Dark Veil 2

I grab my potions when I wake up the next morning, intending to go back outside. Its quite windy, so instead I bring the bag of potion ingredients with me and go to the training room, where I can make other potions.

I arrive at the training room and slide down a wall, hungover and tired out. Man, I really need a drink. But I promised Alex I wouldn't have anymore.

I sit down on the concrete floor, and put some of the stuff from the bag out in front of me. I flick through the alchemy book, and decide on a stronger fire potion than the ones I tried yesterday.

I take out the ingredients I need, including fire essence and vodka. I put them next to the cauldron so I can add them when I need to.

I carefully measure out and add the ingredients to the cauldron, adding a small amount of the vodka last to bind it. I put the nearly full vodka bottle quite a way away, behind me, knowing that it could fuel a huge fire if something went wrong and it was too close.

Last edited:
I notice the bottle is just within my reach and I unconciously take it. Drinking half of it, I stop myself and spit some out. WHAT AM I DOING?! Hurling the bottle angrily, it crashes on the floor.

As I'm mixing the ingredients, there is a sudden smashing sound behind me, which makes me jump and knock over the cauldron. The potion spills across the floor. I don't realise that it was the vodka bottle that smashed until the potion reaches it, and the whole lot goes up in flames. "****!"

I hear James' voice, and assume that the bottle smashing was his fault, since I wasn't close enough to it. "JAMES, WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE?!" I yell, running to the fire to try to put it out. My shoes catch fire, and no matter what I do it won't go out.

I go to cast a water spell to put it out, but I find my powers won't work. "DAMMIT!" The alcohol was stopping my concentration.

Last edited:
The vodka went everywhere when the bottle smashed, so the fire ends up spreading out everywhere, soon making it past the door of the training room, where the hallway floor has carpet. Highly flammable carpet. "James, get out of here, now!" I yell at him.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SMASHED THE VODKA BOTTLE!"
In my hurry to get out of the training room to find a fire extinguisher or something, I drop and fall flat on my face, inside the fire. Milkshake bounces out of my pocket, catching fire as soon as it touches a flame.

Back