How much are you willing to pay for a game?

Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Father's Day Carnation
June Birthstone (Pearl)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
If the price were to expand for new games, how much would you be willing to pay before waiting on a sale? Do you have a limit or would you spend anything on a game you really want?

Dragon Quest 3 remake is releasing at full price in November. This is my favorite series but it's still a 40 year old game. So I think it's a little silly, particularly with a series that already struggles to gain footing in the west.

I'll probably still get it. Since I want to support this series in any possible way.

I'm willing to pay the usual $60 for a standard big-time game. I've paid more than that for games with a bunch of DLC though. However for smaller indie games, it better be $20-40 for me to get it.

For games I can see myself playing again and again, like Splatoon or Mario Party, I don’t mind paying $60 for it. But for games I’ll just complete and be done with, I’ll wait for a sale.

honestly mainline Nintendo games are priced at the highest i ever will want to pay for games (around 60 bucks per game). to be fair though, I've ended up paying a lot for pay to win games, but it makes me feel really bad about myself.

Well I paid $80 for Breath of the Wild which is the standard price for the mainline switch games in Canada I guess, so I guess I could say that much. I don't do that often though, and I haven't bought another game for that much since.

it ultimately depends on the game itself

some I may only be willing to pay a small portion for

others I may be willing to go full standard aaa game price or maybe even a bit beyond

and then others are gacha that I may or may not be willing to whale on

Not too much. Switch game prices are ballooning compared to previous Nintendo consoles. I haven't bought new games in a while other than Hogwarts Legacy which was a steal at 15 USD.

Depends on the game for me. At the moment, for a standard big game if i want a physical copy on release I’m normally willing to pay about $70 AUD but if it’s a game I reallly want I’d see.
But normally I try to buy second hand, so about $20-50 AUD, unless I know it’s a rare older game.

I do think DLC prices are often ridiculous though:

It depends on the game. I’ll pay $60 if it is a game I’m sure that I’ll like. So far I only was able to get only one special edition and that was Persona 5 Royal for the switch. That was an easy decision since I already had it on the ps4 and loved it. If it was a game like some dynasty warriors style game, no, I would not pay $60. Fire Emblem Three Hopes was an exception.

Switch games are like 80+ bucks in Canada which is pretty steep but we got no choice.

I’m not usually comfortable spending $60 on a game since I’m a fan of the smaller indie games that costs less. I’m definitely more comfortable spending less than $30 on a game max. And I definitely am willing to wait for a sale on games I’d like to play.

It definitely depends on the game for sure. For most games, the 60 dollar price point makes sense, especially switch games. I usually expect to pay less for rereleases unless its a full remake. the shorter indie games i usually expect like 20-30.

I guess usually $80 (CAD) is what I'd like to put as my limit, as that's what most AAA games are priced at. I really only have my Nintendo Switch for gaming, so I don't know much price-wise outside of that. But I do recall The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, being $90 which hurt, but Breath of the Wild is one of my favourite games ever, so I was willing to pay the extra... I do recall we could get it for "cheaper" if we bought those vouchers, but I didn't want another game at the time, and I also prefer physical copies of games, and knew I definitely wanted a physical copy of TOTK, so it had to be done ksdkgdk. For indie games, I'm usually fine with paying up to $40.

With that being said, I don't buy games often. I think the last game I bought was early in the year (winter or early spring iirc).

It depends on the game, how badly I want it, how confident I am that I'll like it and how much playtime I think I'll get out of it.

First and second-party Nintendo switch games cost $90 in Canada, and that's the most I'm willing to pay for that kind of game. I'd definitely prefer to pay less, and I miss the 3DS days where brand new games costed $40-60, but $90 is my limit. No game is worth more than $100 imo.

For indie and third-party games, I don't really have a set price range in mind, but I don't think I'd want to pay more than $40 for one game. Whenever there's an indie game I'm interested in, I usually wait until it's on sale to get it, so I haven't had to pay more than $30 for a game yet. First-party and second-party games I usually buy for full price, though I'm not opposed to getting a secondhand or digital copy if it's cheaper.

Up to 60, but it depends on the game. Lately I've been burned by a lot of games I paid 60 for so I'm more hesitant, especially if it's the kind of game that will eventually go on sale.

Happy for games up to £50 in the U.K., but I usually go for where I can find them a bit cheaper, often around £42-£45. I only pay full price for Nintendo games as they often take far too long to drop in price, or not at all.

For other games, PlayStation or PC for example, I basically always wait for a sale or reduced price. I’m not spending full amounts on games when they drop down so often, and usually fairly quickly. I don’t get many games on release so this works for me, I’m usually playing games from like 4+ years ago 🤣

depends on the game! for switch games that i really like (splatoon, animal crossing, pokemon, mario) i'm willing to pay the standard $60. actually where i live it costs a little cheaper, around $50 lmao. but if a game is pretty old i'm most likely buying it second hand and i prefer not to pay more than $30 for them. the last second hand game i bought was splatoon 2 at $18 which is a good deal imo.

PC games are different, i'm not really a huge fan of the bigger PC games so I usually stick to a max price of $20. i love steam sales because many of the games on my wishlist cost $10 or less :]

Really depends on the kind of game, but for certain niche interests I'd definitely pay 80€

i'd say up to £30 (uk) for playstation games and to £40-50 for nintendo stuff. i usually purchase secondhand games now though, so would pay up to £20-30. last bought the pathless for £9, quite cheap !

playstation-wise, i don't really want to be paying much higher.. i'm going to wait around for a sale on the until dawn remake since the base price is £60 and honestly i'm not here for that

Back