Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I know it is probably too late to do changes, but for prizes, for winning or placing, I wish the tickets won could be throwback tickets not tickets since all the physical prizes are gone (like the shaker and snow bunny). If there were more shaker charms, then yeah it’d maybe be helpful. But Idk if anyone wants a million regular balloons lol since balloons and raffles are all that the tickets can be used for (and the patch). Also, an option to exchange tickets for throwback tickets too might be nice.
I agree with this above this does make sense.

Now there is really only raffles to spend the tickets on but you aren't guaranteed to win. So having the option to transfer over tickets to throwback tickets would be amazing !!!

I know it is probably too late to do changes, but for prizes, for winning or placing, I wish the tickets won could be throwback tickets not tickets since all the physical prizes are gone (like the shaker and snow bunny). If there were more shaker charms, then yeah it’d maybe be helpful. But Idk if anyone wants a million regular balloons lol since balloons and raffles are all that the tickets can be used for (and the patch). Also, an option to exchange tickets for throwback tickets too might be nice.
That doesn’t sound like a bad idea. Maybe there should be a way to convert tickets to throwback tickets since most of us aren’t interested into the balloons, but if they do that, they might have a 2:1 conversion rate or something. As cool as it is to get two glow wands from the event, or a glow wand and a pinwheel, this may lower the value of the more coveted retro collectibles since the market would become oversaturated with them. But then again, we are getting tired of collectibles being scarce.

These values were determined because we do not want to give the contest winners a surplus of throwback tickets. It is not intended to be a way to obtain a higher quantity of rare collectibles.

unfortunately, that won't happen, just because of how hard they intend the imposter collectibles (especially the wands) to be to get
They should've just made the impostor collectibles raffle exclusive prizes instead to be honest. Raffles tend to rely so much on RNG thus making the collectibles harder to get by default.

Or make them exclusive to the winning top 3 with a wand of their choice just like the egg decorating contests in which the top 3 winners get to have the egg of their choice.

They should've just made the impostor collectibles raffle exclusive prizes instead to be honest. Raffles tend to rely so much on RNG thus making the collectibles harder to get by default.

Or make them exclusive to the winning top 3 with a wand of their choice just like the egg decorating contests in which the top 3 winners get to have the egg of their choice.
I'm glad that they didn't do this because I believe people at least deserve a fair shot at getting them. I was frustrated when they were introduced as raffle/contest exclusives last year and I'm happy that they're finally available like normal collectibles, even if they are more difficult to get. when all that stuff happened during the holiday event it got super ugly and really turned me off.

This is exactly why we will no longer offer imposters as winners prizes.
Ah, kinda like why you guys revoked the interest system ten years ago and Welcome Bells nine years ago. It’s because it takes a few bad apples in the site’s community to ruin a feature or deal, either by abusing the system or starting drama. But many companies (especially Nintendo) and individuals punish undesirable behavior this way anyways.

To be honest, not like those other cases from other companies where stuff have been taken away due to undesirable behavior among the fandom, we didn’t really see the potential that members would mess with the contest results if the glow wands were awarded to the winners. But when the incident did happen, we assumed that it was the imposter collectibles or even glow wands.

I think how they’re handling the wands, including imposters, is fair and reasonable. The reintroduction of past/rare eggs devalued them significantly and it was only fair for the same thing to happen to wands. The economy for rare collectibles got out of control.
I don’t get why it’s specifically the regular glow wands they put a much higher bar on. Even the pinwheel and black feather, which were very coveted for years, had lower ticket prices. Is it because the glow wands were light-based? Anyways, I agree that the economy for rare collectibles has been insane. You’ll need like 20,000 TBT or 30,000 TBT (which almost nobody has due to a TBT shortage) to buy one, and yet nobody wants to sell rare collectibles unless they really want TBT Bells to go on collectible shopping sprees. And as much as the rarer egg collectibles have been devalued, there used to be way fewer galaxy eggs and disco ball eggs in circulation. Even fewer than the white feather back when people were spending 50,000 TBT for one.

Maybe I should buy some glow wands from Etsy, from someone who knows how to make a light-up stick.

This is not at all a critique or a suggestion for this year as the event is already underway, but I wonder if it might have worked well to offer event winners their choice of collectible under X value from the Throwback tickets section? Like 1st place could be awarded “One collectible from this year’s event worth 48 Throwback Tickets or less.” That might make it feel more special and exciting to win as you’d actually be able to choose something rather than having redundant tickets, but it also wouldn’t award throwback tickets directly, which would keep the extremely rare collectibles from becoming too commmonplace.

Just thinking “out loud,” so to speak! I can definitely understand why staff did not want to tie the highest value collectibles to success in events given what has happened before.

tbh, I'm glad they made them obtainable via being an active participant, even if they maybe overdid it a tad with the cost
Post automatically merged:

and tbh making that worse because of the tickets collectibles prize pool being kinda bad isn't exactly good imo. if anything, the tickets prize pool should've been better. maybe having the more common fair collectibles included in it, while the throwback tickets would've had the highlight big draw items. or perhaps even overlapping so that common fair collectibles could be purchased with either tickets or throwback tickets, but the rarer stuff is throwback tickets exclusive

I’ll go ahead and spend my regular tickets on balloons and raffles because even if we don’t like them as much, we don’t want to see the non-rainbow balloons being scarce.

One thing I don’t understand is why are the balloon collectibles so low in demand on this site? What is the community’s aversion to balloons? Why don’t they like them? Balloons had a notoriously low demand since 2015 when I tried selling them for the first time, and now it’s like one collectible nobody wants to buy from others.

well I already got all the balloons I wanted from previous events and it's silly to go for others from this event, currently, while I can still get some more myself. oh, and I'm also trying to heavily limit my spending to save tbt

though I'll absolutely be seeking date swaps soon, at a minimum

Why do I still have these raffle tickets from March? Am I supposed to discard them? 😂
IMG_6676.jpeg

staff a lot of times won't discard the raffle tix on their own, so yeah. pretty much
Post automatically merged:

anyways, this made me decide to bored curiosity check, and look what shown back up in my inventory

Screenshot_20240819_190056_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Doo
So I'm on a long-term goal to collect every plush collectible. One day I decided to search up all the plushies released...and then I discovered the Goose Plush.

What in the name of heck is that and why is it unobtainable? I would appreciate any info on it. Thanks!

So I'm on a long-term goal to collect every plush collectible. One day I decided to search up all the plushies released...and then I discovered the Goose Plush.

What in the name of heck is that and why is it unobtainable? I would appreciate any info on it. Thanks!
It was a unique plush only ever owned by @/Chris during the 2020 fair! It sadly disappeared after the event, never to be seen again. But he lives on in our hearts 😔💔

Back