• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

Welcome to Twitter cuz that’s what everyone puts on their caard.co lmaoooo

I can totally get it if it’s something serious like “DNI if _______ because I’m a minor” but I’ve seen stuff like “Dont follow if ur male or attracted to male genders” and I was like “okay so I guess I’m not allowed because I’m actually gay” .-.
yeah I've read a few it's like... you're not a bad person cause you like random pop or whatever. it's not for me but u can like what u want! also yeah those examples..those people certainly must have a miserable life. It's nothing wrong with being male/gay/attracted to males/liking yaoi etc. so yeah smfh.

yeah that i get cause some people might not want adult exposes in stuff but "lol dni if like harry potter or that tv show" like... bruh learn to differ persons from work and dont be judge judy tween lol

"do not interact if you are this, think that or like any of these things" like bruh that's not how world works...and that culture needs to stop.

like there are stuff i dislike but it's not like i wouldn't ask them to shut up just cause they think something or like a certain musician lol

It's really just another way of saying "**** you" or "**** off", though. And some viewpoints don't deserve any respect, or any place at the table. Our culture has gone too far with the "both sides" nonsense. The more you normalize radicals, the more comfortable they feel and the more power they take.

I'll gladly say right here, right now, DNI with me anyone who is a Trump supporter, anyone who is a TERF, anyone who is a MRA, anyone who is a white supremacist, anyone who flies the confederate battle flag period, anyone who is a homophobe, etc., etc.. These are not "both sides" issues, and those viewpoints are disgusting and deserve absolutely no respect. Plus, many of those viewpoints are all about oppressing me and my rights personally. If I can't even tell these people who are specifically harming me to "buzz off", I don't even know what to say.

It's really just another way of saying "**** you" or "**** off", though. And some viewpoints don't deserve any respect, or any place at the table. Our culture has gone too far with the "both sides" nonsense. The more you normalize radicals, the more comfortable they feel and the more power they take.

I'll gladly say right here, right now, DNI with me anyone who is a Trump supporter, anyone who is a TERF, anyone who is a MRA, anyone who is a white supremacist, anyone who flies the confederate battle flag period, anyone who is a homophobe, etc., etc.. These are not "both sides" issues, and those viewpoints are disgusting and deserve absolutely no respect. Plus, many of those viewpoints are all about oppressing me and my rights personally. If I can't even tell these people who are specifically harming me to "buzz off", I don't even know what to say.
I mean those who do it(carrds/about me's etc.) on less issues, what you listed should be obvious not to take as normal or give power to. I just heavily dislike this passive-aggressiveness these days.... It's not like I tell people to go away cause they like, a K-pop group even though it's not my tea. I mean if someone can't tell me straight up to go away they're even more chicken.

Also what I mean with both sides is to listen to what people have to say that's normal stuff and views, why people feel the need to hate on others cause they like a tv series is beyond my brain unless it happens to be any of the above mention you made.

Also DNI if you don't like SMAP they are my gods uwu

Last edited:
I mean those who do it(carrds/about me's etc.) on less issues, what you listed should be obvious not to take as normal or give power to. I just heavily dislike this passive-aggressiveness these days.... It's not like I tell people to go away cause they like, a K-pop group even though it's not my tea. I mean if someone can't tell me straight up to go away they're even more chicken.

Also what I mean with both sides is to listen to what people have to say that's normal stuff and views, why people feel the need to hate on others cause they like a tv series is beyond my brain unless it happens to be any of the above mention you made.

I see. I've never seen petty DNIs like that, so I wasn't aware.

Finding a hair in your food or on the soap (if you use bar soap). Basically hair anywhere it's not supposed to be? Ew.

I see. I've never seen petty DNIs like that, so I wasn't aware.
Yeah I meant those if it was unclear. I mean it's obvious you shouldn't encourage/debate etc. the behaviour or views you mentioned. But yeah I just ignore them and/or block if I would have to deal with them where I'm a member as well.
Post automatically merged:

Finding a hair in your food or on the soap (if you use bar soap). Basically hair anywhere it's not supposed to be? Ew.
Agree, though I'm too used finding hair in food so I just make a scene out of it for fun XD

Oh that's understandable because people like that tend to invalidate other people's identities, not to mention justifying violence against minorities.

The petty DNIs are mostly in the "fandom" part of twitter where kinning a certain character or having a certain character ship will lead in a nasty online fight.

Oh that's understandable because people like that tend to invalidate other people's identities, not to mention justifying violence against minorities.

The petty DNIs are mostly in the "fandom" part of twitter where kinning a certain character or having a certain character ship will lead in a nasty online fight.
Yeah a lot of things are just "DNI if you anything different from this" or just petty fandom trashing etc. I mean I don't interact with like, homophobes, racists and stuff either, but yeah when it has to do with cancel/digging up culture it's like... are people really that lazy to read up and do they have such a petty life they need to cancel people because they are so single-tracked.

Anyway, on a lighter note. People who drench themselves in that one after-shave and then goes out in public. Please no, you don't smell good 🤢

This. I totally understand why people do it. Nobody wants to have to deal with people casually saying or doing straight up hurtful crap.

I don't use tumblr or other sites like these but DNIs sound pretty reasonable to me. It doesn't even matter to me if they turned out to be really petty. Back in the old days of the Internet you could ban people from commenting on your site, there used to be graphics and such you could display even on unrelated sites to indicate your political opinions and whether you wanted to engage with like-minded people, etc. With social media, there's often the assumption that you should follow the other person back. If you click on their usernames just to see who they are you see a ton of their content. It's only too easy to be exposed to that kind of thing.

i haaaaaaaate it when ppl interrupt often. reeeally grinds my gears.

also dont like it when ppl lack manners. not hard to say please and thank you.

I hate it when users on any forum bump old threads, especially threads from over 3 years ago. Unless if it’s a thread that has over 1,000 posts.

My pet peeves are mostly about my dad right now such as him not washing his hands and then touching stuff; big pet peeve along with the lying and not admitting he has anxiety. Also he goes ballistic when we use a certain tone of voice even when we are being neutral, but we’re not allowed to get mad at him for being childish or anything?

Last edited:
Eating is a massive one for me, my hearing isn’t the best but it’s like it’s in high def when I’m around others eating.
even without the whole world situation, people not washing their hands. I just cringe at the thought of everything they’ve touched. Same with sneezing/coughing and not covering their mouths.
Had a customer sneeze without covering their mouth the other day all over the card stand so I had to take that off the shop floor to wipe down every inch cause I wanted to vomit

With social media, there's often the assumption that you should follow the other person back. If you click on their usernames just to see who they are you see a ton of their content. It's only too easy to be exposed to that kind of thing.
That's interesting. I definitely don't expect people to do that (I only use instagram so I wouldn't know lol) Though I mostly get requests from random stores/bots that probably removes me the next day so unless I really know who they are I don't care.

But yeah I just hate the passive-aggressive tone on the internet these days no matter the sides.

That's interesting. I definitely don't expect people to do that (I only use instagram so I wouldn't know lol) Though I mostly get requests from random stores/bots that probably removes me the next day so unless I really know who they are I don't care.

But yeah I just hate the passive-aggressive tone on the internet these days no matter the sides.

Well, when it's not following it's at least checking out their profile. I just don't feel like DNI requests are passive-aggressive, they seem pretty straightforward to me.

I just don't feel like DNI requests are passive-aggressive, they seem pretty straightforward to me.
If made right they can make sense, but honestly I think it's better to just ignore/block etc. And too many are petty levels. But yeah each to their own.

If made right they can make sense, but honestly I think it's better to just ignore/block etc. And too many are petty levels. But yeah each to their own.

I think ignoring/blocking works better if you already know someone exists. From what I understand of those, DNI requests are an attempt to avoid upsetting interactions right off the bat (so if you get a message, you don't click through to the other person's profile and see those things). I guess where I'm coming from is that most DNIs I've seen in the wild are about things like NSFW blogs with themes that can be upsetting, for example. I don't know if things like "DNI if you're a racist" work because someone malicious could just do that anyway??

I haven't seen the fandom-based ones, those seem really weird and random but I guess to each their own.

Back