• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

2 things, my dad ALWAYS forgets to close the sliding door of our house. Another thing, l really hate the sound and feeling of a broken none lead pencil rubbing against a hard surface.

When a friend ghosts you and leaves you on read 5+ times and they don’t respond to your questions at all so now what is left in the chat is a long line of blue messages that says read like three days ago. I get that people have things going on in their lives, but there’s also a line to be crossed if someone goes out of there way to contact the other and there has been no input whatsoever, the other ends up having their time wasted.

I really hate it when people pry too much into my business.

The #1 way people do that is my eating habits. I'm extremely picky, and also at work I would always eat the same thing for lunch - whether that was Easy Mac or cereal. People made such a big deal about me always eating Easy Mac. So much so, that when we had a remodel, I even had the remodel crew commenting on it. JFC. It's none of your business, and why it does matter anyway?!

And the cereal. That, too. I ate cereal for a time because it was simple, didn't require using the nasty microwaves. But, I eat cereal dry. 1. Because I like it that way. 2. Because I'm allergic to milk. I had coworkers that could not accept this, to the point where they would come to the break room table and start talking about milk alternatives. While it might seem innocuous, it happened too often and the same people repeated it over and over again. I LIKE MY CEREAL DRY. Get over it.

There were also people who did this with restroom habits. I was not going to have any of that, so I used the private restroom exclusively. I'm sure that got talked about, but it's better than sitting in a break room and having people talk about "OMG, she was really sick" (in a mocking way) or even worse, one time a coworker talked about going in the bathroom and some poor coworker had a stomachache and this coworker said she waited outside the stalls at the sink so she could see who it was, and then mentioned who it was! I can't even with that. You never saw me in the bathroom ever again after that.

I've only had a job at one place. Please tell me people are better at other jobs.

I'm also a fussy eater, so I can understand the frustration when it comes to other people's needless comments. Back in uni, we also had a communal microwave (and shared kitchen) in the shared housing I was living in and both were always left in such a state which easily put me off cooking or even eating at all. In the end, I got fed up and just avoided the kitchen altogether which raised assumptions and judgements by other people living in the house even after making it very clear from my account that I just couldn't tolerate the mess of the kitchen anymore.

All I can say is, eat whatever you like. I quite prefer dry cereal myself because it's not very appetising when all soggy.

I remember very well in college, I would have the same crisp sandwich every single day for lunch and I always either got judged or questioned for it at the dining area. Why should I have to justify myself to other people? The reason I ate the same lunch everyday was because I liked it and nothing else. I can't be bothered to explain myself to other people anyway, but it does get on my nerves because it feels constant when I'm eating around others. This reason, as well as being an introvert, is why I love to eat alone now. It's not that I even fear judgement, I just can't stand being interrupted when I'm eating. I can understand that wanting to eat alone may raise concerns by others, but don't always assume.

When people blab on and on and on about crap I don't care about. I don't know how to politely ask them to shut up.
Yes especially when it's like totally boring and uninteresting stuff like board/card/rp games then i basically tell them off im not interested lol

Also, another driving thing-peeps who drive over the work-zone speed limit. You can always feel how impatient they are when they’re behind you in a 7-mile one lane work zone.

The word “pamphlet”

It sounds ridiculous (ok it is lol) but just the sound of the word annoys me for some reason. Luckily it’s a word you rarely ever hear in conversation.

that "pspspsps" noise people use to call cats, as well as that clicking noise people do with their tongues.
kinda feel like im the only one with this one lol

self-important people who does everything to annoy you with "jokes" just because... like stop.

for example:

me: "hey tell him hi from me havent seen him in ages"
person: "ooooh do you fancy him or oh oh"
me: no **** you
person: "just kidding"

like oh god i just wanna punch their privates

Mostly chewing noises (my mother, although I love her dearly, chews like a cow); I don't like see-food, and the smacking is both gross and unhygienic. I don't understand how people can't chew with their mouths closed. For chewing gum, included.

Loud breathing (my brother is unfortunately a mouth-breather); I'm fine if it's across the room, but not if it's right next to me.

Loud snoring (I had to share a room with my brother for the longest time, and everyone in my house does it); however, after discovering that I snore too, I've been trying to become more lenient.

My neighbors' annoying, yappy dogs; they bark at the worst times of the day, and keep half the neighborhood up all night. Mostly, I'm mad at the neighbors for not caring for their pets like they should.

Loud, screaming, crying children, specifically young children. Really, I'm actually peeved at their parents for not attending to their children as they should. Especially if their child is purposely being rotten and rude and they won't discipline them for it.

Society's apparent lack of and utter disregard for basic hygiene; there's some nasty people out there. It doesn't take that long to wash your hands, cover your coughs, flush the toilet, or clean up after yourself.

People being rude and selfish for no reason; there is literally no reason to be a jerk in your day-to-day life, it is easier and healthier to be nice.

People who believe turn signals don't exist or think they own the road. The giant metal machines don't care if either of us go splat on the road; people need to practice looking out for each other and stop being careless.

I could go on, but I should go to bed 😅 (which brings me to: early birds acting high and mighty towards night owls. We get it: you go to bed at 7pm and aren't plagued with insomnia and nightmares.)

(Note: If I sounded rude, I apologize; I've had no filter since March, and do not mean to cause hostility. )

Loud, screaming, crying children, specifically young children. Really, I'm actually peeved at their parents for not attending to their children as they should. Especially if their child is purposely being rotten and rude and they won't discipline them for it.
Yes so goddamn much. Parents are so lazy these days and basically lets internet/games raise their kids.

(which brings me to: early birds acting high and mighty towards night owls. We get it: you go to bed at 7pm and aren't plagued with insomnia and nightmares.)
Yeah like, while I have to maintain a sleep schedule these days due to work it's really annoying when people brag getting up early and sleep oh so fantastic like no.

As someone with ASD, SPD, hyperacusis, misophonia and high-sensitivity, I have literal tons of pet peeves:
  • eating noises, whether it's in the mouth or smacking, I can get really angry just consistently hearing it that I eventually have to wear earplugs or even avoid the person who makes those annoying noises (e.g. my eldest sibling whenever we see each other in person);
  • people openly picking their noses and subsequently sticking it onto walls and other surfaces or flicking it away, especially when inside a building or vehicle (for most of the time, I'm literally the only one in the world who actually owns tissues and blows their nose!);
  • people being horribly loud for no reason in particular, especially babies and young children who are often improperly raised by seemingly incompetent parents;
  • the sound of snoring and sleep-talking... I'm already an awful sleeper but these only make it worse, as well as one of the many reasons why I cannot share rooms;
  • people suddenly and consistently rocking up and down while sitting, even if they really cannot do anything about it (I may have misokinesia, too, regarding this?);
  • people being like 'huh?' while they knew darn well that I said something obvious enough for them to hear;
  • others consistently using me as their agony uncle for their consistent pessimistic nonsense (a few people irl have become my arch-enemies bc of this, and it's also the only thing they want to discuss with anyone innocent like me);
  • cupboards and such being left open the entire time with me having to close them eventually;
  • the sounds of belches and gas being passed, it just makes me feel really uncomfortable;
  • people openly yawning without covering their mouths (especially when they suffer from halitosis);
  • long nails, which is why I cut them weekly and feel moderately scared when someone with long nails touches me;
  • people consistently touching me while they know darn well that they shouldn't, since I have a moderate form of haphephobia;
  • people who talk and consistently spit (into my face), or people that never bother to wipe their mouths from excessive saliva while they're really able to;
  • people rubbing their finger into their ear way too frantically (it looks really weird, and it also increases the chances of having an ear infection);
  • annoying people that consistently tell the same annoying and weird stuff over and over, especially if it comes to horror or toilet humour (or worse, both)... one time, such people really pushed my berserk button that way and deliberately asked me what that was while they knew that darn well already;
  • people dialling (way too) loudly on public transport vehicles while one of those key rules is to not do so;
  • whenever I try to finish someone's sentence(s) and they subsequently finish it again by themselves while they knew I already did so for them, rather than reacting with something in the way of "exactly!", or "that's right" (this way, I'm always mandatory to react with "that's what I just said");
  • people laughing at me, hazing me and/or pointing me out for any of my fears, mainly my nyctophobia/fear of the dark;
  • people who consistently misspell and/or mispronounce (any of) my name(s), especially on purpose, which happens every single day;
  • people leaving the lights on while outside, it's already clear and light enough;
  • people that leave a TV on for ages while nobody is even watching it anyway, especially if there's a show I really hate;
  • people being rude to me for no reason in particular, while I, myself, am only trying to be nice and calm;
  • people who don't accept the fact that I refuse to take medicine because most of them (the kinds that most of my friends and acquaintances take) are literal drugs;
  • people who don't accept my gender and sexuality and pretend that pansexuality and nonbinary people don't exist (they're most likely homophobes);
  • people that consistently lie to me about my past while I know my own past the best and it's none of anyone's business furthermore;
  • people who are consistently being annoying to me but deny this whenever I tell them to stop;
  • the sounds of machines, saws, and fireworks, as they (may) do tons of harm to the environment);
  • a scary bug that is left inside a building or vehicle, as nobody bothers to remove it for the sake of my entomophobia;
  • people not letting me finish my sentence or speak at all;
  • people who come to bother me whenever I feel enraged or depressed, while they know darn well that during moods like that, they should leave me alone, because otherwise, they're only going to point me out and haze me anyway (e.g. "You can just talk about it" while I can't in such a mood and am required to scream to relieve myself, or "You behave like a little boy" while behaving that way is common in my kind of fits of rage, and nothing can be done about that), which is why I literally command them out loud to ignore me once I feel such an episode coming, and those mostly last for tons of hours;
  • people being way too optimistic to the point where it literally sickens me;
  • people consistently being smug suck-ups or telling me that I shouldn't be hard on myself while they know darn well that I'm a realist and I have a way different mindset of life than they do;
  • people hurting me and subsequently being like "oh, but I can still do/say that, because I don't care if it hurts you or not" or whatever, rather than apologising and/or even realising that I'm in genuine pain;
  • scary/creepy/disturbing people consistently giving me jump scares while they know darn well that they should just leave me alone;
  • people pointing me out that I should either eat healthier, or that I should eat more junk food (bc they think "I don't spoil myself often enough"), while they know darn well that I'm paying attention to my food intake and trying to accept my body for what it is at the same time;
  • strangers in public with absolutely normal details being pointed out by the close-minded people I may be with at the moment, with me being the open-minded black sheep that doesn't point anyone out that easily/quickly;
  • the sound of people grinding their teeth, swallowing too loudly, and doing more in or around their mouths while not eating, it makes me suffer from a major eardrums-and-ossicles-chill;
  • people consistently repeating the same thing they just said over and over, with me being the black sheep that does not repeat anything at all;
  • etc., etc., etc.
Sorry for making this list ridiculously long and most likely coming off as rude for most of the time, but it's the harsh truth in and about my daily life. :(

Last edited:
Back