• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

Probably posted but.. yeah people who are "friends over partners"(I'd use a different phrase here but might be censored anyway lol) when you don't have those friends in common and you talk/text/play with those while spending alone time with your partner.

I hate it when people go on their phones while waiting for the bus rather than actually looking out for the bus. Like, the bus will pass you and you’ll miss it if you’re not looking out for it to hail it down! I wonder if they actually manage to get on the buses or if they really do miss it every time.

When a certain etnicity of refugees enter the subway trains with their paper cup in their hand full of coins, and then they shake it while they go for each individual person on the train asking for money. That sound already makes me anxious each time I hear it.

Now whenever I hear someone having keys in their pocket I already see that paper cup with coins haha.

That, and people who constantly need to take picture of themselves drinking alcohol.

Another pet peeve of mine is dogs that always have to bark at you whenever you walk past their house. I get that they’re trying to defend their territory, but I’m literally no threat and just passing by.

My main pet peeve only concerns me- I don't like hair on myself. If it was socially acceptable I would get all my hair permanently removed (yes even my head and eyebrows). I especially hate the feeling of my wet (head) hair on my skin in the shower, to the point where when I wash it I tilt my head away from my body so it doesn't touch me, and when I am done I tie it up in a bun for the rest of my shower. BUT this only applies to me. I don't mind hair on other people, in fact I love doing my friends' hair (braids, ponytails, brushing, cutting, etc). For some reason I just don't like the feeling of hair on myself. Idk why....

Another pet peeve I have concerning other people is- when strangers don't get my cues that I'm not interested in making conversation/small talk. I like doing my own thing sometimes and I'm not one to talk to the average stranger, so when someone sits next to me on a plane and starts talking to me for example, I usually try to politely let them know I don't want to talk by using social cues. I know there are those that have a hard time understanding social cues, but I actually don't mind talking with those types of people, and my pet peeve is centered around the average "small talk" neurotypical people like to make. To me small talk with random strangers is not fun, and can even be stressful, so I really don't like it when people continue talking to me when I try to politely tell them to stop (but I'm not bold enough to just say "please stop talking to me" so maybe thats on me lol).

Last edited:
My main pet peeve only concerns me- I don't like hair on myself. If it was socially acceptable I would get all my hair permanently removed (yes even my head and eyebrows). I especially hate the feeling of my wet (head) hair on my skin in the shower, to the point where when I wash it I tilt my head away from my body so it doesn't touch me, and when I am done I tie it up in a bun for the rest of my shower. BUT this only applies to me. I don't mind hair on other people, in fact I love doing my friends' hair (braids, ponytails, brushing, cutting, etc). For some reason I just don't like the feeling of hair on myself. Idk why....

Another pet peeve I have concerning other people is- when strangers don't get my cues that I'm not interested in making conversation/small talk. I like doing my own thing sometimes and I'm not one to talk to the average stranger, so when someone sits next to me on a plane and starts talking to me for example, I usually try to politely let them know I don't want to talk by using social cues. I know there are those that have a hard time understanding social cues, but I actually don't mind talking with those types of people, and my pet peeve is centered around the average "small talk" neurotypical people like to make. To me small talk with random strangers is not fun, and can even be stressful, so I really don't like it when people continue talking to me when I try to politely tell them to stop (but I'm not bold enough to just say "please stop talking to me" so maybe thats on me lol).

Just wanted to say if you feel you would genuinely be happier bald, go for it!

If going out in public bald bothers you there are absolutely amazing wigs these days you can get online that look totally normal. Basically you could treat your hair like a hat and once you get home just take it off and enjoy not having to deal with hair. The other bonus side to wigs is you can change your hair color and style whenever you want.

If you're worried about your friends and relatives not being okay with it then you can tell them it really isn't their business what you do with your body. Going bald isn't harming anyone.

I say all this because I've seen a few people online who also didn't like having hair for one reason or another, and all of them have expressed immense happiness from just shaving it all off without caring what others say or think about it.​

People infringing on my personal space,

People coughing/sniffing all of the time,

People talking really loudly for no reason at all,

People doing tiktok dances in public.

Edit: CHEWING. of ANY SORT. it disgusts me SO MUCH. especially chips. it makes me shudder.

Last edited:
When a tv series based off of a novel doesn't bother to explain anything that's going on because they assume you read the novel 😩

Not a good way of introducing new fans to something... Is it really that hard to give an introduction on the world and characters?

Maybe this is a classic textbook pet peeve, but catcalls. Especially the whistlers. I am not a dog and I'm not going to run to you. You just look stupid.
And when people sing around me, even if that person is me, unless they're in-tune and they know the words to the song.

Back