• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

I think ignoring/blocking works better if you already know someone exists. From what I understand of those, DNI requests are an attempt to avoid upsetting interactions right off the bat (so if you get a message, you don't click through to the other person's profile and see those things). I guess where I'm coming from is that most DNIs I've seen in the wild are about things like NSFW blogs with themes that can be upsetting, for example. I don't know if things like "DNI if you're a racist" work because someone malicious could just do that anyway??

I haven't seen the fandom-based ones, those seem really weird and random but I guess to each their own.
Yeah, I agree on like "don't follow interact if you have (sensitive topic) stuff on your wall" and such cause there are definitely things that are triggers to some or they don't want like, minors if they post certain stuff themselves.

And yeah, exactly. I mean those racist/phobic etc. people are just to ignore 100% and not to possibly provoke them etc. And it should be obvious those shouldn't be interacted with, anyways.

But yeah petty stuff like, "dni if u like 1D" or whatever... like bruh. I don't like them myself but I don't judge people if they like them or stuff unless they would like talk about them 100% of the day.

For me, the most annoying thing is people who just don't text back in a timely manner or communicate properly. I mainly mean this in a romantic context as most breakups I've initiated have occurred because I'm feeling ignored or like I'm not a priority in my partner's life. I do think that it's also annoying in a friendship or family context as well but I'm more guilty of doing it to friends/family, so I really can't talk.

a lot of people have "dni if you like thing" because the people involved are harmful in some way, for example there is a lot of "dni if you like bts" because the members have made racist remarks and have used racial slurs, and "dni if you like hazbin hotel" because the creator has shown themselves to be racist, transphobic, and pedophilic as well as support others who have been so. you also never know if something may be a trigger for someone, i know someone who couldn't handle the mere mention of magic the gathering because their abusive ex was heavily into it. when it comes to stuff like this don't immediately dismiss what looks like silly nothings or pettiness to be as such - which is, on topic, a huge pet peeve of mine.

Last edited:
With this pandemic, people not staying six feet apart, people letting their nose hang out of their mask, people not covering their coughs and/or sneezes.
Yeah I love here when it's free to wear a mask if you want thus far, people wear them around their neck, on their head, not covering properly etc. Like ****ing don't poke your face all the time either. You're free to not wear a mask just don't then if one can't handle it.

People who think that a mask policy means their "freedoms" are under attack. 🙄 I've seen some people unironically claim they're being treated worse than slaves because of this.

There's literally worse laws being enacted under the POTUS that actually threaten democracy and freedoms. But having to wear a mask to protect yourself or others...THAT'S going too far.

Is it really that hard to comprehend there's other people besides oneself living in society?

when people stare at me. my family gets mad whenever i get angry at my siblings for staring at me. like whats going on, huh?? is there someone on my face? am i too ugly?? idk it makes me uncomfortable.

Last edited:
(I'm an ambulatory wheelchair user)
When a wheelchair user in media stands up and it's shorthand for them being deceptive or lazy I just argjgjgj. Ambulatory wheelchair users exist and this kinda representation is actively dangerous to us 🙃
Also adults avoiding eye contact with me when I'm in my wheelchair bc they're trying to be polite??? Like kids openly stare and I'd rather people be curious than treat me like I don't exist 🙃
(Rant over)

I get very annoyed when people touch my computer screens and leave fingerprints on them. This used to happen all the time at work and I don't understand why people can't point at something without touching it. I can't stand to leave the fingerprints there, so I have to go wipe down my screens immediately every time it happens.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with this right now since we're working from home. Although, my own fingerprints on my phone bother me too. That's one of the main reasons I was against getting a smart phone for a long time and I still wipe down my phone obsessively after each use.

I’m going to sound like such a butt, buuuut I hate whistling! Maybe a little bit is because I can’t whistle but also it’s just very annoying to hear.
Loud burps
Dirty floors/wet floors. I vacuum a lot & sweep.
Dirty dishes in the sink. Put them aside! How am I suppose to wash them if they’re in the way!
People who don’t train their dogs at All and just let them do anything.
^the same with kids^
theres a lot more but this is what I can think of for now.

people who creep up behind you just to "see what you are doing"... like you can ask or just leave me alone (lookin atcha mom)
Teachers used to do this to me all the time. I'd be working on my worksheets and they come up behind you like ewwww stop.

Teachers used to do this to me all the time. I'd be working on my worksheets and they come up behind you like ewwww stop.
that too like ikr, ew.

also ppl in general doing that...like it's not fun at all.

Oh man, nothing is worse than having your headphones on and having someone tap on your shoulder from behind you.
Ugh yeah, especially when you're outside and someone you apparently know passes by and think it's fun.. just ugh.
--

in general when people don't bother to look up stuff but proceeds on arguing/writing like they do... uh yeah.

Ugh yeah, especially when you're outside and someone you apparently know passes by and think it's fun.. just ugh.
--

in general when people don't bother to look up stuff but proceeds on arguing/writing like they do... uh yeah.
Totally! If you don't know, that's cool, just stop arguing lol. The best is when what you're talking about just so happens to be something you're well versed in. It's like, I'm gonna end your life lmao

Totally! If you don't know, that's cool, just stop arguing lol. The best is when what you're talking about just so happens to be something you're well versed in. It's like, I'm gonna end your life lmao
yeah it's fun. or when they are like one-sided people who are desperate to get it right though they are just makin a fool lol

Back