, but this is long enough. It was fun! Hope I didn't miss anything for credit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back