• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo Direct Sept. 2021 Discussion Thread

~Kilza~

Staff
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Galaxy Cupcake
Rainbow Birthday Bouquet
Crown Trophy
Sinister Lantern
Galaxy Swirl
Golden Easter Egg
Special Snowflake
Enchanted Bloom
Golden Easter Egg
Ocean Pearl

This Direct was widely rumoured to be happening the past couple of weeks, and with news of the short-term confidentiality of a new Switch controller expiring on Friday, it looked inevitable we'd get it this week. Now whether or not that controller is shown during the Direct amongst everything else remains to be seen.

Before the Direct, do you have any hopes, expectations or predictions for this Direct?

Once the Direct is over, feel free to post about how you felt about it and any of the games that were shown.

(Side note: I've created this thread to split it off from the thread in the AC:NH forum to allow for any non-AC talk about the Direct)

Just bought my Switch for the first time, so I'm hoping for any new and cool games to come out.

That being said, anything cool has probably been announced everywhere, such as Shin Megami Tensei V, Pokémon Arceus/Diamond and Pearl remakes, all of which I've already pre-ordered. Still hoping there would be more games to add to that list though.

Games mainly launching this winter... So safe to say the silence on Splatoon 3 is going to remain. Oh well. I'm mostly looking forward to any additional Pokemon news personally. I also wish we would get a more concrete Rune Factory 5 release date as 2022 is really vague but I'll just have to wait I suppose.

I don’t think we will get any Pokémon news as game freak likes to share there own news maybe a update on stuff for animal crossing a new mario kart game would be cool

I hope that they give us more information about BoTW2. Its certainly a longshot. BoTW is my favourite Switch game so I'm very eager to see more footage.

just like with the last direct, i’m really hoping for some tomodachi life news lol. i’m doubtful that we’ll get it, but a girl can dream. 😅

I'm hoping for Splatoon 3 news, last Smash fighter, new Style Savvy game (maybe?), and new Mario Kart (also maybe?).

I would like to see some splatoon news even though it's mainly focused on games coming this winter. I'd also love to see some mario kart news but also kinda unlikely to happen. So I won't be waiting for anything, I don't wanna be disappointed yet again.

I'm less excited about this one than the two recent Directs. I feel like we already know most of what Nintendo is releasing between now and January and they will spend this time showcasing already announced games. Any first party surprises would be welcome, but I'm not expecting it.

I won't be watching since I usually find it a waste of time for myself but I'll definitely check out lists websites make to see if there's anything I care about. The only thing I'm interested in is Pokemon news and AC news.

I am not sure what I am hoping for, but at least some exciting news. I feel like we need more of that with these directs at the moment.
Perhaps the last figure to Smash. I kind of hoping they do a here's the last character and show it, but then at the last moment Waluigi just shows up as a bonus new fighter and finally makes it in game.

Not sure if I ever would play Waluigi but I do feel for him that he's not in the game.

looking forward to seeing the mario movie's trailer but i never thought chris pratt would be the voice actor for mario lmao

My thoughts:
Mario Party Superstars - Although I love the series, I'm not sure if I'll get it. I like how it is going to back to the game's roots and all. I usually play these game for a couple of hours and then that is it.
Hyrule Warriors - I did get the expansion, but I'll definitely try out.
Smash Bros Final Fighter - I did thought it was funny how everyone thought it was going to be revealed here and Nintendo was like Nope, come back later :)
ACNH - BREWSTER! AND DIRECT. (Enough said)
Metroid Dread - I am getting this so I am excited to finally try out this series.
N64 - I am definitely interested in this if more N64 games comes out that I am interested in. Definitely thought it was interesting how it is under a separate membership..
Mario Movie - Exciting, but Daisy better be in the movie. How can they have the movie without her?
Splatoon 3 - SO EXCITED for it's returns, and Mammalians? Definitely need more information on this.
Bayonetta 3 - OMG, FINALLY. I have been interested but I'll definitely need more information and gameplay before considering getting it.
Also, who was that last character at the end? 👀

It was an okay direct. The Kirby game looks pretty interesting. Disappointed they ended up putting Brewster's in the Museum. Would have much preferred him to have his own building like in New Leaf. Splatoon 3 kind of looks like more of the same with a few twists here and there. Not a whole lot else really stuck out to me.

Back