Status
Not open for further replies.
Zerous's event entry:
  • Zerous its been a wonderful 9 years large.png
    Zerous its been a wonderful 9 years large.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 934
Zerous its been a wonderful 9 years large.png

Oh gosh the image compression- 😭

If only I knew how much one small decision to join a random forum would impact my life. If I could have looked ahead as a kid to see myself now, surrounded by all the wonderful people I've met, with so many good memories and jokes I had collected over the years, I don't think I would have let myself believe there was a place like this online.

This forum has been with me for some of the most important years of my life. I've literally spent my whole teenage years on here, and now I'm a legal adult somehow?? I wanted to create a piece representing the journey I've been through in the form of lots of my fondest memories I've created while on here.

The picture shows me in the form of my self-OC reaching out to my past self, welcoming me to my bright future. I'm holding my silver star wand, the collectible I hunted for for over three years, only to win a version I like even more on Christmas day last year. I'm sitting on the edge of the town tree from new leaf, since that was the ac game I was playing when I joined the forums. In the dirt next to me is a lily of the valley/jacob's ladder, representing the collectible I love a lot. I managed to finally get one recently thanks to the very generous help of Roxxy <3 who I need to repay at some point. In that regard the lotv also represents all the wonderful people I've met through the forums, as it would be too difficult to include everyone in the drawing. There is also a turnip plant sign, representing the chaos that was the April fools event last year, and my personal favourite. I had so much fun laughing and being silly with everyone the whole day, I still smile looking back on it. 😊

In the tree hollow behind me is my favourite of the April fools eggs, representing my favourite egg hunt, as well as the hunts in general, which I look forward to every year. In the forground are butterflies styled after the infamous Princess Peach mirror.

Behind me is the ISC and Moon Bunny mascot flying around together. I was on moon bunnies, and I know there was some issues, but I had so much fun chatting and competing against the wonderful ISCs, and have fond memories of the art thread where everyone was making cute art of out representatives together, as well as the thread I created in my quarters about the various activities of the space whale. There is also a UFO controlled by Zipper (because he's such as icon, whom I love to include in various event entries over the years) abducting little space babies from the space camp last year! I had so much fun on that camp.

Thank you tbt, It's been a wonderful 9 years 💚

Town_Tree_NL_Artwork.png
silver star wand.png
lotv.png

reference arm.png
my actual hand
bonusmirror2017.png

alien-baby.png

zipper.jpg
mb isc z big hug.png

my own art from space camp
zera oc ref.png

my oc

easterEggJokeHappy.png

Dunquixote's event entry:
  • IMG_8154.jpeg
    IMG_8154.jpeg
    493.1 KB · Views: 307
IMG_8154.jpeg

One of my favorite memories on tbt is when I won some amiibo cards in 2015 with the 7-11 set saved to them for HHD. My entry was a house design that I did for Pudge. I love designing houses so much and I really wanted the 7-11 for HHD, so I was so happy that I won :D.

Another favorite memory was this thread in The Woods where we all lived on the same island. In the thread, there was numerous attempts to plant Tangy, which is what the Tangy tree represents. That year was really fun on TBT for me 🙂.

The background silhouette represents Camp Bell Tree 2021. That was one of my favorite events. I had a lot of fun with all the activities and the banter between cabins and my own cabin; I was with the Evergreens 🙂.

When one of my cats passed away in 2021 I think, @Aquilla did my request in draw the user above you of my late kitty. She drew her in a few different styles. It touched me so much and meant so much to me. Even though that time was one of the hardest here, I still consider that one of my best memories. Other friends here gave me some art too during some rough days before I took my long hiatus from here. It really means so much to me to have friends that were concerned then, during my hiatus and now.

Gastly and the purple balloon goes with the collectibles I drew. Another one of my happier memories here was when I received collectibles from my friends here. I cherish them all tremendously since none of my friends had to gift me anything. Some of them were gifted when I was really struggling and/or was on a hiatus from here.

Lucky represents a dear friend of mine. We had so much fun when she was still active here. We hung out in AC and goofed off a lot. Those were some of my happier days on here 🙂. Lucky was her favorite collectible and one of her favorite villagers. Now, whenever I see Lucky or the collectible, I’m reminded of her.

My inkling in the center, Redd and lil’ Judd all are references to tbtwc - both events. Both events were so much fun to me and are also among my best memories here. The first tbtwc I was limited to what I could participate in since I didn’t have most of the games. It still was fun doing cheers and watching the streams though 🙂. The most recent one, I had so much more fun since I had a couple of the games and I made some more friends around this time. It made me so happy that so many people cheered for me or told me good job even if we weren’t on the same team, and my team mates were kind to me even if I didn’t do great. I had so much fun especially with Splatoon, which is why I decided to draw my inkling. Playing splatoon with everyone here has been such a blast! :D

The egg basket represents the small group of friends that I’ve made during some events here. @Chibi.Hoshi offered to help me with salmon run and from there we got to chatting more. She,@Vhoop and @skarmoury got me back into Pokemon and they and @Aquilla all encouraged me to try shiny hunting during tbtwc.

The galaxy egg and goomba were also two highlights for me since I’ve thought they were collectibles that I’d never be able to get or afford to buy with tbt 😅.

Cursed zipper because it’s hard to forget any of those faces 😅; personally I think the cursed zipper is funny and it really makes being on tbt fun and livens chat and the mood up a lot 🙂.

Side note: Just to be clear, the splots represent ink and I picked red as the color to go with the aesthetic. Not promoting anything bad. Just wanted to try drawing the Jolly Redd’s winning the tbtwc Persona 5 style.

IMG_8151.jpeg

1723353891463.jpeg

IMG_8040.jpeg

IMG_8026.jpeg

IMG_8156.jpeg

1723353911032.jpeg

IMG_7703.jpeg

IMG_8027.jpeg

roseflower's event entry:
  • Popsicle.jpg
    Popsicle.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 36
My fondest TBT memory is the good times I spent with the Team Popsicle members! <3
Centered around the very best collectible - the Popsicle - and with our awesome leaders Miharu and Jacob, we've had a lot of fun, thank you all for the sweet memories! <3 Let's go Team Popsicle ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

(Art reference is of course the Popsicle collectible!)

Attachments

• Popsicle.jpg
    Popsicle.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 36
Giddy's event entry:
  • Screenshot 2024-08-11 16.16.05.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-11 16.16.05.png
    902.6 KB · Views: 299
Here's my entry! Sadly my digital idea wasn't going to work but this is pretty neat~

Screenshot 2024-08-11 16.16.05.png

Animal Crossing New Leaf is what I believe what lead me to this site, all those years ago.
I don't think I was as active as I am now, but I did find ways that I felt like I could help the community, and that was with Villager/RV cards and Item selling.

I found it recently, the thread I made in the New leaf villager exchange, and did my best to give everyone a chance to get their favourite villager. This was much easier at the time as I had another town with an old save file so I used that.

Another big thing I liked helping people with was with helping buy their items to sell for bells or TBT. It was a lot of fun honestly! I used to have this book, and everytime I had an order, I listed everything down and crossed it off afterwards. Don't have the book now since I used it till it was full of peoples orders. Felt like I had a lil shop or business!

And its sad, because I don't think thats something I can do in New Horizons. This for me was a big step doing it with New leaf which was a lot of fun, nostaglia and experience kinda business wise XD

skarmoury's event entry:
  • 1D429491-E4E6-4B47-8906-0DEA207BA4F9.png
    1D429491-E4E6-4B47-8906-0DEA207BA4F9.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 293
happy 20th anniversary, tbt.✨💫

1D429491-E4E6-4B47-8906-0DEA207BA4F9.png

A while back I was looking through my stash of old art pieces and came across my first ever TBT fair art back in 2016, when glow wands were first released. I was pretty new to TBT back then and that was my first fair. I had lots of fun and it solidified TBT for me as this cozy little corner of the internet. 💕 8 years later and I’m still here!

This art is a personal love letter to myself, for all the growth I’ve had as an artist, for all the fun times and friends I’ve made here, and for my favorite villagers back in the ACNL days: Hugh, Ruby, and Stitches.

All of us may be geographically apart, but we all look up at the same night sky. ✨ Thank you TBT for everything, and happy 20th anniversary.

Love, skarmoury.

755A5E87-9B5F-45E8-B0B3-AB5C9EE22271.jpeg

xlisapisa's event entry:
  • IMG_2092.jpeg
    IMG_2092.jpeg
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 300
IMG_2092.jpeg

winning any raffle on tbt in itself is honestly one of the best feelings, especially that boost of dopamine from seeing you won something. I’d imagine thats what winning the lottery would feel like LOL. anyways that’s why I chose winning the white feather ( I was going to paint the feather to make it look more white but I didn’t want to mess it up… soo just pretend it looks as good as the white feather collectible!!! ) during the 12 days of collectibles 2022 as my celebratory memory! I remember being at my sisters house for Christmas Eve sitting around her dining room table with my family and seeing the notification, I almost screamed lol but I was surprisingly able to control my emotions because they would have looked at me like I was crazy. Good times, thanks tbt!

My fondest TBT memory is the good times I spent with the Team Popsicle members! <3
Centered around the very best collectible - the Popsicle - and with our awesome leaders Miharu and Jacob, we've had a lot of fun, thank you all for the sweet memories! <3 Let's go Team Popsicle ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

(Art reference is of course the Popsicle collectible!)
Yessss!!! I was also in team
Popsicle!!!

Muna's event entry:
  • memo.png
    memo.png
    288.6 KB · Views: 271
memo.png

In 2017 lj4702 (now @lemoncrossing ) made an art giveaway which I happen to win. I received two drawings of my New Leaf character. Somehow this is one of my most special TBT memories, I'm not even sure why. Maybe because this was the first time I won something here, maybe because lemoncrossing was so nice to make that giveaway, maybe because I got two pictures instead of one... Probably all of it and something much more. Once every few months I remember that it happened and I feel warm inside. Thank you @lemoncrossing, I still appreciate it.

I didn't want to copy the original drawing so I made a little parody of old anime style or in kawaii style? I'm not sure how it's called.

Freya_Druid's event entry:
  • IMG_8655.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 27
My first shop on TBT
View attachment IMG_8655.jpeg

My first shop here on TBT, and the way I really got into trading with other users and single-handedly funding all of my town improvements, was centered around selling hybrid roses back during the height of the NL era. Of course the coveted blue rose was the focal point of many a trades, and I can never see them in game (regardless of which version of the game I’m playing) and not fondly think back on those early florist days.

Drawn in a combination of watercolor, colored pencil, and ink.

Tude's event entry:
  • 1000008965.jpg
    1000008965.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 286
1000008965.jpg

This is my entry! My favorite memory here so far is when @ZeldaCrossing64 made a thread looking for black roses. I delivered some in exchange for some black cosmos.

Turns out, not only did they bring me the black cosmos I needed, they brought me a 🤘metal🤘 t shirt like the one they wear! Seeing as we're both 80s Metallica fans, I was stoked. It was a very nice surprise!

This was really hard to choose, so I just decided to go by one of my first best memories...

Back when I joined, you had to WORK for a lump of coal :p it came in a rarely restocked, 499 bell gift, and I was determined to have one of each of the new christmas collectibles.

I did not have 499 bells nor restocking prowess so attempted to bargain, offering up everything I had of value in any video game with a tradeable economy, including my Mew pokemon.

In a flurry, in swooped Laudine (gudetama at the time) gifting me an orange present out of the blue!

I was floored, and kick started a series of many absolutely delightful memories here on tbt

IMG_6528.jpeg

Freya_Druid's event entry:
  • IMG_8655.jpeg
    IMG_8655.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 275
My first shop on TBT
IMG_8655.jpeg

My first shop here on TBT, and the way I really got into trading with other users and single-handedly funding all of my town improvements, was centered around selling hybrid roses back during the height of the NL era. Of course the coveted blue rose was the focal point of many a trades, and I can never see them in game (regardless of which version of the game I’m playing) and not fondly think back on those early florist days.

Drawn in a combination of watercolor, colored pencil, and ink.

(Re-uploaded due to technical issues.)

image.jpg
I stumbled across TBT months ago! I had clicked around and found forums from YEARS ago. So I had figured it was a “dead” unused website. Yesterday I was searching around for dodo codes and found this website again, But I thankfully came across the new forums 😁!!! I don’t have too many memories on the website yet… but I hope to make new friends and create new experiences for myself within acnh/ acnl. Thank You TBT!!! 🌳We

Last edited:
Coach's event entry:
  • 1723480719367.png
    1723480719367.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 255
1723480719367.png

(Reuploaded due to forgetting username tag in my memory drawing!... its in the bottom right now!)
Halloween 2014 is still a very fond memory to me, as it was my first full event after I started. It's a memory of the very old restocking methods, even a single green candy at a time popping up in the shop and everybody trying to pounce all at once! I was excited to log on after school every day. The collectibles discussion thread was always manic and I made a lot of good friends there, some of which I am happy to say are still around now! :) I am always sort of referencing the iconic spooky toothpaste whenever I can, so I had to include that, part of curing the curse of sorts that the dark candy brought that year. Also the infamous incident involving Zuko, a member with a mudkip profile picture... If you know, you know! So yeah, I decided on that memory to draw.

1723411149917.png
1723411181091.png
1723411192287.png
1723411205868.png
1723411212676.png
1723411219861.png

oak's event entry:
  • 1000000264.jpg
    1000000264.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 70
My favourite memory is when I won a white feather during the last 12 Days of Collectables event. I couldn't believe I won something so fancy.
1000000264.jpg

digimon's event entry:
  • magnificent-memories.png
    magnificent-memories.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 229

magnificent-memories.png

DM4RGOT.gif

kq4YY9A.gif
it makes me kinda teary thinking about it, but i never believed i'd ever have a chance to own an animated shooting star collectible. i have a soft spot for night sky collectibles, they're my absolute favourite! but i fell in love with the shooting star ever since i first saw it back during fair 2020. it still feels very surreal and almost like it's not real because i've spent so much time wishing i had one ;u; it's always felt like something that's so far away so i'm incredibly thankful and grateful to have this special collectible!

deana's event entry:
  • Magnificent Memories.png
    Magnificent Memories.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 203
Magnificent Memories.png

For my memory I tried to recreate one of my first TBT artworks from the 2021 Valentine's day event, but with an update! I've changed the setting a bit to more resemble my ACNL town from when @-Lumi- , @Saylor , and @digimon came over during the Farewell to New Leaf event to work on town initiatives together. Before I joined TBT I mostly only played Animal Crossing by myself but it's so nice to be able to play with others as well 🥹

dsc_0004-jpg.356682
I told them to do the pitfall in front of the heart 😅
20240320_195926-jpg.546739

1000003938-jpg.544755

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back