• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo Direct 6/18/24 at 7 AM PDT/10 AM EDT

Alolan_Apples

Old > New
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Another Nintendo Direct is around the corner. The presentation will play tomorrow morning, with 40 minutes of announcements.

I don’t know what’s going to be covered in the Nintendo Direct, but it has been confirmed that Nintendo will not mention the Nintendo Switch successor in tomorrow’s presentation.

What do you hope gets covered in tomorrow’s direct?

I’m already satisfied with what we got. But it’s been so long since anything Animal Crossing related has been announced. Whether it be a spinoff or a reboot of an old game I’ll be satisfied. (I doubt they’ll do Amiibo Festival 2, that gimmick has died out.)

I've been waiting for this!! I can't wait to see something! Maybe the Spy x Anya game? More Pokemon Legends Z-A?

Amiibo Festival 2 would certainly be hilarious. Ported directly from the Wii U would be even funnier

I’m already satisfied with what we got. But it’s been so long since anything Animal Crossing related has been announced. Whether it be a spinoff or a reboot of an old game I’ll be satisfied. (I doubt they’ll do Amiibo Festival 2, that gimmick has died out.)
Not to mention the figures just took up space on the shelves since no one really wanted them. I mean the only ones that were pretty popular are Isabelle and Digsby given that they are the only ones to have a rerelease, KK Slider, Kappt’n, Timmy and Tommy, and Tom Nook. Everyone else just sat there unsold for about three years straight and there were so many of them that Five Below had begun to stock the undesirable figures and they rarely stock anything officially licensed by Nintendo unless it is an accessory like a carrying case or game card holder.

the main thing I'm really holding out for is the switch successor, so any news we get in the meantime is just a fun surprise and i'm along for the ride

I'm not sure what games to expect. I wonder how much longer they will be producing new switch games. If they release another story of seasons, chances are I'll buy it. If Magical Melody got a remake I'd be pretty happy

if amiibo Festival 2's got even a thin sliver of a chance of happening, welp, next AC game's been pushed back a couple of years.

But no, don't really expect anything AC-related in this direct. If the successor gets announced before September then there's a chance for it then in the autumn direct, but that's ultimately dependent on when exactly in the Nintendo Successor's lifespan the next game happens (don't think it's going to happen in the second half of its lifespan because AC games never happen then).

Not entirely sure what's happening for the rest of this year, really. Hope there's something good! Desperately need to tackle my backlog, so even if I'm disappointed by tomorrow's direct I've still got OH GOD SO MANY GAMES, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF

bring on 3PM GMT tomorrow!

phonto.jpeg

I'm in the same boat of not knowing what to expect with a new console announcement coming next year, but I'll never stop asking and hoping for a new Tomodachi Life game. Even a port with some updates and new features (same-sex relationships finally...) would make me very happy.

I can't imagine anything big will be announced for the Switch tomorrow with a new console seemingly around the corner, but some teasers for what's to come game-wise for the next console would be awesome! But nonetheless, I'm very curious about tomorrow's direct.

You know what I want for this Direct? A new entry for Rhythm Heaven.

If I'm lucky, it could happen...

Metroid Prime? Pleek

I really don't even know what we could even get. Maybe something Donkey Kong since the poor guy hasn't had a new game since 2013. We could maybe get another Mario game akin to Mario Odyssey, but I feel like that would be better suited for the next system.

Maybe Tomadachi Life? They really didn't add much more to Miitopia so I can't see them making a new game.

I would imagine we might get news for the new system finally.

Oh there was that one Pokemon game they announced in the previous direct, but it was so vague in what it was showing. Maybe something on that.

But for games I would want Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Returns Again (This Time For Real) < That will be the title.

I hope they cover more about Pokémon Legends Z-A. Maybe a new Mario game, but that’s probably for the next console.

Also, it’s not a Nintendo game, but I wonder if they’ll say anything about the Sonic Generations remake.

Not to mention the figures just took up space on the shelves since no one really wanted them. I mean the only ones that were pretty popular are Isabelle and Digsby given that they are the only ones to have a rerelease, KK Slider, Kappt’n, Timmy and Tommy, and Tom Nook. Everyone else just sat there unsold for about three years straight and there were so many of them that Five Below had begun to stock the undesirable figures and they rarely stock anything officially licensed by Nintendo unless it is an accessory like a carrying case or game card holder.
Wow! amiibo Festival really is that unpopular. As I said years ago on GameFAQs, a Jar Jar Binks figurine would’ve sold better than any Animal Crossing amiibo. Though I said this back before the Welcome amiibo update came out (which was also at the time Jar Jar Binks was still the most hated fictional character).

Yeah, I don’t think Animal Crossing is going to get any new content (unless if Nintendo announces an ACNH 2.1 or 3.0, a new spinoff, or a remake of one of the older games). It’s been a tradition where there’s only one Animal Crossing game per console.

Wow! amiibo Festival really is that unpopular. As I said years ago on GameFAQs, a Jar Jar Binks figurine would’ve sold better than any Animal Crossing amiibo. Though I said this back before the Welcome amiibo update came out (which was also at the time Jar Jar Binks was still the most hated fictional character).

Yeah, I don’t think Animal Crossing is going to get any new content (unless if Nintendo announces an ACNH 2.1 or 3.0, a new spinoff, or a remake of one of the older games). It’s been a tradition where there’s only one Animal Crossing game per console.
I wouldn't be opposed to a update to NH, but I think that ship has sailed.

Back