• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

due to my ADHD I have sound sensitivity so basically any repetitive noise can irritate me to the point I need to leave the room.

people who are rude to others for no reason, like what do they even gain from treating someone who did nothing to them like crap?

also unwanted comments towards my figure

People who ends whatever they say with "it's just a joke" when it was obviously not and no one thought it was fun. Man pick your times and don't end it like that just cause u don't want your balls crushed -_-

It's 32C/90F inside my home right now, and it will only get warmer, probably easily above 36C/95F for the coming week. I don't have AC, and because I live in a rental property I'm not allowed to get an unit made. I could get a standing one but honestly they don't do that much for how much they cost here I feel. So, pet peeves:
  1. The weather being WAY TOO HOT.
  2. People in especially the US saying like "people in Europe shouldn't complain, it's way less hot there". Yes, it is way less hot outside, but our houses are built without AC and out of materials to keep heat in in the cold winters we used to have. Summer days like this maybe happened once every summer, now we are looking at A FULL WEEK OR MORE of this. Which means, with how our houses are built, that even if it cools down at night and you open every window and door, it still won't cool down much inside. I'm sorry but 36C/95F is not a temperature I can function in.

It's 32C/90F inside my home right now, and it will only get warmer, probably easily above 36C/95F for the coming week. I don't have AC, and because I live in a rental property I'm not allowed to get an unit made. I could get a standing one but honestly they don't do that much for how much they cost here I feel. So, pet peeves:
  1. The weather being WAY TOO HOT.
  2. People in especially the US saying like "people in Europe shouldn't complain, it's way less hot there". Yes, it is way less hot outside, but our houses are built without AC and out of materials to keep heat in in the cold winters we used to have. Summer days like this maybe happened once every summer, now we are looking at A FULL WEEK OR MORE of this. Which means, with how our houses are built, that even if it cools down at night and you open every window and door, it still won't cool down much inside. I'm sorry but 36C/95F is not a temperature I can function in.

I'm with you on this one! About to endure the sleepless nights dripping in sweat with no AC (y)

People throwing around terms like Karen, toxic, etc just because everyone else is using those terms but in reality don't really know what they mean. Don't just use words to be cool, you know?

- attaching my resume for an online job application then having to re-type everything that was on the resume in to their little forum, and ultimately be ghosted so what even was the point of that
- also, cover letters
- also, job applications, in general
- also also, people

those are my pet peeves

I have a pet pevee that I can add to my list!!

When you give a person something that they ask for and then they throw it all away for something else. That happened to me recently and it really bugs me. And not getting credit/thanks for it is even worse smh. 😔 🥺

People throwing around terms like Karen, toxic, etc just because everyone else is using those terms but in reality don't really know what they mean. Don't just use words to be cool, you know?
Yes thank you.

Also when you tell a joke and someone ruins it just to be the good prude adult in the group like.. we know you like it stop acting grown-up when you're like, 8 years younger than me lol

The eating sounds thing is horrible. I get that when my dad eats, it sounds like a horse eating and it goes right through me like nails on chalkboard. It's alright if I'm also eating, but as soon as it's just my dad snacking or something I have to leave the room. Thankfully I don't live at home anymore haha

I dunno if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I don't care - I HATE the phrase/title "gamer girl" ugh. It just brings to mind a certain image that I hate to be associated with. I always just call myself a gamer, cause that's what I am, it shouldn't matter that I'm a girl!

I dunno if this is an unpopular opinion or not but I don't care - I HATE the phrase/title "gamer girl" ugh. It just brings to mind a certain image that I hate to be associated with. I always just call myself a gamer, cause that's what I am, it shouldn't matter that I'm a girl!
Thiiis. I don't game a lot these days let alone some stuff on Switch and an MMORPG but yeah that phrase gives off some stereotype thing - as if you would say gamer boy also... We're all gamers damnit.

- People who sneeze directly on their hands
- People who leave the bathroom without washing their hands (this happens ALL the time in public, especially university)
- People who bring their phone into the toilet (and then proceed to let others handle their phone!?)

It shouldn't take an entire pandemic for these issues to have attention drawn to them 😤🔥 This is BASIC common sense not to do these things.

4iAnhyH.jpg

I absolutely hate it when people don't cover their sneezes, it makes me so angry and it ticks me off sooo much xD anothe one would be when someone taps me on the shoulder repeatedly, like when they want to show you something. It’s suuuper annoying and I get angry at them when they tap me on the shoulder like 10 times xD omg and the same thing @Bugs said about gamer girls, the term just reminds me of Belle Delphine and twitch th*ts like what is even the point of putting the word “girl” at the end, anybody can play games xD

- The sounds of ANY chewing, regardless of their mouth is closed or not. My mom has this way of chewing (with her mouth closed ofc) that make her teeth clack together on every... slow... chew... and it drives me mad. And all I do is hyper focus on that one sound and no matter how much I try and focus on something else, it’s the only thing I hear. My little brother also has really noisy chewing that makes me want to tear my hair out lol

- Nails on chalkboards, or just the thought of scraping your nails against a specific texture. I vividly remember accidentally scraping the head of a doll (this weird soft-to-the-touch but smooth material, if that makes sense) years ago, and I still recall the moment occasionally. It always makes me shiver, because the sensation was the same as scratching a chalkboard

- Whistling. My dad likes to whistle a lot, and in the beginning, I can tolerate it just fine. But then I start getting antsy because he whistles quite a bit. My brother whistling is honestly the turning point; it’s so unbearable and I can’t help but yell at him to shut up arghh 😳

- Schools telling us to “get a good nights rest, 8 hours”, then giving us a boatload off homework due the next day

- People giving me extra food because they think I’m too skinny, although I probably eat more than everyone else, ALL THE TIME. I just have a fast metabolism

- Small noises that can just *barely* be heard. No idea why these are so annoying, but they make me so mad, as like with the chewing sounds, I hyper focus on them

- And lastly, getting a song stuck in your head. I’ve had a song play on repeat in my head for like two, three days, and I swear it was hell. My sibling once cried because he had this punctuation learning song stuck in his head lmao

The feeling on my hands after they’re washed and dried on paper towel and then if you scratch paper-
I cant even talk about it—

Back