• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

Repetitive noises.

I can't stand the sound of my fan at night, somehow in the day it's fine??? so I need earplugs to sleep
Secondly, earplugs that fall out of my ear whilst I sleep and toss and turn

Loud gum chewing, I mean come on is it that hard to be conscious of it sometimes?

Feet dragging absolutely, like when the person walking doesn't pick their feet up high enough to the heel hits the floor every step of the way. Come on now, that's just childish sometimes.

People having conversations with me when I clearly have headphones on. That's annoying as heck.

Slow walking people. If I ever walk slow, it's because people in front of ME are walking slow. So don't get irritated with me when I'm already passed the level of irate.

People who are late. I had a coworker once that offered to pick me up each shift we worked together, really nice so I didn't need my dad to drive me every morning since he was already at work, and the shift started at 8:30. She was close enough that she'd be at my house in just a few minutes. The crappy part was almost every single damn time she slept in until about 8:15-8:20 and yes work was 10 minutes away. Doesn't mean I want to be there at exactly 8:30 every day or even a few minutes late.
I'd be texting her in the morning asking if she was awake and all these things and once she asked me why I was so insistent on getting up so early and leaving so early for bed. So I don't get fired maybe for something that isn't my fault perhaps?
Honestly, once it was 8:24 on a Saturday so luckily my dad was home to take me, and I was texting and texting her, she finally responds to say "I'll be there in a few minutes, we'll be a few minutes late if that's okay." No Kaylee, it's not, I don't like being late for a job. She ended up being like 15 minutes late so not my problem.

Smoking. Sorry not sorry, I hate the smell, you do it near me, I will be feet away from you while we have a conversation. I don't need to smell like you.

People who walk into a room and stand right in front of the door and talk to their friends. Friends notice and don't tell the guy to move the heck out of the way for people to sit down for class.

Walking with people in a line and you are the one that gets pushed back behind them all. Sometimes even while you're the one telling the story. Just learned to walk behind everyone anyway.

Misspelling my name. My name is not that hard to spell at all. Last name is 6 letters, normally people I guess see the "e" in my last name and think of the more popular version with an "o". So basically my "e" is always replaced with an "o" and no one ever asks how to spell it. And when I spell it out, almost every time they realize and have to scribble it out. I have countless pieces of paper BY AUTHORITY FIGURES WITH MY NAME LEGALLY IN A SYSTEM ON THE SCREEN that have my last name spelled wrong. I will literally spell it out for you each time if it means being able to physically and legally get something. My boss has even spelled my last name wrong so many times I'm worried I might not get something serious or important because of that one letter mistake.

Talking over me in the middle of my sentence.

"I'm sorry you feel that way"

"I don't see color" just stop

"Go back to your country" person lives three blocks away from the Verizon store you're in Karen.

Karen's.

Chad's.

Karen's.

Just Karen's. thank you.

Sitting on your phone when I'm literally on a date with you that you asked me to go on

People who don't blind carbon copy people in an email chain.

Abbreviated works constantly used and I don't speak code. wbu, hbu, wym, wtm, s/u, I know them now because I needed to ask people around me is my friend having a stroke or what

People who don't open my snap for weeks because they "don't have time," or "too busy," if you're on instagram constantly, you have the time to open it, and leave me on read. Precisely why I ended many snap streaks and stopped talking to people since I clearly wasn't worth their time
Post automatically merged:

Lol my god my list is long xD I promise I'm a chill person, that may not be believable, but that's quite tame compared to other examples

• People who talk loudly in silent study locations/the quiet zone on public transit
  • People who only reach out to you when they want something from you
  • Groups of people who take up the entire sidewalk, especially when they're all slow walkers
  • People who are disrespectful to workers in the service industry
  • Audience members who sing during a musical theater production... I paid for good seats to listen to the cast perform
  • When people claim they "didn't study much" and get 95%+ on a test/exam (this one is out of spite and jealously though XD)

I've got a few more lol

-When the fork/spoon scratches the plate/bowl
-Tall people using me as an armrest
-People who are 1+ inches taller than me calling me short
-Biting my tongue
-Hang nails
-Random scratches/bruises

when someone corrects you and think that they’re “correcting“ you and “trying to help” you but proceeds to nitpick at every little thing you did wrong and said that you’re embarrassing them

-People who can't write and spell correctly, I know French is a tricky language and I'd never blame a non native speaker for their mistakes, but why are so many French people, native speakers, who learned French at school since first grade, UNABLE to write their own language correctly omg, it pisses me off so much. Sometimes the grammar and the spelling are so off that it's not even understandable. In the restaurant where I work if, I don't check after my colleagues there are misspells on the menu every single day, VERY PROFESSIONAL. I know people hate to be corrected but come one please do something, take classes, read more books, go back to school, check on the internet if you're unsure but please, I beg you, stop massacreing your own native language.
That and people who say "cardamone" instead of "cardamome" (/cardamom in English).

-And cyclists, nobody likes cyclists apart from themselves, I'm not talking about those riding mountain bikes and actually using their bike as a means of transportation to go from place A to place B and who are usually courteous on the road, no I'm talking about those who DO SPORTS ON THE ROAD, you know like where people drive cars. I dunno ballet dancers don't go dance on the asphalt why would you ride your bike right in the middle of the road, never respecting the road safety rules, and never going on the side of the road even when there are like 30 cars behind you waiting to go to work because your bike is so fragile it cannot go on anything that is not 100% flat and you do not want to interrupt your sports performance nobody cares about.
And it's even worse when there are several of them like they can't form a line no, they have to ride as a peloton. I'm sorry cyclists, nobody likes you, you put people in danger, you put yourselves in danger, please go practice your sport somewhere else.

Sorry, these are two things that really drive me mad haha.

-And cyclists, nobody likes cyclists apart from themselves, I'm not talking about those riding mountain bikes and actually using their bike as a means of transportation to go from place A to place B and who are usually courteous on the road, no I'm talking about those who DO SPORTS ON THE ROAD, you know like where people drive cars. I dunno ballet dancers don't go dance on the asphalt why would you ride your bike right in the middle of the road, never respecting the road safety rules, and never going on the side of the road even when there are like 30 cars behind you waiting to go to work because your bike is so fragile it cannot go on anything that is not 100% flat and you do not want to interrupt your sports performance nobody cares about.
And it's even worse when there are several of them like they can't form a line no, they have to ride as a peloton. I'm sorry cyclists, nobody likes you, you put people in danger, you put yourselves in danger, please go practice your sport somewhere else.

Sorry, these are two things that really drive me mad haha.

Just wanted to say I can kind of relate on that second one. From where I am in the US, there have been several times where there were a bunch of cyclists taking up the road when there was a sidewalk right nearby and it was SO annoying. They were holding up the cars behind them as well. I haven’t seen it that often to be honest, but when it does happen it’s like, “Could you please do that somewhere else?”

- the mis-use or overuse of words like 'PSA'
- sounds that disrupt peace / sounds that i don't know where they're coming from (+ repetitive noises)
- cliche / predictable plots; i really just want something else other than 'love at first sight'
- people not listening when i'm trying to say something (especially something important)
- people treating me younger than i seem, when they're only 1 - 2 years older than me (i'm 18)
- traffic: all the honking, people yelling, big no (worse on hot days)
- sweaty people: i don't like the smell of them when i'm near them
- smoking, i think it's pretty self explanatory; it's not healthy, i don't like the smell
- quirky people, i just cringe ://
- cereal before milk, i do not like soggy cereal, sorry

One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing cars with stickers stuck all over the inside of the backseat windows. it looks sooo tacky but not only that, you can’t even see what the stickers are from outside!! At least let me see the dang stickers if you’re gonna let your kid defile your car like that smh

"young boys will be young boys" and people who legit use that an excuse. Like I get your brain ain't done til you're 25 but learn to take responsibility and don't be a flaky person nor act like 5 years man.
Post automatically merged:

when someone corrects you and think that they’re “correcting“ you and “trying to help” you but proceeds to nitpick at every little thing you did wrong and said that you’re embarrassing them
This or they nitpick on your words of choice just because you're not as verbally "evolved" ... sheesh.

When people borrow and use tools and never put the tools back where they originally were :confused:

It's really not that hard to place something back where it belongs, especially if you are using someone else's tools, basic common decency. Anyways, I tend to just tolerate and put the tools back by myself but still a little annoyed by it when it happens :LOL:

Loud breathing

I know some people have breathing problems but THE SOUND UGH, it bothers me so much, I can’t stand it

People staring at you while you’re doing something

I hate when I’m doing something and someone comes and stares at me... without saying anything... just staring... doing nothing... LIKE IT’D BE HELPFUL IF YOU DID SOMETHING ELSE

Hyperactive people

I don’t have anything against them but it gets really annoying when someone keeps touching your things and moving constantly.

Small kids

They’re just ew.

People who try to get you to ask “what happened” (idk is that makes any sense)

People who feel superior because they’re 2 years older than you.

Here's one that has become quite prevalent for me. When people say, "That's not new," after you've expressed something you thought was interesting or unique. It may not be new to you, but it may be new to someone else. Stop trying to speak on someone else's behalf.

Guys who don’t take “no” for an answer. There can be a million reasons why someone doesn’t want to give you their phone number and may not have anything to do with you personally. I don’t need to fill out a survey just because I told you I wasn’t interested.

I have a couple of potentially weird ones to add, although I agree with many of the noise related pet peeves others have mentioned (loud chewing makes me want to punch something...)

- Ripping fabric: I have no idea why, but the sound of ripping fabric makes my skin crawl. I know it’s not a common one to encounter regularly, but if I’m near someone tearing up old clothes for rags, or watching professional fashion shows, I often need to take a short breather after lots of ripping.

- Encores at music and theatre productions: hear me out. I am fully on board with audience members clapping and calling out for an encore when the performance was amazing, and I love hearing unplanned pieces when the occasion calls for one. But so many groups now have “planned encores”, which are like a bonus piece the audience hasn’t necessarily asked for, and can’t opt out of even if the rest of the performance was just okay. I absolutely detest these. And this comes from my perspective as a musician as well. I’ve played many community concerts where I can see the audience is itching to leave asap, and then we throw an extra piece at them after a short round of applause. They look so confused; half of them already have their jackets on and now have to awkwardly sit back down. I feel so embarrassed. Just... no 😣

I have another two. One is when you go expose yourself once in a blue moon to your friends and family and then they proceed to criticize you or your habits. Like, why did I even bother to see you if you’re just going to do that?

Another is when your friend/family member is trying to cater to your interests too hard to the point that everything that they seem to talk about are your “weird” interests and it just feels forced and I feel like an outsider.

This sounds weird but I cringe when tbt (currency) is typed as tbts, I don't know why but it just sounds weird

I typed it out once before and nonono

when you ask your co worker to help you ring out customers, and they stand right there in their own little bubble until you've called for them 3 times and then they come to help when theres only 2 people left in line...

When people on other sites take a username you were going to use and their page is literally empty 😤 wat is the POINT
Yeah or they are 10 year inactive/newbies who never comes on, I think most sites need a better clearing system. I mean they can always come back on if they wanna keep it.

Rude people in customer service. I mean, if you can't do the job then don't do it at all.

I was in the post office the other day and the lady behind the counter completely ignored me and I know this as she acknowledged me the minute I stepped in through that door. It felt awkward saying hi and not getting any welcome back, I even smiled at her and she just looked at me blankly and gave me the eye roll. She probably didn't want to work and I understand that especially through these tough times, but her job is to provide customer service, so the least she could do was put a smile on her face.

Back