• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Forest of the Lustrous - Ended!!!

1660698053685.jpeg

took me forever to figure out what drawing app was easiest to use lol, finally got the hang of it after some initial practice

How do you all get these done digitally so quickly? I don't have a tablet so I'm using paintdotnet on my laptop. I'm using my mouse and this is taking me forever. I'm trying not to do traditional because that kills my hand. I'm worried I'm going to run out of time to get these done. Is there any program out there that I can use to make coloring art in easier? I really love the coloring events and don't want to have to give up doing them.
Krita is the only drawing program I use, I'm a laptop top user not a mobile user
I just downloaded the file to my computer and opened it up in Krita and used the bucket tool to fill everything quickly

I can't speak for all the great artists who do layers and textures and other fun stuff, but I just do basic coloring in Paint 3D on my laptop. I use the paint tool to fill in large areas with a single click. It usually takes me an hour or two depending on the complexity of the lineart and if I make any modifications to the lines.
Thank you so much for the info! I'll definitely check out Paint 3D.
Post automatically merged:

Not sure if this will be entirely helpful for you but I used an iPad, Apple Pencil, and ProCreate. I’m assuming that other digital artists are using tablets of some sort too! If you download a colouring book app onto your phone, some allow you to use your own images and it will make colouring in a lot easier!
Thank you for the suggestion! Sadly, I have a really crappy phone that I'm lucky can even handle sending texts. If I try to even use Chrome - which came preinstalled - for more than ten minutes the phone crashes.

Krita is the only drawing program I use, I'm a laptop top user not a mobile user
I just downloaded the file to my computer and opened it up in Krita and used the bucket tool to fill everything quickly
Thank you very much for the info! I'll check out Krita asap.

I’m gonna need to apologize for this monstrosity. Guys, my fingers and hands really don’t work very well and I pretty much have to stop after every 5 to 10 minutes because I go numb and because after my spinal surgery last year I really can’t put my head down for very long. Because of that I thought markers might make this first one easier and clearly I was mistaken because it’s really not very good. And by the way for some reason my clouds did not print and I did not realize that with my buddy printed it out for me so I had to dry out the clouds. Ha ha ha!!!
D4B1E72E-568D-4009-AF14-5F0EF25B1BEF.jpeg

I was tired yesterday and didn’t read that it was actually @Mick who drew the lineart, so I figured I’d fix my shoutout. It turned out amazing ☺️

Haha, all good! It was actually quite flattering that you could mistake it for one of Laudine's. One small step closer to convincing Jeremy I deserve an artist badge? Maybe. 👀 Jokes aside, thank you!! <3

To everyone else, thanks for the kind words as well! I'm happy to see the hours I put into the line-art were appreciated, and scrolling through the thread to see the different results has been lovely! 😄

Thank you so much for the info! I'll definitely check out Paint 3D.

Thank you for the suggestion! Sadly, I have a really crappy phone that I'm lucky can even handle sending texts. If I try to even use Chrome - which came preinstalled - for more than ten minutes the phone crashes.

Thank you very much for the info! I'll check out Krita asap.
If you're still looking for suggestions, Photopea is an online editor (free). I used it to color in my entry. I don't recommend using it Safari tho. Chrome worked well for me.

Back