• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

People who spend, in a non-abusive way, thousands on like smokes/snuff, "snus"/alcohol drinks going out then they complain on people who buy like records or anime merch that it's "a waste" and "you should save money"

Like okeydokey bruthur your habits are as addictive and expensive, lol.

People who spend, in a non-abusive way, thousands on like smokes/snuff, "snus"/alcohol drinks going out then they complain on people who buy like records or anime merch that it's "a waste" and "you should save money"
I worked at a convenience store inside an airport, and I’ve had so many people try to use meal vouchers to buy cigarettes. Meal vouchers for delayed flights are only to be used for food and drinks. How hard is that to understand?

Not only that, but these people get angry when I would refuse to sell them cigarettes this way.

Last edited:
I worked at a convenience store inside an airport, and I’ve had so many people try to use meal vouchers to buy cigarettes. Meal vouchers for delayed flights are only to be used for food and drinks. How hard is that to understand?

Not only that, but these people get angry when I would refuse to sell them cigarettes this way.
jesus christ, do they really think it's qualified as food LOL.

sounds like those nuts at border security [country] trying to smuggle food rofl.
-

also linear/regular tv channels transitioning to streaming online exclusives is just stinky... like i probs don't care for like 80% of new series but it's like bro people still use TVs lol...

People who use the AC 24/7 from May - September (Canada weather). Like please open a window and get some fresh air. It's 15C, it's not hot. Why is the AC running.

Where I live we run our AC from April through October. Obviously, I live in a completely different climate - South-Central US, as opposed to Canada. We're lucky to have a day that hits only 59F (15C) anywhere within that range.

Nevertheless, 60s and 70s can make a house feel very warm under certain conditions (if it's sunny and your room faces the afternoon sun). Opening windows doesn't help because it just lets more of the warm sun in, as well as insects.

When I lived in an apartment with a window unit, I turned on the AC during the winter when it got into the 60sF+. I feel no shame, my apartment was far too warm.

People who use acronyms and assuming others will automatically understand. There's tons of media out there, what are the odds that someone will know what a specific one stands for? I can understand if it's on a forum or fandom wiki or wherever else it makes sense, but how will I know 'BatIM' means "Bendy and the Ink Machine" if I've never played the game?
And sometimes things will have the same acronym, thus making them even more confusing. We all know that AC refers to Animal Crossing on this forum, but say you were at a gaming convention - It could also stand for Assasin's Creed. 🤷‍♀️

People who use acronyms and assuming others will automatically understand. There's tons of media out there, what are the odds that someone will know what a specific one stands for? I can understand if it's on a forum or fandom wiki or wherever else it makes sense, but how will I know 'BatIM' means "Bendy and the Ink Machine" if I've never played the game?
And sometimes things will have the same acronym, thus making them even more confusing. We all know that AC refers to Animal Crossing on this forum, but say you were at a gaming convention - It could also stand for Assasin's Creed. 🤷‍♀️
this and the same with memes like, not everyone hang around 9gag or reddit, lol.

also, people obviously reading your messages but proceeds on ignoring it just cause... like ok if you don't like me posting whatever it was tell me, lol.

People should stop saying things are "underrated". A lot of games/movies/etc are branded as such, despite having loads of fans and are popular. Christ, most people don't even know what it means, anymore, so it's just applied to everything that apparently isn't "well-received" enough and I hate it. It's just as annoyingly-entitled as the term "overrated". Obscure media and such have more value to them when they're niche. Instead of lamenting about how much something "deserves" to be recognized by lots of people, just be glad it exists at all and enjoy it. Not everything is going to be catered to everyone.
I saw someone say Yoko Shimomura is underrated. I want to know what their logic was.
Post automatically merged:

Ughh sadly I don’t think I can edit this into my last post but I will say I think this depends on the community, context, medium, etc. like typing Close To The Edge every time is pretty annoying compared to CTTE. For shorter ones I kind of get it. I’m mixed on this one.

Plus in that example you could search “batm game” and probably find that it was Bendy And The Ink Machine but for shorter ones finding that answer is more annoying

Anyway, what I came here to say before I got more sidetracked was the prevalance of fawning over female anime characters like it’s the whole personality and just how this “waifu culture” is everywhere… like having fictional crushes, normal. But, that kind of waifu culture and the way people speak about it sometimes rubs me the wrong way and makes me dislike being AFAB more 😔 It’s not really something bad or anything… it’s just anime girls and this kinda stuff always feel like they’re in my face, it’s kind of a me thing being bothered this much by it. But like, can there be more normal anime conversations without waifuism overshadowing the entire fandom?
I feel like gaming and anime are particularly iffy about this kind of stuff and “woah you’re girl gamer/anime fan” and I hate that and it is part of why I quit both. It’s just uniquely bad in their case, I’m so glad this forum isn’t like that.

Last edited:
Pet peeves category. Co-workers inviting you to meetings just to include you but you have 0 reason to attend them unless someone who would do it gets sick or stuff. It's nice that you ask but... bruh. No.

Indoor flies appearing out of nowhere just circling around, it doesn't even help trying to get them out they just are in the middle of the room and you can't smash them cause they be hiding.

Some of my pet peeves is when you try to love on someone and they completely just ignore you or give no sign that you’re doing so like, what?
Another one of mine is
Loud smacking OUUU do I hate that so much .. it makes me uncomfortable but I know some people like little kids can’t help it cause they don’t know any better but it just makes me very uncomfortable..
Another one is rude people that is rude for no apparent reason and don’t care about how others feel they just say whatever they feel that will hurt the other persons feelings .. it’s really upsetting cause that other person doesn’t know what they done wrong.

I hate when people are are all drama and try to play the victim when they are clearly in the wrong. I really need to cut the drama from my life. This is pretty much why most of my friends or people I get along with are older. Not to generalize, but drama only exists with people under 21 (at least in my life and from my personal experience). I’ve met some mature minors, but it’s not very many, that’s for sure.

When you’re inviting a friend to hang out with you and they don’t respond instead of just saying no. To make things worse they don’t reply to you at all until you change the subject.

I was thinking about things and came up with another really good one.

People who judge your character without even knowing much about you. Unless you've been around me long enough to know what I'm like and what I've been through, you have absolutely no right to judge my character. You should just shut up (no one has done this to me recently, but I was just thinking about it).

Back