• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

People switching the topic/subject in the middle of a conversation.... Please no unless you actually makes sense or state it for a good reason.

Y'all know the thing people do when they clear their nose into the back of their throat, kinda like a snorting noise. Well my boyfriend's mom does that all the time and then you'll see her do a swallowing motion and it's seriously too gross for me to handle. Why not go spit it out. I finally snapped and asked her why she does that (kinda rude I know) and she was like "oh well I'm not actually getting any snot" but you know she does. I could tell she was embarrassed but dang woman it makes my stomach turn when she does it 3 or 4 times during our conversation.

Possibly my biggest pet peeve is people licking their fingers while they eat and then not washing their hands after. Which is sadly a very common thing. But ugh it grosses me out so much, if I see someone doing it I'm immediately on alert to make sure they don't touch my stuff 😷

Reactions: Neb
it annoys me a lot when people sitting next or behind me shake their legs to the point it shakes my chair :/

yeah I'm still salty about the whole ignorance w/ autism thing.
same, also because everything is lumped into ASD people think everyone works the same... good move dr's.

also when people go like "omg you can succeed your brain works wonders with certain stuff" or "omg ur a genius" or idk... it's like no i can't and i am not. just let me get a simple job or sick money sigh.

Y'all know the thing people do when they clear their nose into the back of their throat, kinda like a snorting noise. Well my boyfriend's mom does that all the time and then you'll see her do a swallowing motion and it's seriously too gross for me to handle. Why not go spit it out. I finally snapped and asked her why she does that (kinda rude I know) and she was like "oh well I'm not actually getting any snot" but you know she does. I could tell she was embarrassed but dang woman it makes my stomach turn when she does it 3 or 4 times during our conversation.
This! My dad does it constantly and it just makes me want to throw up. The noise and everything is just seriously disgusting

Reactions: oak
People saying they have a mental illness even though they know they dont even know what t is. Like some girls in my class were cutting something and one of them was making it straight, me and my friend looked at them and the other said “She has really bad OCD” and im just like bruh. Also people thinking anxiety is being scared. >.<

Certain chewing sounds bug me. It varies from person to person. Some people are quiet and I don't even hear them, some are a little noisy but tolerable or easy to ignore, and some people chew like that girl from 2 semesters ago in the college Cafe and it was literally so awful that I was physically uncomfortable and wanted to scream at her for existing. She was also a very loud person in general. She was a regular there and constantly making noise and being disruptive and stealing chairs from other tables when seating was already so limited. I never knew what a weirdo I really was until I felt that anger towards her for literally eating lunch, that was the final straw and I decided I would never like her. Never even spoke to her. I'm a bit petty maybe?

Mutts who bark too damn much (and over every little thing), impatient jackasses who speed and cut others off while on the road, smokers who huff and puff in my presence, narcissists, chorizo, filthy purveyors of censorship and "cancel culture" etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
~ Littering. Keep it in your car until you get home, or pull over at a gas station/store, please. There is no need to hurt the environment!
~ People who sing loudly when given any miniscule chance to do so. When I was in high school, a girl in my class would break out into song at nearly irrelevant times (i.e. her friends were discussing a popular artist, she would break into one of said artist's songs) at least once a class period. Ever since this, it annoys me when people do something similar.
~ Tailgaters. I'm doing the speed limit, mister! Social distancing, please!!
~ People who speak to me when I am clearly busy, then get mad when I was not giving them my full attention.
~ People who try to get your notes/work from you because they were too lazy to do the work/assignment themselves.
~ People who say they are bad at something when they know they are good at it just to hear the praise (i.e. [straight A student]: I suck at school! [Friend]: What? You're the smartest person I know!)

Overly positive/peppy people, or just realists. Both are annoying in their own ways when they don't understand stuff.
Post automatically merged:

~ People who speak to me when I am clearly busy, then get mad when I was not giving them my full attention.

~ People who say they are bad at something when they know they are good at it just to hear the praise (i.e. [straight A student]: I suck at school! [Friend]: What? You're the smartest person I know!)
YES SO MUCH let me do my work in peace ty.

and the latter also.. like how tf do you suck if you have straight a's ..maybe they suck at living life lol.

Idk if this was mentioned, but
Whenever I say something or reply to someone, I hate the fact when my reply or remark gets ignored sometimes.
I know the world doesn't revolve around me, but at least say something or whatever because it just bothers me sometimes.

"do not interact if you are this, think that or like any of these things" like bruh that's not how world works...and that culture needs to stop.

like there are stuff i dislike but it's not like i wouldn't ask them to shut up just cause they think something or like a certain musician lol

"do not interact if you are this, think that or like any of these things" like bruh that's not how world works...and that culture needs to stop.

like there are stuff i dislike but it's not like i wouldn't ask them to shut up just cause they think something or like a certain musician lol
Welcome to Twitter cuz that’s what everyone puts on their caard.co lmaoooo

I can totally get it if it’s something serious like “DNI if _______ because I’m a minor” but I’ve seen stuff like “Dont follow if ur male or attracted to male genders” and I was like “okay so I guess I’m not allowed because I’m actually gay” .-.

Back