• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

Stores showing in-stock in physical stores on their online store page and like never having a routine or software to update it properly. I was looking for a screen protector for my new iphone yesterday and it said the closest of this store had in stock, nope it was basically for all other models than mine :/
I never trust those in stock indicators on store websites. They’re never accurate. I don’t know why some people think they automatically update, lol. If you’re looking for something that specific, be prepared to go to more than one store. I had a family member drive to seven different stores to find Wild World on release day. They were sold out everywhere and I wanted to play.

I never trust those in stock indicators on store websites. They’re never accurate. I don’t know why some people think they automatically update, lol. If you’re looking for something that specific, be prepared to go to more than one store. I had a family member drive to seven different stores to find Wild World on release day. They were sold out everywhere and I wanted to play.
Yeah I stopped trusted this too, but I was in the same mall as one of those physical stores yesterday, was really tempted to tell some staff but I just shrug it off. Maybe I'll try another today.

But yeah they kinda need to stop honestly unless they do have an automatic system that like, removes the stock immediately when someone buys that thing.

white lies.

just little ones, like lying about your favorite color or beverage. its just weird to me

When I'm chatting with a friend (both online and IRL) and they just . . . Stop responding. This has happened to me way too many times, and more often than not I'm just sitting there, waiting for a response. :/

Unrelated, but also my family when it comes to privacy: Non-existent. They always barge into rooms without knocking. My brother did that to me this morning. Doesn't matter if you're getting dressed or taking a shower, they'll open that damn door just to make a stupid comment or command.

When you search for a movie/series and search results only bring up remakes or totally unrelated "popular" stuff thanks to google. Jeez.

And those in-stock indicators that try and panic you saying "Last one in stock!!! Hurry and buy it!" and you buy it and it still says that
I've had that happen and apparently they have like 7-10 in stock and lie and say they only have one

And those in-stock indicators that try and panic you saying "Last one in stock!!! Hurry and buy it!" and you buy it and it still says that
I've had that happen and apparently they have like 7-10 in stock and lie and say they only have one
Yeah so annoying. I think there is like one store here that actually has a working coding/software for that but yeah it's...dumb af.

I've had the opposite where it says there are seven left in store and when I get there, there's none. Like thanks. I even checked the stock while in the store and it still says there's seven. Meanwhile the shelf is empty.

I've had the opposite where it says there are seven left in store and when I get there, there's none. Like thanks. I even checked the stock while in the store and it still says there's seven. Meanwhile the shelf is empty.
Oh yeah even more annoying.

Also another online support pet peeves: Why do they want robot chat bots? Like if you can't even hire people to properly care maybe you should shut down lol.

This happens because of a variety of reasons. I used to work at these sort of places. Their inventory is put into a digital system with special handheld devices. If something gets damaged and no one scans it to subtract it from the inventory (and just throws it away) there's 1 of the 7 products now being inaccurate.

Some cashier scans one of the product when checking out a customer and they have 6 (there goes 5 of the product being inaccurate) and so forth. That's why some places ask their cashiers to scan all of the stuff because of outdated tech that doesn't just go 'Oh the computer screen says they have 6 but only scanned one so I will adjust it to be right' it's a computer, it's not a human. It's as smart as the person makes it.

These are the 3 that spring to my mind, a ticking clock/a loud ticking watch. That really annoys me, I have sensitive hearing and it frustrates me when I say to someone 'Can you hear that?' and they say 'No'. 🙁. Another one is crumbs in the butter. I hate that or if someone has wiped jam into it. Also, people who scrape their teeth on their fork, makes me shudder. 🫣

When I’m watching the credits of a programme or film and the announcer starts talking and the picture shrinks to show you what’s on next. It really annoys me when there is a scene still going or for example the cast are performing a song.

When I’m watching the credits of a programme or film and the announcer starts talking and the picture shrinks to show you what’s on next. It really annoys me when there is a scene still going or for example the cast are performing a song.
UGH yes this so much, a lot of channels here started that or just cutting off the credits completely when airing movies.

I ordered 2 lots of items and I arranged for named day delivery (Saturday) so that I would definitely be in, and what happens, half of the delivery came today! 😤

I ordered 2 lots of items and I arranged for named day delivery (Saturday) so that I would definitely be in, and what happens, half of the delivery came today! 😤
Ugh that happened to me just now... I ordered a phone wallet-case to be delivered yesterday morning, I even paid extra for express handling. Did it come? No, had to pester some customer services' for it so they could send it out again. Luckily they did deliver it this morning but yeah trashy, just state it might take extra times SIGH.

Banner ads (or whatever the heck they're called) when I'm watching YouTube. I dunno, it just bugs me sometimes. (Especially the one I just got...)
1657397738936.png

Just when you ask someone a question or something else and they ignore you or change the subject. It sends a lot of thoughts through my mind.

Just when you ask someone a question or something else and they ignore you or change the subject. It sends a lot of thoughts through my mind.
This is my mom though I know she does it only to look better if I comment on something that she takes as "criticism" or stuff.

Back