• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

"COLLECTIBLES" - A blessing or a curse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true... Not everyone's an artist. Or digital ones either.

Also, why so many peaches? I can't even get one lol

cause it's pink!! ahahaha and i'm joining the bandwagon of collecting 10 of the same collectibles.
sorry off topic

Also I was curious if there was a reason why the shop restocks only when there's a bell tree direct posted rather than before when there would be a time stated in the bell tree direct for the restocks?

Last edited:
I was kind of a jerk earlier, I am sorry (vaguely) if I offended anyone. Today's not a great day. Anyway, as far as this collectable stuff goes, it is what it is and that's all it is. I'm sorry if that hurts anyone here, but that's all it is. We're always open to suggestions about stuff, but there's other priorities we have before balancing the economy even comes into play. There are way too few mods to enforce such a large number of people taking advantage of a system, and not everything is possible within the confines of the forum add-on.

We're more interested in giving you guys new content before we sit back and fix other things. If you guys don't want things like directs, events, or better things that give you guys more to do, then let us know and maybe we'll back off to fix an economy that's only going to break again anyway.

My personal opinion is that the collectables don’t matter. They never have to me. The only ones I really, really wanted was the Donation Bell Bag (Because I made it) and the Garnet Birthstone because it’s my birthstone. I don’t have the Garnet still, and I don’t show off my donation bag either.

You may call me a hypocrite for having 10 oranges in my showcase, but these collectables are still available, and in all sense of the word are worthless to most people. I love oranges, and I don’t really care for the collectable, but in a drunk fit of brilliance I decided that I absolutely must have ten oranges. So here I am.

When I joined the forum we didn’t have TBT bells, we didn’t have collectables either. We were here for community and Animal Crossing. It was simpler, and I feel like I made many more close connections because there was really nothing there that you could do that involved angering someone over buying and selling something, or being considered shady off the bat because of your habits when it comes to those things. I personally don’t buy and sell because I am a very aggressive business owner. I would probably treat my shop the same way I treat all of my other financial venues, and that would probably feed the suspicion most of you have about my abrasive personality.

As WonderK has stated, they are a luxury, and such a stock really must not be put into something that isn’t worth such arguments. They are “just pixels” to me. I get they mean a bit to you guys, but you weren’t here when they weren’t. Most of the people that were are the ones that understand what I mean. I feel like they should be worth something more than what they are. So you have an orange.. great. The stuff from the fair is things you purchased or won.. same with the eggs. The Bell Bag is a way to show “hey I cared enough to donate!” and those are the ones that really make me happy to see. They mean that you actually care about the forum and not just a pile of pixels. The ones that you really, really had to earn are the only reason I would be sad to see the system go, but other than that.. this has gone too far.

Do they?
I've missed every single restock because I've been asleep lol.

Either way, I'm sure GMT people will get them if they want them enough.

Yes, we restock the shop at varying times. I’ve seen many in the middle of the night my time. (I’m in Central Time.) So the people overseas really can’t complain that they’re not awake when the restocks happen. Honestly, if we were to implement a restock on a specific date and time every week or so, the forum would probably crash from the amount of people refreshing the shop every second and blowing it all up.

I used Neopets as an example earlier. About ten years ago, restocks were every thirty minutes, and everyone would enter a shop just to furiously refresh and pick off the items. What made it possible to get them was the fact that you had a good internet connection, and an extreme amount of patience. It would be completely unfair for someone with a 100mbps connection to be doing that while someone with a 2mbps connection had to suffer from their ISP.

That, and like I said, it would bring down the forum.

but not everyone can draw so it really limits what service can be provided :’(

There are -plenty- of services. If you play Animal Crossing, you can offer a yard care and gardening shop (basically work in someone else’s town) for TBT or Bells. I’ve thought about doing that myself. You can also host your own little events to make a profit. Make a contest that requires TBT to enter. Be ORIGINAL. That’s how you make bells, by offering someone something they can’t get anywhere else.

I can’t tell you how to be creative, but I can tell you artists worked for a very, very long time to get the skills they have and feel comfortable enough to showcase and sell with that skill for what they do. I’m an artist myself and do not sell any of my work for TBT because I believe that it’s fake money and I can’t buy food with it, or get healthcare I need with it. It’s not worth enough to me to drop twenty hours on a painting. That’s just my opinion though.

Yes, we restock the shop at varying times. I’ve seen many in the middle of the night my time. (I’m in Central Time.) So the people overseas really can’t complain that they’re not awake when the restocks happen. Honestly, if we were to implement a restock on a specific date and time every week or so, the forum would probably crash from the amount of people refreshing the shop every second and blowing it all up.

Man I must suck with my timing then xD

By the way, what's this direct thing people are mentioning?
Is that like Nintendo's direct but from the Forum? Where do they get posted?

Also, what month is your Birthday? lol

Man I must suck with my timing then xD

By the way, what's this direct thing people are mentioning?
Is that like Nintendo's direct but from the Forum? Where do they get posted?

Also, what month is your Birthday? lol

My birth-month is January. It's all visible in my profile if you're curious.

The directs are posted here in the HQ and are usually like "Nintendo Direct" material. We introduce site updates, rule changes, new material, restocks, events, and usually anything that happens will be mentioned in one of these Directs, which is why we mention them so much in the Information Desk and Ask The Staff.

There are -plenty- of services. If you play Animal Crossing, you can offer a yard care and gardening shop (basically work in someone else’s town) for TBT or Bells. I’ve thought about doing that myself. You can also host your own little events to make a profit. Make a contest that requires TBT to enter. Be ORIGINAL. That’s how you make bells, by offering someone something they can’t get anywhere else.

I can’t tell you how to be creative, but I can tell you artists worked for a very, very long time to get the skills they have and feel comfortable enough to showcase and sell with that skill for what they do. I’m an artist myself and do not sell any of my work for TBT because I believe that it’s fake money and I can’t buy food with it, or get healthcare I need with it. It’s not worth enough to me to drop twenty hours on a painting. That’s just my opinion though.

Everyone has bad days, it's all good.

Even the services you listed arn't going to make you a lot of tbt especially ones that involve the game because many other people can do it as well. Garden shops? theres like 5+ in tbt marketplace. Selling villagers? same thing. Weeding and landscaping? many people do it for free.

My birth-month is January. It's all visible in my profile if you're curious.

The directs are posted here in the HQ and are usually like "Nintendo Direct" material. We introduce site updates, rule changes, new material, restocks, events, and usually anything that happens will be mentioned in one of these Directs, which is why we mention them so much in the Information Desk and Ask The Staff.

Ah, I thought I might have the gem you haven't got, but I don't.

And coolio. I'll have to keep an eye out for future directs ^^

Everyone has bad days, it's all good.

Even the services you listed arn't going to make you a lot of tbt especially ones that involve the game because many other people can do it as well. Garden shops? theres like 5+ in tbt marketplace. Selling villagers? same thing. Weeding and landscaping? many people do it for free.

The point was to think of something new and creative. Either way you're going to be spending your time doing something for fake money that you will realize later on, was a waste of your time. Especially if you decide to part with the forum.

The point was to think of something new and creative. Either way you're going to be spending your time doing something for fake money that you will realize later on, was a waste of your time. Especially if you decide to part with the forum.

It's no different from playing a videogame though.
Playing a game gives you satisfaction and entertainment at that moment, but really you achieve nothing beneficial in reality. (unless you're a pro or youtuber and earning from it lol).

Spending time or doing something for TBT bells is the same thing if you're enjoying it right now, whether you leave in the future or not.

I'd encourage people with talents and skills to earn some TBT if they enjoy being on the forum. Especially if they have spare time (and capabilities) :)

I'm just trying to think of something original now that I can do lol...

It's no different from playing a videogame though.
Playing a game gives you satisfaction and entertainment at that moment, but really you achieve nothing beneficial in reality. (unless you're a pro or youtuber and earning from it lol).

Spending time or doing something for TBT bells is the same thing if you're enjoying it right now, whether you leave in the future or not.

I'd encourage people with talents and skills to earn some TBT if they enjoy being on the forum. Especially if they have spare time (and capabilities) :)

I'm just trying to think of something original now that I can do lol...

Most of the time playing a game is an experience. For me at least, I'm there for the story and the emotional impact it will have on me, or in the case of some other games it's a stress relief. It really depends on the person though.

and if anyone is interested, collectibles didn't really take off to the extent they have today until the pokeball was released last year. Those things were selling out in minutes and hell there were so many at the time that I sold a couple for just 74 bells.

Part of the problem we have now is patience and honestly on that thought, collectibles don't just have to be pixels on a screen. They can be a little memory of what was happening on the forum at the time, made far more special if you were actually active. Sometimes wonder if half the problem is people can't TT or dupe for a tbt collectible as they would do in animal crossing.

Sometimes wonder if half the problem is people can't TT or dupe for a tbt collectible as they would do in animal crossing.

Actually a good point.

I do agree. Sometimes people have interesting little hidden gems in the hover text. Like a certain user and ABBA songs :D

Part of the problem we have now is patience and honestly on that thought, collectibles don't just have to be pixels on a screen. They can be a little memory of what was happening on the forum at the time, made far more special if you were actually active. Sometimes wonder if half the problem is people can't TT or dupe for a tbt collectible as they would do in animal crossing.

This hits the nail! For example, is it hard to obtain a feather collectible outside of the Fair if you weren't here? Good! That's the point.

FYI, I accidentally clicked "close thread" and wasn't aware of it until this morning. If that's enough to make you angry, then you may need to prioritize what's important in your life.

This is very believable, the fool deleted a whole Mafia thread once by accident :lemon:

Last edited:

That's a good point o.o I never thought of it that way, but I guess some of my collectibles do hold some memories of my time here in TBT.

and if anyone is interested, collectibles didn't really take off to the extent they have today until the pokeball was released last year. Those things were selling out in minutes and hell there were so many at the time that I sold a couple for just 74 bells.

This is why I love my little cup collectible :)

Having said that... I still want to collect all the letters -_- lol. It's been my mission for like 18 months and since they were basically the only collectibles available in the store xD

Yes, we restock the shop at varying times. I?ve seen many in the middle of the night my time. (I?m in Central Time.) So the people overseas really can?t complain that they?re not awake when the restocks happen. Honestly, if we were to implement a restock on a specific date and time every week or so, the forum would probably crash from the amount of people refreshing the shop every second and blowing it all up.

I used Neopets as an example earlier. About ten years ago, restocks were every thirty minutes, and everyone would enter a shop just to furiously refresh and pick off the items. What made it possible to get them was the fact that you had a good internet connection, and an extreme amount of patience. It would be completely unfair for someone with a 100mbps connection to be doing that while someone with a 2mbps connection had to suffer from their ISP.

That, and like I said, it would bring down the forum.

What if the restocks were a certain time in each time zone? Like how the forum background changed for fall at midnight? I'm not sure if that could be done, but it would keep everyone from trying to get on the site at once and possibly crashing it.

I was looking around the shop yesterday and I found cool bank and lottery features. I didn't know these existed and they seem like a fun way to earn tbt besides just posting or selling something. This discussion as well as talking with different users has made me more interested in tbt and collectibles. I didn't really get the point of tbt before and I thought it was useless. I would usually just sell my tbt for AC bells. Now I think it is fun to work towards saving tbt to buy a collectible you want. It is like reaching an achievement in a video game. :)

What if the restocks were a certain time in each time zone? Like how the forum background changed for fall at midnight? I'm not sure if that could be done, but it would keep everyone from trying to get on the site at once and possibly crashing it.

I was looking around the shop yesterday and I found cool bank and lottery features. I didn't know these existed and they seem like a fun way to earn tbt besides just posting or selling something. This discussion as well as talking with different users has made me more interested in tbt and collectibles. I didn't really get the point of tbt before and I thought it was useless. I would usually just sell my tbt for AC bells. Now I think it is fun to work towards saving tbt to buy a collectible you want. It is like reaching an achievement in a video game. :)

Then you'd still have people staying up 24 hours to get stuff. Trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back