• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Collectibles and TBT's Valentine's Day 2021 Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
if yall can't figure out who to send a card to (like it doesn't matter who) feel free to address one to me, I love receiving and sending notes :)

also quick question for @Vrisnem, will the new purple feather be tradable?

Here's my card for TBT Staff! Apologies for my very bad handwriting!

(Fun game: Guess which Animal Crossing character I drew. LOL)

valentineisabelle_front.png
valentineisabelle_back.png

also I'm really sorry, I made edits to my post to fix the format (used the wrong code for the spoiler tag)... please let me know if that counted against me... :(

ok i just remembered my boyfriend had an account here (he doesn’t come on often but i’ll tell him to log on so he can see this lololol) @luix
i tried my best haha i made this on my phone so my handwriting is a little wonky,, i made him a handmade card yesterday so that’s why i didn’t write much in this one! 🙃
I LOVE YOU SYUB!!!!

Hi all! Apologies for being MIA. I got stood up yesterday and really wasn't in the mood to come online and look at Valentine's cards afterwards. On the upside at least my kitchen looks a little brighter with the flowers I bought for her. I'll get caught up on all your entries and questions this afternoon!

In the meantime, here's my card for someone. I tried to go for that minimalistic Tatty Teddy look but it just looks lazy. Oops. Anyway, here's a little shoutout to a person who brings so much light and positive energy to the TBT staff team and has also supported me so much on a personal level this past year. I love ewe @Mairmalade. 🐑

valentines-exterior.png

valentinesinterior.png

As a user brought up, the cards were required to be Animal Crossing themed so unfortunately a number of entries could not be accepted. I have tried to be as lenient as possible by accepting ones where a clear AC influence was evident. One entry that was previously accepted has also had its status changed, which is down to me mistaking the subjects for realistic versions of AC villagers and one of their later posts clarifying that this was not actually the case. Sorry for the mix up!

The following users may resubmit an entry that meets the theme of this event if they still wish to participate. Upon request I can grant each of you a 24hr extension after the deadline to make up for me not being online yesterday to inform you sooner.

I think that was everyone. If I haven't accepted your entry and you are not on this list please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Onto the questions:

@Vrisnem

Another question re: our own work!
How do fonts fall into this category?
I switched to doing something digital but I only have my mouse and trying to write with my mouse is just not gonna happen lmao.
Should we only stick with stuff like Tahoma, or can we use fonts that are completely free to use?
Or just stick to only handwritten? I can always print mine and write on it but thought that may look funny.
Thanks ^o^
Fonts are absolutely fine!

also forgot to comment on this originally but I love my rodney inclusion with the contest :D
First and last time I'll ever draw Rodney. 😂

i would address mine to a mod but i feel uncomfortable giving one to them since im a minor and i think most of the mods are already 18+ >_>
ahh its so hard to pick someone to make a card for since im not really close to anyone here but i really wanna participate lolol
Our team are indeed all over 18. But don't worry, we all understand that any addressed to us would be strictly platonic!

also quick question for @Vrisnem, will the new purple feather be tradable?
Yes, the Pavé Purple Feather will be tradable.

If I missed your question let me know!

Sorry to hear you got stood up @Vrisnem you definitely deserve better than that!

Love your card though! I’m sure Mar will love seeing it.

Also thanks for holding this event! I plan on hopefully finding sometime to make one myself before the deadline. Tough part will be deciding on who to make one for for sure.

As a user brought up, the cards were required to be Animal Crossing themed so unfortunately a number of entries could not be accepted. I have tried to be as lenient as possible by accepting ones where a clear AC influence was evident. One entry that was previously accepted has also had its status changed, which is down to me mistaking the subjects for realistic versions of AC villagers and one of their later posts clarifying that this was not actually the case. Sorry for the mix up!

The following users may resubmit an entry that meets the theme of this event if they still wish to participate. Upon request I can grant each of you a 24hr extension after the deadline to make up for me not being online yesterday to inform you sooner.
frick I don't have the energy or time to do another card ksdfksjdkfjskdjf

sucks cause I liked my card a lot too, kinda hoped it would get that rainbow feather. oh well 🙃
Post automatically merged:

I have one last question, does the card have to be addressed to one user or can it be a few?

Last edited:
hey @Vrisnem can we do like a 3 layer card instead of 2

idk how to explain ajjakshsha

i just mean usually there’s one paper folded in two but mine has too much on it so it didn’t fit so i used three pieces of square paper and stuck them together to make a big one is that fine 🥺

Sorry to hear you got stood up @Vrisnem you definitely deserve better than that!

Love your card though! I’m sure Mar will love seeing it.

Also thanks for holding this event! I plan on hopefully finding sometime to make one myself before the deadline. Tough part will be deciding on who to make one for for sure.
Thank you for the kind words!

frick I don't have the energy or time to do another card ksdfksjdkfjskdjf

sucks cause I liked my card a lot too, kinda hoped it would get that rainbow feather. oh well 🙃
Post automatically merged:

I have one last question, does the card have to be addressed to one user or can it be a few?
I liked it a lot too! Honestly, if I were you I would just put a layer of paper over the existing animals and draw some AC villagers in a similar style!

You can address it to multiple users if you would like.

hey @Vrisnem can we do like a 3 layer card instead of 2

idk how to explain ajjakshsha

i just mean usually there’s one paper folded in two but mine has too much on it so it didn’t fit so i used three pieces of square paper and stuck them together to make a big one is that fine 🥺
This is absolutely fine!

I liked it a lot too! Honestly, if I were you I would just put a layer of paper over the existing animals and draw some AC villagers in a similar style!

You can address it to multiple users if you would like.
ty for letting me know. I think I'll just leave the old card alone and make a new one. I've got a really cute new idea that incorporates multiple (active) friends. I'm currently working on the layout for the ard and I'll prob start working on it today or tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back