• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Oldest AC gamer on the forum?

I love that we have so many older people on The Bell Tree. I think we hold our reputation as one of the more mature Animal Crossing communities!

Well, I might be the oldest! Hmmmm! I'm 66! I've been playing Animal Crossing since 2001! Before that Atari! :)

That's great! I'm 29 and have seen so many people who used to play video games stop doing so once they got married or had kids or just because they thought they needed to to be considered "adult". The over 50 gamers seem even rarer still.

YAY!! I am turning 65 in June, and thought surely there would be nobody else in their 60's. Right now is a great time in my life for playing AC, because I am retired and have more time.

Time is about all I have plenty of! Your not alone out there! Keep playing on! ;[)

I'm 17 turning 18 in only 3 months.

That just proves that games are not only for kids but can be for anyone that chooses to play games depending on the game.

One of my wifi friends for Wild World was a grandmother who played with her daughter that lived in another state.

....I didn't even know people past forty were on the internet ouo;;; Shows how sheltered I am xD But then again I hang around the forum roleplaying crowds and sites.... Anyway! I'm 23~ Just turned this year on January 23rd (90's baby wooo!) I suddenly don't feel old anymore xD Amazing to see the elderly play videogames and I wish I could get my 64 year old mom to play AC =u= But alas... That's not possible >: She's not a gamer...

I resent being called elderly 0_o

Anyway I am 47 year old mum and an avid gamer, met my OH playing MMO's and we still play together :)

Just remember, I was a kid when pong came out so my generation are the original videogamers.....

anyway, nice to know there are a few others out there.

Oh thats awesome, I'm 21 and I always thought that age doesn't matter to play games, we can enjoy them anytime :)

I'm 20 =]
I'm glad there is an older community here, I was actually concerned I was one of the oldest ones and most were early teenagers xD.
I've been playing AC for 10 years, since I was just 10 years old ^^

I'm 21, and loving the diversity in this thread. My Grandparents (65/66) have a wii, and after reading this I might lend them City Folk and see what they think. Never thought of it before.

When I was trading in my 3DS for the XL at Gamestop, an elderly woman and her nurse walks in, and she's looking for a guide to Gears of War 3. Then she starts talking to me about how much I made for what I traded in, and that she does the same with the games she doesn't play anymore. I knew older folks played games like puzzle games, and Wii bowling, but this lady and her freakin' Gears of War, lol. Made my day.

Tetris. That is all.

But yea, it's great to see older gamers, too! My mom is in her 40's and she played the life out of a PS2 (seriously, it died)

Back