• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

Seeing those “rating your back to school shoes” videos sets me off. Some people just don’t want to spend $2,000 on shoes and it’s not a competition. People who don’t have the luxury of having nice things just feel bad. Imagine if the person in the video sees those ratings. School sucks, and there’s a reason stuff like this doesn’t happen in adulthood. I’m glad crap like this didn’t matter back when I was in school.

It’s even worse because they always have this one kid in the video who has beat up shoes because they aren’t as fortunate, I suppose. It’s condescending to them and to straight up put “0/10 *throw up emoji*” is screwed up. Life isn’t a numbers game.

Last edited:
Not all of these are little things.

Loud eating/chewing/swallowing.
Cowardice that harms others.
Patronizing people.
Others always trying to one up others.
Others acting like they are the only ones that can do stuff better or handle things better and putting people down who can do just as good.
Complete silence where one little sound can be so distracting.
People being know it all’s and that rub it in or is condescending or doesn’t listen to you even if you know what they know too.
People who don’t cover a cough or sneeze.
People not washing their hands after using the bathroom.
Impatience when it’s not important (nothing going on).
People being late when it is important (meetings, classes, appointments, etc,).
Haters on people or things for no reason.
Reckless drivers and road ragers.
Hypocrites.
Nails on chalkboard.
The feeling of chalk and newsprint.
Fireworks not on holidays in neighborhoods on work/school nights at 12 am or later.
While at the movies, screaming crying kids (why don’t the parents take them out until they calm down) or people using their phone or rowdy teens/kids/adults.
Others being gross when I’m trying to eat or drink.
People not being safe when their sick, no masks, going out to places for pleasure instead of staying in home or at a doctors office to keep others safe and keeping the illness from spreading, not keeping kids home when they’re sick and schools getting onto parents when the do keep their sick kids at home.
People who get offended way too easy.
Misogynists.
Racists.
Scratching sounds (are people scratching tables?) and loud coughing in libraries.
Gum on furniture, bleh.

Last edited:
Seeing those “rating your back to school shoes” videos sets me off. Some people just don’t want to spend $2,000 on shoes and it’s not a competition. People who don’t have the luxury of having nice things just feel bad. Imagine if the person in the video sees those ratings. School sucks, and there’s a reason stuff like this doesn’t happen in adulthood. I’m glad crap like this didn’t matter back when I was in school.

It’s even worse because they always have this one kid in the video who has beat up shoes because they aren’t as fortunate, I suppose. It’s condescending to them and to straight up put “0/10 *throw up emoji*” is screwed up. Life isn’t a numbers game.
In my school there was always that kid that had the most expensive and fancy shoes but with social media, it's made it worse because you're seeing things from all ove the world. Those types of videos are nothing more than bragging contests and deserve to be given dislikes.

It isn’t such an issue these days but I’d be lying if I said it never bothers me if people just focus on negative things I say when I try to say more positive things or care about positive things more. Like am I never supposed to be annoyed lol. In other words toxic positivity. Yet ironically when I am positive the people who did that would overlook it and say I‘m only a whiner.

btw also not trying to be passive aggressive, if that even happens on this forum then it doesn’t stick with me because I mostly lurk, and I never noticed it or anything.

Dang. Was that at a religious school? Either way, it’s still pretty screwed up.
No, they were pessimistic existential nihilists at a charter school. The reason they called me an idiot was because I thought life might have some meaning.

On a different pet peeve, I find it frustrating when a game has a massive dungeon and there isn’t a single place to save my progress. This is especially bad when there’s a difficult boss at the end.

How when you quit a job you're supposed to give two weeks notice but if you get fired you get none. It's just an ironic thing. Getting fired has way more of a negative impact on someone than a company losing one employee. Obviously yeah, if you were told you were getting fired in advance you'd screw off but still, you know what I mean.

'Why are you so quiet?'
"Why do you look like that, are you sad/sleepy?'

If I hear this one more time, I'm going to lose it.

This sums up the first one.
3f3dd108b4189f42e68515481b0f16d5.jpg

'Why are you so quiet?'
"Why do you look like that, are you sad/sleepy?'

If I hear this one more time, I'm going to lose it.

This sums up the first one.
View attachment 459766
THISSSSS so much, I should unironically print that out and frame at work or something here, or just at home.

And yeah boring small talk when it goes on hours about someone's vacation or stuff.. like did you do anything else than just take pictures to show us lol.

Also another pet peeves, middle-age men acting like buffoons when talking and they just have to be right or "the old wise one" whenever you talk to them, or just use the same joking attitude 100% when they're talking to you like... okay no can you be serious 1 second of your life? lol.

Or just anyone blatantly screw the conversation over and misunderstands you on purpose just to look good. Might have posted this one before but smh stop it.

^^ both yes, just use some earphones/pods or just don't use loudspeaker, you're obviously not a group of family members talking together on the train or whatever siiigh.

Also in relation to what I posted earlier, I think what's even more annoying than people not reading your posts/misunderstands them, is that when someone boldly assumes you're gonna post something they don't want/not allowed etc.

(on a pogo server i'm on): Like me and one other person just mentioned there is election day here and that we're gonna vote, and immediately the admin posts something like "let's leave it(politics) outside pogo". Like ookay we just mentioned it we're not gonna go into opinions or what we're voting on, smh.

Also another pet peeves, middle-age men acting like buffoons when talking and they just have to be right or "the old wise one" whenever you talk to them, or just use the same joking attitude 100% when they're talking to you like... okay no can you be serious 1 second of your life? lol.
Oh very much. This is my dad lol. This actually seems to happen with some younger men like those in their 20’s too who seem to want to aspire that way or be the boss and act tough and be comfy in those ideas. Idk. Maybe I’m misunderstanding them trying to be ironic but that’s also annoying when it’s constant.
One of the reasons I spend much less time on the Internet now is because I’m SICK of everything being ironic. Which feels similar to people being buffoons as you said. Idk if it spread to society as a whole but being on the internet constantly exposes it to one constantly. There’s a difference between having a sense of humor and feeling like you’re around people who just use it all the time to cope with their problems and being around that is tiring. And some of those people never know how to speak without being or coming across as “snarky” and it can get toxic. This is kind of ironic coming from me talking about being negative but damn if someone only acts this way I don’t trust them. In my experience those people pull up the irony card when it’s a convenient excuse for them.

Hell there’s even a difference between this and being lighthearted. If someone just wants to use the internet for fun and not share their problems or philosophy or something, that’s ok too. You don’t need to be some deep exposed person, or even participate, you can just lurk. I’m not trying to gatekeep. But there are definitely a lot of people who use it to cope and be ironic all the time and I hate being around that.

Some of this comes from people being faced with unhealthy expectations or prejudice but honestly every single group of people does (the rich just get to ignore most of it) and this post isn’t about that. I’m venting.

Also those who walk around in public and use FaceTime at the same time.
This AND people who put their phone on speaker in their car but with super high volume that goes through my windows 🙃 People speaking on the phone (and off the phone) loud when they don’t need to in general. Lmao I remember my mom telling me not to have my headphones in all the time but she does the exact same but WORSE now. She used to speak loud to her parents because they were very old and had poor hearing and that’s understandable but she does the same thing any time she’s on the phone or speaking to her sisters or MY sister in general. As if we’re deaf. I don’t get it, the only reason she doesn’t speak to ME louder is years of telling her that it annoys me, and because it’s her she thinks it’s an autistic trait and wwaaaahh I don’t like noise even though that was a misdiagnosis. No, you just don’t need to speak like that, come on. She also has her headphones in almost 24/7 if she isn’t watching TV or with her dad. Even when she’s sleeping. You have to be kidding me.
(note: no disrespect to anyone on the spectrum, I just get frustrated at my family holding it against me/assuming that’s why certain things bother me, despite it being a misdiagnosis. I’m not saying anyone on the spectrum reacts like my mom thinks or goes “wah”, she throws a hissy fit about certain things I ask for. I’m making fun of her.)

Last edited:
Yeah I get some people are hard of hearing so the speaker phone helps them out better, but they definitely could find more secluded places to do that in public.

@Drawdler It's an upbringing thing. Many people who talk loud do so because their entire family does. It's what they were brought up with, so they imitate that at a young age.

I do agree it is annoying because you can hear their entire conversation when you are actively trying not to. My one side of the family is very loud like that, but it is all of them, so it was the way they were brought up. People in the city are also more likely to be loud as opposed to those that live in a remote place due.

For example whenever I used to have a phone conversation with my uncle, I could legit extend my arm as far as I could and still hear him clearly lol.

when a property builds a fence just 1 foot away from another pre-existing fence on an adjacent property, so now there's a weird gap in between two fences, not to mention one fence is taller than the other and a different color

like. just stick with the pre-existing fence please

Lumber is so dang expensive these days. The people building fences don't seem to apply here, but it's a possibility depending on the quality of their wood. I do agree in a community things like that stick out like a sore thumb.

You know trim wood? It's the stuff that goes on the bottom of a room's wall to give it that finished edge look. Just a little bit of that for a small room costs almost $200. It's so gross lol.

In my garage that I am working on, I have one door to cabinets that I am building and it doesn't match all the rest when I stained it. The colors it brought out look so different. But it was scrap wood that I got and I cleaned/fixed it up. I can't afford wood with how much it has went up, so as pathetic as it sounds I always take scrap wood wherever I can find it lol.

Hell there’s even a difference between this and being lighthearted. If someone just wants to use the internet for fun and not share their problems or philosophy or something, that’s ok too. You don’t need to be some deep exposed person, or even participate, you can just lurk. I’m not trying to gatekeep. But there are definitely a lot of people who use it to cope and be ironic all the time and I hate being around that.

Some of this comes from people being faced with unhealthy expectations or prejudice but honestly every single group
Yeha it's like you have to be a woke history book these days and you're not allowed to even casually play a game cause someone will bring up real life issues or stuff like, come on.

Lumber is so dang expensive these days. The people building fences don't seem to apply here, but it's a possibility depending on the quality of their wood. I do agree in a community things like that stick out like a sore thumb.

You know trim wood? It's the stuff that goes on the bottom of a room's wall to give it that finished edge look. Just a little bit of that for a small room costs almost $200. It's so gross lol.

In my garage that I am working on, I have one door to cabinets that I am building and it doesn't match all the rest when I stained it. The colors it brought out look so different. But it was scrap wood that I got and I cleaned/fixed it up. I can't afford wood with how much it has went up, so as pathetic as it sounds I always take scrap wood wherever I can find it lol.

This is so true, LOL. When I was working at Lowe's in the lumber section (the previous job I had), the lumber was SO expensive. And people came in and bought it anyway. They would shell out like, tons of one hundred dollar bills and I'm just like, dang, you really going to waste your money like that? So ridiculous, and I was just a cashier. :LOL:

This continues a little from my last rant and how people talk about stuff I guess, but people also get too hung up on “objective” arguments imo. Its not bad to be passionate about it or debate objective standards, but it is bad to gatekeep from casual chat with it like “how do you not like this, youre stupid” unironically/to pick on people and yes, I’ve heard a lot of this from people who used the irony card as an excuse.
Even the opposite of “this is bad, everyone else is stupid” can be toxic, not only have I seen people act like that but I know because I used to be that way lmao. And then just making every discussion about being objective is kind of just boring to me, so not for me I guess.

It’s just like discussing what art is. It doesn’t actually matter what art is, or what objective rankings are. Just make an argument, make your points, etc. You don’t need to be hung up on an arbitrary definition or consensus. You can use those things to try and articulate your opinion, but it shouldn’t be the other way around where “you should like this because xyz” and forcing that on others, or you trying to force yourself. It’s the opinions that matter, the consensus and what people consider “objective” still comes from common subjective opinions and those things make up the meat of discussions. Discussions of objectivity feel more like their own thing and more meta. You can learn from them, but they shouldn’t be the end-all-be-all. The subject should come before the review.

I really don’t hate the idea of objectivity like this post might imply- it’s very useful and can be very fun- I just hate how people treat it, like when people force the “you’re stupid because you don’t like this thing it’s amazing”, or the opposite as I mentioned. Like, isn’t that literally a form of fanboying.

(If you’re wondering why I don’t think it matters what counts as art it’s because it doesn’t really matter if you can find meaning or debate something anyway, wether you can arbitrarily call it “art”, as if that makes it grander.)

Last edited:
People should stop saying things are "underrated". A lot of games/movies/etc are branded as such, despite having loads of fans and are popular. Christ, most people don't even know what it means, anymore, so it's just applied to everything that apparently isn't "well-received" enough and I hate it. It's just as annoyingly-entitled as the term "overrated". Obscure media and such have more value to them when they're niche. Instead of lamenting about how much something "deserves" to be recognized by lots of people, just be glad it exists at all and enjoy it. Not everything is going to be catered to everyone.

Back