• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

nintendo has (finally) confirmed that there is new acnh content in the works!

Xara

💫
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Blue Feather
Cyan Heart Glow Wand
Galaxy Cupcake
Purple Flower Glow Wand
Pavé Pink Feather
Pavé Purple Feather
Blue Star Fragment
Night Sky Scenery
Purple Star Fragment
Blue Feather
i know that quite a few of us myself included were left disappointed when e3 came and went without any animal crossing news. however, while this might not seem like much, doug bowser (the president of nintendo america) has recently confirmed in an interview that there is, in fact, new acnh content in the works atm. no further details were provided but since this gave me some much needed hope for this game’s future, i figured i’d share to maybe give you guys some hope as well 😅. i’m still not sure what there is to come — maybe 2.0, maybe not. regardless, all i wanted was for nintendo to say something. anything. our community has been without news for so long and that is what made me anxious the most. i know this won’t relieve everyone nor will it make up for the months of silence and nintendo’s other errors, but i’m just glad to know that this game hasn’t been abandoned and that there is more to come.

Last edited:
God I hope they add mini games to play with friends, there's so little to do in multiplayer
This is the one real thing I care about us getting.
I dont think we will but its the one main thing the game misses.
We have lots to get on with when playing alone but there is zero reason to play with friends outside of trading. You go to their island and... that's it. There is nothing to do that you can't do on your own island. And nothing that is made better from having friends over.

Personally I'm hoping for the return of features from older games that added small bits of daily game play (Brewster, Katrina) in addition to more in depth gameplay. Some days I only want to play for 30 minutes and do my daily tasks, and having a fortune told and some coffee would be a great addition for that. But, on the days that I want to play longer, I agree we are lacking those. I hope we get the return of multiplayer mini games and well as some new solo game features.

I think NH has a good foundation, but it is a bit barren currently past the decorating and crafting. I am cautiously optimistic about things to come. Here's hoping the updates they're talking about aren't just unlocking the holidays each year with a couple new items. I'd really love to see new gameplay features, both in depth and simple.

however, while this might not seem like much, doug bowser (the president of nintendo america) has recently confirmed in an interview that there is, in fact, new acnh content in the works atm. no further details were provided but since finding out about this gave me some much-needed hope for this game’s future
Why there was ever any doubt about this I'll never understand. But if it calms everyone down, its good to hear, I guess.🤷‍♀️

Why there was ever any doubt about this I'll never understand. But if it calms everyone down, its good to hear, I guess.🤷‍♀️
I think the doubt came from people thinking there might only be holiday updates from here on out as thats all we’ve been getting. Doug specifically said something about new ‘activities’ or something along those lines which is a pretty new thing to hear !

I think the doubt came from people thinking there might only be holiday updates from here on out as thats all we’ve been getting. Doug specifically said something about new ‘activities’ or something along those lines which is a pretty new thing to hear !
True. Different folks, different perspectives, so I can sympathize, but I mean...it was obvious.

Basically thats them saying "Hey we heard you, so we are still working on the updates so it will come soon" I don't know how "Soon" it will be considering that how long its taken them to respond, but at least they aware of it. Better late than never I guess.

It really is appreciated that they did say we would get more content. I’m curious what it could mean. Will it be something big like tortimers island or still some small updates just adding more items to existing events. Not going to get my hopes up until we learn more about what content we might get.

He was very vague, so I hope he's not just telling us what we want to hear. It would be nice to have something truly new added and not a holiday.
This is just PR talk, meaning that its a way to tell everyone that they are working on it and they just want to clear the air for anyone who was thinking that they didn't care. Its a Cliché thing that companies do.

Yeah a discord I follow showed this mention. The part about 'fun activities' makes me wonder if it implies updates to multiplayer. Not that I'm holding my breath on anything, but hearing them even mention it is good news in my opinion.

I learned not to assume anything. Smash Ultimate is a disaster compared to Smash4's online mode. They changed so much that shouldn't had been done and even though fans asked for QoL fixes and patches to the awful online system they have in place, they've just left it as it is. Now hardly anyone plays randomly online and goes for arenas with friends. (Which is still not as good as Smash4's friend arenas.)

I mean, that's great, but it just confirms what we already knew. Nintendo promised AT LEAST two years of content updates, and it's been just over a year. I mean, sure, I had been hoping for an update at E3- but I certainly wasn't getting my hopes up for it because it was never guaranteed. Nintendo has a ton of games, not all of them are going to be discussed at E3.

Though I will admit the mention of new "content and activities" has me excited- that definitely sounds like more then just seasonal updates. But I'm not going to get too excited until we have dates and details for what's coming. That's not to say I doubt it's coming, I'm sure it will. But we just have to be patient. And as we saw with E3, the quickest way to get disappointed is to make assumptions.
Post automatically merged:

This is just PR talk, meaning that its a way to tell everyone that they are working on it and they just want to clear the air for anyone who was thinking that they didn't care. Its a Cliché thing that companies do.
I mean, I've heard of companies and bosses making clear and direct promises of content.
Then discovering they can't deliver on their grand ideas.
And then fans get EVEN ANGRIER then they are with vague promises.

So, yah. I'd rather have vague promises then them getting my hopes up with specific promises and not delivering.
I learned not to assume anything. Smash Ultimate is a disaster compared to Smash4's online mode. They changed so much that shouldn't had been done and even though fans asked for QoL fixes and patches to the awful online system they have in place, they've just left it as it is. Now hardly anyone plays randomly online and goes for arenas with friends. (Which is still not as good as Smash4's friend arenas.)
Like I said, I'm not assuming anything either. But I'm willing to believe promises, like updates. What's in the updates will be anyone's guess- but there WILL be updates.
I don't play Smash Ultimate much (I'm just not very good), but did they directly promise any of things you were hoping for?

I will confess something because this is how I really feel and why I lashed out on this thread. I know its just that its been over 3 months since we had a major update the last one we had was back in March with the Mario update and Sanrio Update and that was the last time we saw a trailer. Thats why I was getting fed up of seeing seasonal items only and just small updates to existing events. It was starting to get on my nerves. Everyday I kept on telling myself "I swear they better not give us more seasonal updates" and then they just kept doing it.

I come to realize that this is what they will do every month. Someone was saying that they could sneak a QOL update which is something that they don't mention but other players noticed. I noticed that after the Sanrio update they did give us 50 additional extras slots for designs and added new features to the dream suite to make it easier. That is what I was hoping with other updates these past 3 months but so far we never got that which is why I got so angry and disappointed and the reason why it finally made me snapped when Nintendo failed to say anything about AC at E3.

But now I learned something. Its best not to get your hopes up otherwise will be disappointing. I did too much of that and come to think of it I was just letting myself down more than anything and just made me look so outlandish for what I said. So for now on I am just going to go by whatever Nintendo wants to put in this game. Weather the update is good or bad I will still experience it. If its something that I'm interested in then thats great, but if not I will avoid it and just play something else. I held back this frustration for a long time so thats why it reached the boiling point.

Back