• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

People who use their zodiac sign to justify or otherwise excuse their actions like
"sorry I'm so judgmental, I'm a Virgo" or "sorry I'm so selfish I'm a Aries"
like that makes no sense there's no scientific evidence you have the personality you have because of your zodiac and therefore you can use it to justify your actions, no it's not your zodiac it's your disgusting behavior :rolleyes:
omg yes, I have a friend who got broken up with because her boyfriend found out she was a libra 🫤

This. I'm trying to type something to my online friend and I'm met with red underlines instead. It drives me bonkers. 😭
And yeah, I had to censor certain words because it's Poofesure not very appropriate.
View attachment 445298
The amount of times British spelling gets the red underline treatment drives me crazy. Literally happened as I was typing this post lol.
88.JPG

I just thought that the American spelling got the red underline in other countries. Apparently that’s not the case?
I'm assuming it has to do with whatever keyboard setting you have? Usually I find that the only English option is the US keyboard so I run into the red line problem all the time.

Speaking of English... this might be the prescriptivist in me typing this, but I can't stand the word "like". To be more specific, though, it's not the word itself I have a problem; it's how it's used as a filler, to quote someone/something, and I can't understate how often I see or hear it used to approximate a certain thing (which is very infuriating, because there's SOOOO many different words to use instead). I've never been able to get over this verbal pet peeve of mine. I was never a people's person, but once I was in-tuned to this, "like", epidemic at age 14 in high school, it made me think even less of people. I wish people could realize how dumb they sound when they hear a recording of themselves, or just paid more attention to the sound of their own voice, or something.

Last edited:
People who use their zodiac sign to justify or otherwise excuse their actions like
"sorry I'm so judgmental, I'm a Virgo" or "sorry I'm so selfish I'm a Aries"
like that makes no sense there's no scientific evidence you have the personality you have because of your zodiac and therefore you can use it to justify your actions, no it's not your zodiac it's your disgusting behavior :rolleyes:
Ugh yes specially on social media or sites like tumblr or whatever. Like, chill pill people you are not your zodiac even if you just claim it's for fun :rolleyes:
Post automatically merged:

The amount of times British spelling gets the red underline treatment drives me crazy. Literally happened as I was typing this post lol.
View attachment 445336
Yeah I hate this too. It's like.. bruh.

I also hate this in Swedish cause I answer a lot of emails and stuff when I work and I get these all the time cause the Swedish dictionary sucks, lol.

I hate it when I'm playing Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort and my Wii remote just decides to not work properly.
No amount of re-centering and re-calibrations can make me get a perfect game in bowling, or win a match of swordplay/table tennis.
But maybe it's my fault because of the amount of times I've thrown it or smacked it on furniture. 😂

Feet dragging.
Slow people.
People who have no self awareness.
Snoring. (Sorry to my husband. I love you but I want to smack the hell out of you lol)
People who talk to me right when I wake up. I know it’s polite to say good morning or whatever but I’ve always hated noises in the mornings. Please do not talk to me right when I wake up.
People who want to have full conversations with me when I have headphones in.
People who say “huh?” Every time you talk to them.
Slow drivers. You can at least go the speed limit or 5 miles over. You’ll be okay I promise.
People who speed up when you’re trying to make a turn or change lanes. Literally go to hell.

People who don't ask about allergies when they buy snacks for your arrival. Like, don't be like "oops i got this and that stuff just something to snack on".... Yeah I'm allergic to peanuts AND gumdrop candies maybe you should have asked... It's not that hard to just text or call me?

Also people who have nuts or peanuts as their default beer snack, come on...

People who don't ask about allergies when they buy snacks for your arrival. Like, don't be like "oops i got this and that stuff just something to snack on".... Yeah I'm allergic to peanuts AND gumdrop candies maybe you should have asked... It's not that hard to just text or call me?

Also people who have nuts or peanuts as their default beer snack, come on...
Allergies never come to mind for me as I don't really know anyone with any. I've gotten better at thinking about that for new people I don't know but it's still a work in progress.

People who text you something that stresses you out or otherwise makes you expect an immediate response, and then don't text back for hours or at all. A friend texted my today out of the blue insinuating she was annoyed with me, I responded immediately asking what she was talking about, and she hasn't responded since? Maybe it's because I have anxiety, but this has bothered me all day because I keep trying to figure out what I've done 🥴

People who text you something that stresses you out or otherwise makes you expect an immediate response, and then don't text back for hours or at all. A friend texted my today out of the blue insinuating she was annoyed with me, I responded immediately asking what she was talking about, and she hasn't responded since? Maybe it's because I have anxiety, but this has bothered me all day because I keep trying to figure out what I've done 🥴
This is the worst. "We need to talk" or texts like that make me need a response right away or it takes over my entire brain and I can't function whatsoever.

It's definitely not you. If your friend is annoyed with you they should make the time to have a proper conversation with you about why so you can both sort the problem out. There's nothing more annoying when they leave you in the lurch, I have it all the time from one friend and it drives me insane.

Allergies never come to mind for me as I don't really know anyone with any. I've gotten better at thinking about that for new people I don't know but it's still a work in progress.
Yeah this was my uncle buying for my grandma since I was staying there when I was away it's like... bro just don't. I definitely get if it's with new people but these are close relatives so it's like.. ummm. At least he did buy some crisps I could eat but it's always when I'm away with people I know, for some reason those I do not know are better at asking, lol.

Anyway onto another:

Stores showing in-stock in physical stores on their online store page and like never having a routine or software to update it properly. I was looking for a screen protector for my new iphone yesterday and it said the closest of this store had in stock, nope it was basically for all other models than mine :/
Post automatically merged:

It's definitely not you. If your friend is annoyed with you they should make the time to have a proper conversation with you about why so you can both sort the problem out. There's nothing more annoying when they leave you in the lurch, I have it all the time from one friend and it drives me insane.
Yeah exactly, not be passive-aggressive on the phone. I had this once with a friend like, I said I couldn't open a music link for apple music on my android phone (sometimes it worked sometimes it only gave like try apple music for cheap ads or stuff), she was like "oh i get it have a nice day". Like okay iPhones and Androids doesn't work well together, chill pill bro, or work on yourself.

Back