• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

Yeah, same here, I used to have a friend that would make plans and then just not be around. Needless to say, I stopped being friends with her. It’s just a respect thing.
Definitely. It's the same reason I dropped mine out of my life. A real friend wouldn't keep doing that. Your time is just as precious as theirs. Most times they would flake close to or the day of, but the final straw was when it was the hour of the outing and they didn't even cancel or notify. They just never showed. I was just so done that I didn't even bother wasting words of them.

People that can't make up their mind about whether they want to be part of social media as well randomly deleting everyone they follow only to follow them back a few months later. Either stick with the site you want to be a part of (including those you want follow) or move on indefinitely.

Even so, you can’t believe everything someone says online. I barely believe anything someone says online. Those types of people prey on innocent people who have a heart, giving to those in need. Some of them don’t even need it and everything is, at least, somewhat exaggerated.
Yeah, I managed to accidentally see some of those on Insta because their dumb suggestions and I was 🤏 this close hitting the report button cause their tone was so beg-esque and fake-sounding.

And some of their reasons for doing it is also very bs.
Post automatically merged:

I’d say my biggest pet peeve is not being replied to in general. Whether it’s a text, a message on a social media platform of any kind, an email. Just…reply. I don’t care if it says that you don’t want to reply, just say that then. I just find in incredibly inconsiderate to not give ANY reply. In case it’s not obvious, I’m talking about your general day to day interactions. This does NOT include a situation of a toxic or dangerous nature. By all means, please don’t reply if that is the situation.
Yeah, esp. if you can tell they are online and probably talking to others. If you don't like me, tell me instead of ghosting and to be "polite"

I hate when people you block or obviously don’t talk to still try to communicate with you as if you aren’t blocked. I’m likely not going to see your message if you’re blocked nor do I care what you have to say. /nobodyhere

I hate when people you block or obviously don’t talk to still try to communicate with you as if you aren’t blocked. I’m likely not going to see your message if you’re blocked nor do I care what you have to say. /nobodyhere
Yeah it's like, if I block someone there is a reason behind it... ^

I really hate how unnatural most content creators sound on YouTube. You can tell when someone is purposely deepening their voice or putting on a higher pitched voice for the camera. I’ll turn off the video if it gets too annoying. I’m not watching a movie. I don’t want to feel like I’m watching an actor. Sometimes I just want hear natural sounding people…

I really hate how unnatural most content creators sound on YouTube. You can tell when someone is purposely deepening their voice or putting on a higher pitched voice for the camera. I’ll turn off the video if it gets too annoying. I’m not watching a movie. I don’t want to feel like I’m watching an actor. Sometimes I just want hear natural sounding people…
Ewww I agree. "Heyyyy what's up everybody?!?!" Why do they always have to yell?

I know I said this before but I’m really tired of how loud people around me speak. My partner said they have the same thing with people around them. It always feels like these people trying to yell over eachother. Tbh I think it’s bad manners if they constantly can’t adjust to you and quiet down and only speak with a loud voice. I don’t really think it’s just a city thing because I recently met people who live in the city who had a normal speaking voice and here I am in the suburbs with my room rumbling from my family being so loud. I hate this very much or I wouldn’t be posting about it again. Society is too noisy these days.

in general people also ignore the problems of overpopulation. They see things gentrified and cheap cramped blocks, they complain about that, but cheer when the country/community gets bigger. I remember when i was a kid my mom was happy my area was cheap to live in and even then i was like “no thats bad, its going to draw in lousy people” and to my behest i was right on that

Remixes with anime characters on it when it has nothing to do with anime. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying it's bad and I'm sure a lot of people like it, but it also doesn't really fit with the song.
Yes, because Nezuko (correct me if I'm wrong, I have no idea who this character is) really screams "Camel by Camel". At this point I'll take Ankha instead, because at least it fits with the theme more.
Again, don't get me wrong. I do like this remix, I just don't know what's up with the anime character.
This is a personal + petty thing but you just reminded me of someone who I thought was my friend, now years ago I used to be really into anime, I tried sharing it with them and they never gave it a chance at all. But when they got newer friends who were into anime suddenly they were extremely into it. I hate that. I hate when people don’t give something you suggest a chance but they make “better” friends and then try the thing you were suggesting, and leave you out of it. And like, I spoke with those people who were this guy’s friend too. I really felt like crap with how he treated me. So in summary: my pet peeve is when you try suggesting stuff and friends don’t give it a chance but if someone “cooler” suggests it then they do it. I also have a friend who is joking almost 24/7 and never tries anything new and is actually annoying about it because he even makes jokes about haha no I’ll try it if I feel like it 😌 I need better friends at this point (and to stop sticking to the same people. Ive made myself insular which bothers me too)

if i was an annoying weeb or something which i considered, it hurt me thinking about how the guy wouldnt just tell me, and i made a point of that and people not being honest when i asked to be open etc

another pet peeve: alcoholics. Smoking has been shunned by many at this point, alcoholism still isn’t yet. I’m not talking about one or two here or there. I’ve never tried it but I don’t think it’s that bad. But people act like being alcoholic (as in drunk regularly) is just quirky

on a lighter note: sunny side up is frustratingly, shockingly annoying to get right and one of the worst forms of egg. You either undercook which has no appeal since it’s this weird gooey jelly thing that’s firm enough it isn’t any fun, or you overcook it and it has this methane taste to it (this is one of the things I spit up the fastest. There isn’t much food I just spit out, but egg like that tastes and feels disgusting, it genuinely makes me gag). Genuinely why cook it over omelette honestly.
also, eggs from America are actually disgusting, they wash good bacteria off from the shell which is unhealthy and while this is super petty the pure white look of the shell is clinical and offputting

Last edited:
Yeah especially some female squeaky voices, everyone turn on the same pitch when explaining stuff on social media or stuff and I'm like, can someone talk in a normal tone lol?

Do any other Australians get really tired of how left out you feel of things? Sales, availability of stuff, time zones, idk if I can change this or it’s because of my ingame hemisphere but even on this forum the seasonal look does not match my hemisphere and the simple fact we have opposite seasons is always forgotten. I legit know people who didn’t know that was a thing until I mentioned it, same for us not having snow (second is mostly just funny though). Feels like we always have to do time conversion, at least UKers get it provided sometimes, but even my partner can’t remember what time it is for me off the top of their head (oh well). I feel like people in other countries are either instantly intrigued by you being Australian because it seems so foreign, or it only causes issues and you get left out. It’s not really surprising the internet is US-centric, but the extent to which it is still always shocks me and often genuinely upsets me. I‘ve even seen AU-borne communities/servers turn into this, it’s so ubiquitous. I also feel like AUers aren’t as readily available online, because I’ve never had a close friend from the same country, it’s always been flaky or quiet or busy people. I can’t even really find these AU communities that are active anymore. The internet is much lonelier for me if I actually take care of my sleep schedule, compared to rampant all-nighters that align with the timezones of the northern hemisphere better. It can’t just be me, I used to be and sometimes still am really lonely when it’s evening here and I want to hang out online. I can’t blame people for being focused on/living by their own time zone but damn the amount of people who don’t even recognise the seasons and how unincluded it is.

Last edited:
- some loud noises are somewhat annoying to me. also just certain types of constant/repetitive noises. i can't name many examples but like its more of an in the moment thing

- people who don't cover their mouths when they cough is a lil' bit annoying-

- oh right also when i was revising for my exams in the summer, i absolutely hated any noise downstairs when i was trying to work.
it had to be silent or i'd get real annoyed-

Last edited:
Goddamn, it's annoying to see people drag their feet when they walk because I can hear the constant sliding. I know some people can't help it, but Christ...

Also, unrelated note: people talk too damn much, especially on the radio.
Youtubers who blab and blab before actually getting to the point of the video irk me to no end. Stop setting so many disclaimers and explanations of what you're about to show me. Just show me!

I hate it when I click on a website and instead of pulling up the front page it redirects me to the App Store. If I wanted the app I would’ve looked it up on the store. I don’t need the app if I’m going out of my way to visit the webpage specifically.

I hate it when I click on a website and instead of pulling up the front page it redirects me to the App Store. If I wanted the app I would’ve looked it up on the store. I don’t need the app if I’m going out of my way to visit the webpage specifically.
Fully agree. I hate how everything has an app now. I don't want that clutter.

Pet peeves category...

Sites who prompts you to turn off adblock, but hen you do it still keeps prompting and not allowing you in. And same with malware sites that wants you to turn it off like...no.

Pet peeves category...

Sites who prompts you to turn off adblock, but hen you do it still keeps prompting and not allowing you in. And same with malware sites that wants you to turn it off like...no.
"We need it to keep the site running!" lol sorry still no.

"We need it to keep the site running!" lol sorry still no.
yeha especially when its large newspapers/tabloid or just company sites be like "lol **** u still got it on"... yeah what do u think i dont want your nude female shaving ads in my face thanks.

I don’t like when people get all worked up over things that don’t affect them. Like if someone is gay, how does that hurt you? On a lighter note, if someone is eating a food you dislike, how does that affect you? If it doesn’t affect you, and especially if it’s out of your control, just let it be. Don’t get all stressed over minuscule things.

Back