Dark Veil 2

I slowly reach forward and pick up the ring. I notice straight away that instead of a gem, it has ice, which keeps changing colours as I stare at it. This looks really expensive... I think, gently slipping it onto the middle finger of my right hand after several moments of hesitation. It fits perfectly.

Last edited:
I rub my eyes, and go back inside. I put back the wine bottle that I had left on the counter, and sit down in the living room.

I soon find him in the living room, reading. I go in, open my mouth to say talk, but I don't know what to say, so I just close it again. I didn't really think this through, what the hell should I say? I think, realising I probably look like an idiot right now.

"But I like to drink..." I sigh and Alex grabs my nose lightly.
"Did someone kick you in the face?" I ask, but instead of saying anything, he just kisses me. "James, you're drunk." I say as I pull away.
"So?" I shrug and kiss her again.

Deciding that actions speak louder than words, especially since I can't think of any words to say, I sit down next to Aions. I wrap my arms around him, and kiss him.

"This ring, it's incredible..." I say quietly, once we've pulled away from the kiss. "It must have cost you a fortune..."

I snuggle up to him, with my arms still wrapped around him, clinging on as if my life depends on it. I love him, and I never want to let him go.

Cuddled up to Aions, I start to feel tired, and before I know it I'm starting to drift off. It's not even late in the day, but right now I can't help it.

Back