• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

and hope I will get one where I can be as happy as you.

You will, you will. Just find the person who fits you, and don't try to force yourself to fit them and you won't go far wrong.

Must admit I am impressed by the level of maturity on here. Much less schoolyard stuff than on certain other gaming forums. Which of course is why I'm here instead of there!

I have given up on shiny Charmander for now, and am trying to get better at chaining. It looks so easy in the YouTube vids, but I always seem to get to 30-odd and then pick the wrong patch.

You will, you will. Just find the person who fits you, and don't try to force yourself to fit them and you won't go far wrong.

Must admit I am impressed by the level of maturity on here. Much less schoolyard stuff than on certain other gaming forums. Which of course is why I'm here instead of there!

I have given up on shiny Charmander for now, and am trying to get better at chaining. It looks so easy in the YouTube vids, but I always seem to get to 30-odd and then pick the wrong patch.

Have you tried the SV giveaways on Reddit? I don't like the community there (lots of the schoolyard stuff you are refering to and way too much cursing), but they have great giveaways if you know your sv. I have already gotten a shiny vulpix and a shiny fennekin after only two days. They both have decent ivs as well.

I hate how the youtube videos make it look so easy, but then I realized, they probably videoed themselves chaining hundreds of times to get the one videos that I was watching. It's misleading when we don't see all of their failed attempts.

Unfortunately I don't know my SV and have no way of checking it. Anyway, I kind of prefer doing it the hard way, makes it more 'mine' you know? Although I have to say these Charmander are really trying my patience...

Claimed a third shiny eevee from reddit[he's mine later tonight]. Still hoping to get a vulpix or honedge sometime soon.

Unfortunately I don't know my SV and have no way of checking it. Anyway, I kind of prefer doing it the hard way, makes it more 'mine' you know? Although I have to say these Charmander are really trying my patience...

Gonna try getting the program to work for myself later this week when I get a longer cable to connect my computer to the modem. If I can get it to work, would you like me to check yours?

That would be great Scribbler, thank you. I'd be quite happy hatching for other people actually, kind of like a shiny Pokemon midwife.

Got another shiny from Reddit! This time a female Eevee! I'll probably evolve her to Sylveon :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, anyone that needs it, I can look up your SV. Anyway, I found someone that has an awesome fire safari so I'm going to camp there for a while and try my luck. :3

For one, I am also really surprised at the level of maturity, too. Second of all, one can only hope. And, third of all, Smogon's guides really helped me get the chaining process, and, although I haven't gotten a Shiny chaining yet, I have gotten high chains.

Update: Half of an hour left you all! Hope we all had fun! I can say one thing: I surely did! I am thinking of doing one for the month of March or something, if all goes well.

Oh, and I won't have wi-fi connection over Thanksgiving (Wednesday through Sunday), due to my family all going back to the rest of the family, and no wi-fi spots there.

I think you might just be stuck with winning this one Blu Rose. Sorry. Unless my current batch of Charmander eggs produces anything useful, which is unlikely.

Hey ho. I tried everything apart from chain fishing (cos it wasn't allowed), I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. Wish we could make this a monthly event! How about doing something for Christmas? It's the shiniest time of year after all...

Thanks Blu Rose for organising this, and thanks to DemonOtaku for the TBT Bells. Not sure what to do with them, but it was nice to get them!

I know what to do for christmas!

Everyone donates a shiny of their choosing, then who ever collected the donations; gives them out randomly to everyone who donated![making sure not to give the person back the pokemon they donated; of course]

Kind of a Donate to win kind of thing! You donate a shiny[can be anything] and get a different one in return out of all the donated ones![would have to hope you don't get one you already have, of course; unless you don't mind the same one twice]

Well, I guess I won this competition...

Too bad!

Well, the competition has been over for an hour now, and I say I am happy to have won, but I am handing the kudos off to FireNinja1 to winning. Overall, I will pay him once I become a normal member. Anyways, the next one shall be a Christmas one (Thanks Dizzi!), and, if anyone's interested, please P.M. me for suggestions on rules, or if we should even have on the week of Christmas. Happy Hunting!

Edit: Jinjiro, the only problem being that someone would have to pipe up to be the one to randomly distributing the Shinies.

Last edited:
@Jinjiro
So basically like a Secret Santa sort of thing?
Yeah, that would be interesting. Would shinies that were obtained through SV Method be allowed?
But who would decide who trades with whom?

(And that avatar is so distracting. xD)

I just need to get this off my chest about SV.
I personally don't like it at all, it takes all the fun out of shiny hunting.
*There is no intention offend anyone with my opinion*

@DemonOtaku: Amen!

Anyways, we shouldn't allow Shinies of no apparent worth or Legendaries, unless if people were willing to part with them for the possibility of getting a bird, or rodent.

Well, I guess SV'd and Fishing Chained Pokemon are out of the question...

Isn't Pokebank suppose to be out this December?
I have a bunch of Shiny Shellos from Platinum. Would they work? I know they are cruddy looking shinies, but they are legit shinies.

Well, I would personally accept SV or fishing chained shinies: But, that is just me. Pok?Bank is supposed to be out in December, if I remember correctly. Shellos is completely legitimate Shiny: I do not see why not.

We could have a list of people that are okay with getting Fish Chained and SV Pokemon and another that aren't.

Just making sure on the Shellos.

Back