• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Keeping A Notebook While Playing New Leaf?

No no no they won't do an app, they just have the feature on their site.
I didn't know. I'll have to look. Thanks :)

No promises yet but I have actually been working on a project like that lately. (AC checklist app) We'll see what comes of it, definitely glad to see there is demand for such a thing.
AWESOME!

Making a list myself to print out, or using the guide book (I think they usually have check boxes?) would be easy enough, but I'd rather not schlep that stuff around.

I didn't know. I'll have to look. Thanks :)

AWESOME!

Making a list myself to print out, or using the guide book (I think they usually have check boxes?) would be easy enough, but I'd rather not schlep that stuff around.

Yeah, ACC does take a while develop things though.

I like the idea of that though, Justin, nice :D

I plan on having a note book to draw a picture of New Leaf every day i play, sort of like a journal-ish thing.

I have an app on my iPad that I can make separate notebooks in (Penultimate) then write out anything that I want in that notebook. I will probably do something like that for an AC notebook.

I won't keep a physical notebook for that. But I have various text files on my Mac that I make notes on for video games. I'll probably make one for AC. The biggest thing I want to do is there's a blog I follow that keeps track of turnip prices in their town everyday so they can figure out the best time to sell. I really need to do that. I never tried playing the stalk market in the other AC games because I never kept track, so didn't know the best time to sell.

I have an app on my iPad that I can make separate notebooks in (Penultimate) then write out anything that I want in that notebook. I will probably do something like that for an AC notebook.

Oh, I have that on my Nexus. It's "Writer" or something like that for me.

I'll probably just take pictures when I see an animal say something noteworthy or interesting, like many others I will be making an Animal Crossing: New Leaf tumblr that I can post them on.

I won't keep a physical notebook for that. But I have various text files on my Mac that I make notes on for video games. I'll probably make one for AC. The biggest thing I want to do is there's a blog I follow that keeps track of turnip prices in their town everyday so they can figure out the best time to sell. I really need to do that. I never tried playing the stalk market in the other AC games because I never kept track, so didn't know the best time to sell.

I really want to get into the stock market also since I too never utilized this feature in other AC games :) Smart thinking ;)

I also want to get into the stock market. I think I tried it out when Wild World was first released, but since then I haven't really bothered with it. But it'd be a fun way to earn bells in the new game!

I'll definitely be using Evernote to keep track of prices, clothing labels for Gracie (as in, if a shirt/dress/pants is considered traditional, formal, etc.), and anything else that doesn't require a picture. It syncs everything I type up on my mac to the app on my iPhone, so I'll always have my notes handy. :)

You know that really is a good idea.
Whenever the villager says something worth remembering you could either A) Spend time writing it down in a notebook B) Use your handy game notes on your 3DS (you can suspend your software and select it from the top menu then continue playing after you've written your note or C) take a screenshot and go through your pictures to get the information (favorite coffee, what they want for Christmas, etc.)

I did something sort of like keeping a notebook. I mailed letters to myself with different things. Will probably do the same thing for NL.

I'll probably keep a notebook handy, just to jot down anything quick that I want to remember. (Villagers preferences, who's planning on moving, etc.) Things that won't be interesting to anyone but that is important information for me. I also plan on keeping a Tumblr as a public photo journal. That way my memories are preserved but others can enjoy them as well. I've been doing this with my Tamagotchis for the past month and I'm enjoying it, so I figured why not start up a second log for AC:NL. :)

I will probs start taking notes this time mainly for things I have donated to the museum, it is SOOO annoying when you constantly have to check if you already donated something, and you need to sell it for money or whatever

Back