• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

people who consistently misspell and/or mispronounce (any of) my name(s), especially on purpose, which happens every single day;
people being way too optimistic to the point where it literally sickens me;
people who are consistently being annoying to me but deny this whenever I tell them to stop;
yes people cant pronounce my real first name and i really need to change it ughh

also yeah i hate that denial **** people pull every single time... and also when they just say "im kidding" or "you should be able to take that" ... how about no

and yeah super optimists are really annoying especially if they are rich entitled people that has a lot of contacts etc one gets the point

Also when people wear band shirts because it's cool but they probably don't know the band or just heard 1 song lol

SDLKFJSDF I have a lot and it's mostly related to sound. I think I have misophonia. I hate the sound of loud swallowing, the sound of drinking, the sound of chewing or crunching on something, the sound of wrappers crinkling. Also the sound of water dripping or splashing? Like huge deep splashes are okay and are actually rather soothing (like waves and whatnot). But that small little splash sound makes me angry. All of these sounds just cause irritation for me and idk why lol! But they do.

In terms of other non-sound related pet peeves, I hate pretty much every single driver on my commute to work 🙃 they are so aggressive and terrifying to drive around.

I realized I missed one when I last posted, so here it is:

On swimsuits, people seem to think a bigger cup size means that the whole top has to be bigger. It's absolutely ridiculous, because I can never find a swim top that fits correctly. My chest is big, but my torso most certainly isn't the same; "large" fits the torso but is too tight in the chest, and "x-large" would fit the chest if it wasn't busy falling off. Big chest doesn't mean big body, and it drives me insane... I refuse to wear a bikini, which only seems to make it harder to find something, and I do not want my body on display like a hunk of meat 😡
Sometimes, I hate swimming season.

I realized I missed one when I last posted, so here it is:

On swimsuits, people seem to think a bigger cup size means that the whole top has to be bigger. It's absolutely ridiculous, because I can never find a swim top that fits correctly. My chest is big, but my torso most certainly isn't the same; "large" fits the torso but is too tight in the chest, and "x-large" would fit the chest if it wasn't busy falling off. Big chest doesn't mean big body, and it drives me insane... I refuse to wear a bikini, which only seems to make it harder to find something, and I do not want my body on display like a hunk of meat 😡
Sometimes, I hate swimming season.
Swimsuits (and women's clothing in general) must be designed by men. There's no other reason why the fits are so messed up. No woman would be like "oh, let's make this dress without a built in bra see-through so that when a woman wears a bra with it, it's displayed to the world!"

Like what were they thinking.

Swimsuits (and women's clothing in general) must be designed by men. There's no other reason why the fits are so messed up. No woman would be like "oh, let's make this dress without a built in bra see-through so that when a woman wears a bra with it, it's displayed to the world!"

Like what were they thinking.
Ugh yea I hate see-through/transparent shirts or just badly made white shirts and stuff, like how about cover the boob area properly so you don't have to wear stuff underneath ugh

I just saw an article on some woman found strangled to death by dog leashes. Someone in the comment said, "Well, it is 2020." I don't know how that relates to the story, but I hate when people use a phrase like that, as if years have a purpose for something to happen. For example, why wait for the year 2021 for something to happen when it could have happened any year?

People who don't like making plans, or appointments. Like the ones who "just wanna hop by" your house, or when you want to do something together they're like "this weekend maybe" but don't want you to specify a day, or a time or even what you're gonna do. Like I end up sitting around the whole weekend being ready and postponing other stuff because I just can't do stuff if I know that I might have to put it down now because that someone decides to show up NOW. I get so stressed by this, and those people get stressed by making plans beforehand. It makes it so difficult to enjoy time together. And now with corona I just end up not talking to them at all because I only come on skype when I have something to do there and they don't wanna be like "let's talk on skype on this day around this time". Which is also on skype itself - another pet peeve haha - because it doesn't show me any notifications when I have it on in the background somehow even though I tried to mess with all settings I could think of so I don't bother to have it running.

People who don't like making plans, or appointments. Like the ones who "just wanna hop by" your house, or when you want to do something together they're like "this weekend maybe" but don't want you to specify a day, or a time or even what you're gonna do. Like I end up sitting around the whole weekend being ready and postponing other stuff because I just can't do stuff if I know that I might have to put it down now because that someone decides to show up NOW. I get so stressed by this, and those people get stressed by making plans beforehand. It makes it so difficult to enjoy time together. And now with corona I just end up not talking to them at all because I only come on skype when I have something to do there and they don't wanna be like "let's talk on skype on this day around this time". Which is also on skype itself - another pet peeve haha - because it doesn't show me any notifications when I have it on in the background somehow even though I tried to mess with all settings I could think of so I don't bother to have it running.
This would give me anxiety worrying about looking/being presentable if friends just randomly dropped by my house unannounced.

This would give me anxiety worrying about looking/being presentable if friends just randomly dropped by my house unannounced.
I luckily don't care that much about how I look, so that's less of a worry, but it's weird because the friends that do this do care a lot about how they look! So I wonder if they would be bothered if I came by their place unannounced :unsure:

This reminded me. I have a hatred for people who do give you a time when they wanna do something (like stop by or whatever), but instead of giving you a proper time they say "during the day" "in the afternoon" "in the morning". It cannot be that hard to just give me the exact time. Everyone has such wildly different ideas on what counts as afternoon or during the day. When you say afternoon do you mean like 1 pm? 4 pm? 6 pm? Heck, even as early as 12 pm?​

Last edited:

This reminded me. I have a hatred for people who do give you a time when they wanna do something (like stop by or whatever), but instead of giving you a proper time they say "during the day" "in the afternoon" "in the morning". It cannot be that hard to just give me the exact time. Everyone has such wildly different ideas on what counts as afternoon or during the day. When you say afternoon do you mean like 1 pm? 4 pm? 6 pm? Heck, even as early as 12 pm?​
Yes so much. like.. just say, let's meet at that café at 4 pm or whatever i honestly don't get why some people cant get that **** outta their mouth

People who bail last minute for events. Unless your family member is in the hospital or you have work, then wtf? Don't say you can make it to something if you decide you no longer want to later. If you don't want to go, say it to begin with. Don't lead me on.

People who bail last minute for events. Unless your family member is in the hospital or you have work, then wtf? Don't say you can make it to something if you decide you no longer want to later. If you don't want to go, say it to begin with. Don't lead me on.
sounds like my ex lol... also i love when people come up with something "lol i gotta help my dad clean" like last minute uh no you did not.

sounds like my ex lol... also i love when people come up with something "lol i gotta help my dad clean" like last minute uh no you did not.
Pulling a white lie is far worse than just being honest from the beginning that you don't want to come. Nobody is falling for your crappy lie.

Pulling a white lie is far worse than just being honest from the beginning that you don't want to come. Nobody is falling for your crappy lie.
Yeah exactly also the fact if someone has to help clean every weekend.. something is wrong with that family..

Back