• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I've never found a villager so off-putting...

Okay well agree to disagree
And since people can disagree, the most polite thing to do is not gift items to a villager you're actively moving out just to spite that villager
who said anything about it being a spite-gift? I said going away gift

also, nah. if anyone was to be 'polite' in that way, they'd have to cater their entire playstyle to theoretical 'what-ifs'. being polite is not advertising a villager as original when they aren't or such when moving them to someone specific, not catering to a weird fixation on original status with random move-ins. which honestly, I can't imagine many people who allow random move-ins are very obsessed with original status anyways, since you're basically just setting yourself up for disappointment like that. it'd be like if I was to get a used gamecube game and then complain about the lack of a manual, when there was no indication that it would contain one

who said anything about it being a spite-gift? I said going away gift

also, nah. if anyone was to be 'polite' in that way, they'd have to cater their entire playstyle to theoretical 'what-ifs'. being polite is not advertising a villager as original when they aren't or such when moving them to someone specific, not catering to a weird fixation on original status with random move-ins. which honestly, I can't imagine many people who allow random move-ins are very obsessed with original status anyways, since you're basically just setting yourself up for disappointment like that. it'd be like if I was to get a used gamecube game and then complain about the lack of a manual, when there was no indication that it would contain one
It is a spite gift if its a going away gift because you don't like them.
And I don't agree that the whole play style has to change because of it. But if you know you're actively getting rid of someone ASAP then it's different.

I cant be bothered to argue but I see it as a super jerk move to gift someone trash a day before they move. Purely because of the void mechanism

It is a spite gift if its a going away gift because you don't like them.
And I don't agree that the whole play style has to change because of it. But if you know you're actively getting rid of someone ASAP then it's different.

I cant be bothered to argue but I see it as a super jerk move to gift someone trash a day before they move. Purely because of the void mechanism
you can not like someone and still give them a gift that isn't out of spite

and a toilet isn't trash, but if you wanna say it is, then ok

This is so relatable. The lazies going from simple snack-happy layabouts to proud unhygienic slobs has made them fall from my favourite personality to most disliked. I only keep Raddle around because I'm a scientist IRL and enjoy his gimmicks.
I generally keep Ozzie around for this reason. It LOOKS like he's trying to be a scientist...and his interior looks like he's up to something...I just can't figure out what lol
Post automatically merged:

Oh and btw, like I said yesterday, Paolo will be in boxes in a few minutes if this thread has endeared him to anyone...

I generally keep Ozzie around for this reason. It LOOKS like he's trying to be a scientist...and his interior looks like he's up to something...I just can't figure out what lol

Oh and btw, like I said yesterday, Paolo will be in boxes in a few minutes if this thread has endeared him to anyone...

I would like him! I can dm you to discuss if no one else has claimed him!

I’m not sure where he’s coming from, but he is coming!

0388E380-C0CB-4487-9FDC-FEDDB26AEA62.jpeg

Awww I miss Paolo! He was my first lazy in NH, on my first island. He's freaking adorable; had no idea he had that house because when I had him, he had the default cabin house.

I don't think I have any messy villagers besides Stitches and Rodeo talking about bugs under their bed.

RNG does seem a bit funny in this game. I had genuinely thought that the uchi personality was just rude and standoffish in this game until Reneigh moved in, and she's as sweet as pie compared to Canberra and Ursala, at least in my experience.

Here is a Paolo post of my own from when he lived on my island:

He's a funny little guy, might try to get him back some time.

This is hardly Paolo's fault, New Horizons kinda removed a lot of the unique bits of personality these characters previously had by making their dialogue pools like ten times more miniscule and samey, leaving us to write personalities for most of them ourselves, so this is stuff ALL the villagers of his type can say.

...as I do Paolo.

Generally when I go island hopping, I'll automatically settle on a WA villager I don't have the amiibo card for since they're rare/expensive. This past weekend I found Paolo, so I moved him in. The days following his unpacking have gone like this:

Day 1: I see he lives in a bathroom...but I can deal with that. Some villagers have pretty messed up houses.
Day 2: He asks me what kind of sweets I like, and I pick chocolate. He likes chocolate too!...and then proceeds to tell me he likes milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and the chocolate he lets melt in his pocket that he calls 'finger goop'. Cool...
Day 3: Immediately after entering his house, he plops down on his toilet...so I leave.
Day 4: Today, he is sick...and tells me he wishes he had tissues because he's got a lot of nose gunk that should be in those tissues.

This is easily the dirtiest lazy I've ever encountered lol He'll also be breaking the record for the shortest time I've let a villager live on my island.

Anybody else harboring a dirtbag right now?
FINGER GOOP gahhahahah

Well, we're off to an AWESOME start....here's me beginning to scan in his replacement...

View attachment 371707
omg, when LOL is literal!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I mean if you thought that was bad look at Klaus's home interior....
Klaus Home Interior (Spoiler if you never had him)
For real though. I hated Klaus exactly because of his interior. Who needs a toilet and a bidet as soon as you walk in the door? And there's even a partition! Why can't the facilities be on the OTHER SIDE of the partition?? But then Klaus grew on me and I plan to get HHA just so I can eventually redo his house. Poor guy. He's actually rather elegant and dignified with the way he carries himself. It's not his fault that the programmers gave him a crappy house.

Regarding Paolo and the other lazy characters: I haven't had Paolo but the elephants in general aren't my favorites. Cranston was my first lazy and the very first thing he did when he came to the island was give me a huge set of iron jail bars and tell me that they were his "specialty." At first I thought his red mask was cute and super-hero like but knowing that jail bars were his thing, made me think armed-robbery. I found all the lazy dialogue from him to be boring. I swapped him for Barold and his dialogue has been much funnier. He has more to say for some reason and even the duplicate lines are funnier from him than they were from Cranston.

Last edited:
Back