The Bell Tree Fair 2022 Patch
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
bell-tree-direct-july252024.png

Hello everyone! We have some new forum updates, improvements, and events to share in today's summer Bell Tree Direct, so let's begin.

The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Is Almost Here!

For the first time since 2022, our classic The Bell Tree Fair event is returning in just a couple days from now on the evening of July 27th, 2024. As you'd expect, this year's theme will focus on a grand birthday party celebration for TBT's 20th anniversary later this year -- and you're invited!

bell-tree-direct-july252024-fair-preview.png

Art by Pyoopi

In the meantime, you can help us get the party started early with two new event backdrops now available in the Shop for 80 Bells each...

Bountiful Balloons & Holographic Horizon

backdrop-bountiful-balloons-thread.png
backdrop-holographic-horizon-thread.png

Backdrops by Mistreil and dizzy bone

Note that if you own a recurring scenery, please ensure it is deactivated to display these new backdrops.

Introducing Thread Highlights

We're very excited to introduce a brand new forum feature that aims to improve the experience of browsing lengthy threads on TBT -- it's called Thread Highlights!

With this new feature, staff members will be able to mark a post in a thread as a highlight. When a post in a thread has been designated with a highlight, a new menu dropdown will appear at the top and bottom of the thread that contains all of the thread's highlighted posts. You can click these titled highlights to quickly jump to specific important posts within the thread.

bell-tree-direct-july252024-highlights-mobile.png

On mobile, you'll find highlights at the top and bottom of the thread near page numbers.

Beginning with The Bell Tree Fair 2024, we will start using thread highlights to make it easier to keep up with the latest happenings inside of many event threads. For example, in an event where there are multiple rounds of submissions, thread highlights will be used to provide quick access to posts highlighting each new round's challenge and results. Or as another example, a thread highlight may be used to provide easy access to notable rule updates or changes during an event.

bell-tree-direct-july252024-highlights-desktop.png

On desktop, you'll find highlights at top right and bottom right of the thread.

Outside of events, thread highlights may be used by staff in other long threads to highlight important information worth referencing. And in the future, we'll be considering potential ways for you to create highlights in your own threads within select boards.

Better Page Flipping on Mobile

Somewhat related to thread highlights, we have a minor update that should help with finding posts within large threads on the forum. You may have noticed that when using a mobile device, the page navigation is hidden from the top of threads and only found at the bottom of each page.

bell-tree-direct-july252024-pages-mobile.png

Some of us on staff have long found this to be quite tedious when looking for specific content within lengthy threads that requires a lot of page flipping, so we're making a change today to display the page navigation at the top of threads on mobile too.

This is a trade off, as it will take up space within the limited screen space that mobile devices have to offer, so please let us know if you do find this change to be helpful or not so much. We are open to hearing your feedback.

Introducing Sidebar Event Trackers

Two new 'event trackers' are being introduced to the home page's sidebar that will feature both current and upcoming events happening around The Bell Tree! These trackers may not appear super useful right now, but we intend to use them going forward for many minor events too that wouldn't otherwise be displayed prominently enough. As an example, small events such as TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek and other gaming sessions could be featured.

bell-tree-direct-july252024-events-tracker-sidebar.png

Additionally, during select major events like the Fair, an additional new tracker will be displayed showcasing the latest thread highlights from inside of an event's individual threads.

Classic Mailboxes & Envelopes Return

Once upon a time, the forum's Shop featured both Mailbox and Envelope add-ons that could increase your private messaging abilities, but these were retired in early 2020. Earlier this year, we heard from some members in our collectible community that they'd like to see these collectibles return again as visual flair -- so that's what we're doing!

mailbox1-gold.png
mailbox1-red.png
mailbox2-silver.png
env-11.png
env-5.png

You'll once again find a variety of Mailbox collectibles in the Shop starting tomorrow to enjoy as purely visual collectibles, with the exception of the rare Purple Mailbox that will remain retired. Plus, a selection of Envelope add-ons that function as an increase to maximum conversation participants, in addition to visuals.

Edit: This is slightly delayed due to last minute Fair prep, but will arrive soon!

Redd's Lucky Gift!

Redd's Lucky Gift is back again to celebrate the summer's fireworks! Click on him to receive a random amount between 50 to 100 Bells celebrating today's updates in this Bell Tree Direct.

reddbells.png

Last edited:
Can’t wait can’t wait can’t wait!!!! Now I gotta go bk up and actually finish reading!

Finally! Birthday time! 🎉🎂🎉

Thanks for the 99 bells Redd! Your cousin is grateful!

OMG this is gonna be so much fun!!! Oh yeah, thank you for the 94 bells Redd!!!! :D

Tomorrow I'm gonna get my digital hands on those new mailbox and envelope collectibles. Muahahaha! >:)

So hyped for this!!! Thanks for the 93 Bells, Redd <3

I probably won't participate too much, but I'll be bringing my A game for any creative writing events there may be...

Got 96 bells from Redd!

(also spending 80 tbt on a single backdrop instantly 🤣 star fragment themed backdrop when?)

92 BELLS, THANK YOU REDD ILY MWAH
IMG_9278.gif

Fair and the thought of having to make art or do anything creative or do basically anything that requires brain function sounds scary rn with how foggy my brain has been lately, but I'm very excited for fair!! I can't wait to see what collectibles and activities there'll be! The backdrops are also beautiful!! I think I'll once again pass to save my tbt, but Bountiful Balloons do be tempting me...

Also THANK YOU for the Thread Highlights feature. 🙌🏻

Last edited:
Oh wow, I got 90 bells. Rng actually likes me for once yay! 🎉

The mailboxes are back! Never thought I'd see the day!

Can't believe it's already time for the next TBT fair, time really flies! Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to participate much this year, definitely not as much as some of the earlier events, but I might still give it a go anyway. And thank you for the 54 bells!

super, super happy about the thread highlights and excited for fair! not sure how much I'll be able to participate due to irl being busy but I'll give it my best shot.

thank you for 53 bells, Redd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back