• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

I've seen some people type their sentences with the first letter of the word being uppercased, like this:

I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't heard of anyone else who also gets annoyed by this, if I recall correctly...
My brother used to do this a lot. I really hated it.

After I got a new router, my Nintendo 2DS won't connect to the internet, because of the security key settings. I can't change it to WEP. I tried connecting it to my mobile hotspot with an open network. It connects but whenever I try to access ACNL online features, I keep getting an error code. It is really annoying me as I really wanted to play NL again and buy some fruit/items from members here! I will have another go at the mobile hotspot later.

Okay I need to say this because this is something that just puts me in a bad mood. It makes my blood boil when characters in stories always have to point the blame when there is no evidence to prove their wrong doing. Its always assumptions and speculations.

I can’t stand when people ignore or act like someone doesn’t exist. I’ve had it happen to me in real life where this girl has not said a single word to me in over a span of a year. I worked with her. She only recently finally said something to me and it was flabbergasting, since she was acting like we just met even if I’ve seen her multiple times. I’m sure she’s nice but our first time communicating was literally a year after we “met.” Plus, she was respectful in the one conversation we did have a whole year later.

It sucks being ignored because when people dislike you, at least they treat you like you exist. You get the feeling that you don’t really exist when someone ignores you. Like, am I not there? I think that’s one of my biggest pet peeves. I’m glad we started communicating and that she’s not a jerk, but the whole past year was super confusing with her literally ignoring me. Like, walking back to an area where I’m at and saying “oh, there’s nobody back here.” That was confusing???

With me being a commercial vehicle driver, I’ve seen some really dumb decisions being made on the road that annoy the heck out of me. Perfect example being with my school bus. When that arm comes out and flashes “STOP”, it means you stop. It does not mean “gun it” or “slow down and yield”, no. Stop and wait. The moment you pass that arm, you’re liable to get a hefty ticket.

Buses are starting to become equipped with cameras on the sides to catch plate numbers of cars who decide to make these poor decisions. For those that know people in real life that aren’t particularly good drivers, let them know not to do this, because we WILL catch them.

I've seen some people type their sentences with the first letter of the word being uppercased, like this:

I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't heard of anyone else who also gets annoyed by this, if I recall correctly...

I admittedly used to do that, but I now cringe at the fact. It doesn’t look right. I thought it looked neater.
You guys wouldn't like me much lol

People wearing their everyday shoes all around the house (and sometimes even laying in bed with their shoes still on). Especially if your house has rugs and/or carpeting!!!! gah!!!! I hate it so much

Just take your shoes off at the entrance 😤

Sometimes, I’ll be on dating apps (really dumb things to be on in the first place, I know), and I’ll encounter many, many profiles that look legit via photos, but there is almost no effort put into them describing themselves. Like, how am I supposed to know what you like and what your interests are? I can’t be going in blind here.

And there also seems to be a weird trend of this happening A LOT if they attend a very specific school that’s near me. It’s mostly only this school, which I find strange. No wonder I’ve found no success.

When videos on job interviews have conflicting advice. For example, "keep it simple but interesting." How do you create "interesting" without embellishing a bit? Simple to me is going from point A to B. No fluff in between, no humor, no pretty words, nothing.

Sometimes when I'm getting my keys cut, the sound of the key cutting device reminds me of a propellor which always makes me think of that scene from Splash where there was a propellor. I hate Tom Hanks. I will not be getting any more keys cut.

Dear Google Chrome:

Not every single .exe file on the internet is dangerous. Please do me a small favor, and QUIT ANNOYING ME BY AUTOMATICALLY BLOCKING EVERY SINGLE .EXE I DOWNLOAD. This is file association discrimination at its finest, and it needs to stop. Thank you.

Love,
A Loyal Customer

Munchausen Syndrome, nothing at all is quirky or cute about living with mental,physical or whatever kind of disabilty there is.

Especially when people do it for social media clout not cool at all whatsoever.

People that call mumble rap "excellent music". I'm sorry, you mean to tell me that these rap songs - where I can barely understand what they're saying, repeating annoying phrases over and over, and themselves throwing a certain racial slur every 12 seconds - are actually good? Were you guys raised on Mars or something? I can't even have myself listen to more than 20 seconds of shlock like that, and I'm 23.

And then I hear that some critics have called some of these artists "influential". That's just pathetic. Look, some of the artists I've ever found to be incredibly influential in music history are The Beatles (and all four of its members), Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen, Jimi Hendrix and Elton John. All of these artists (and more that would take forever to list) were major influences on newer artists. And the best part? Their music is actually considered tolerable by a lot of people both young and old. Mumble rap? Yeah, try having your parents get into that. I'm sure they'd be thrilled to know what it's about.

Adults gatekeeping Halloween to just “little kids”. Someone in the comments of Nextdoor mentioned this. Like who cares about the age!? People in the US don’t become adults until they turn 18. Let them soak in as much as they can of this holiday.

Getting sore bumps on my tongue - either by accidental hard biting or excessive "tooth cleaning" - is really annoying. I've been kind of using it as a way to try and get food crumbs out of a half-chipped tooth in my mouth (I'm scheduling two root canals soon), but it usually doesn't work and I have to floss instead. I suppose I'm doing it too often as I can feel a tiny bump in the front of my tongue right now. It goes away after a day or two, but still.

My bad hygienic habits in general just suck, and ironically I consider myself one that likes to be clean all the time. Once I start doing something often, it becomes hard to stop. Since my teen years, I've only quit biting off my fingernails with my teeth and started using nail clippers, which has helped greatly and largely prevents hangnails from occurring. I don't feel comfortable sharing anything else, but I will say that I've got a few other "bad" habits that I need to stop doing.

Last edited:
When people treat the library as a playground for their kids rather than a fun place to get books. The running and shrieking is not it, guys and girlies.

People wearing their everyday shoes all around the house (and sometimes even laying in bed with their shoes still on). Especially if your house has rugs and/or carpeting!!!! gah!!!! I hate it so much

Just take your shoes off at the entrance 😤
People don't really think about it, but they walk on all sorts of nasty stuff during the day. Public restrooms especially. It might not look like it, but you just stepped on pee. And now you're walking with your pee shoes all over your house. When I was a kid and even now I take my shoes off in my house. My dad would always walk in with his boots dropping mud chunks everywhere for my mom to clean up.

I personally don't like people who are noisy eaters. You aren't a dog or cow. Learn some basic manners.

Something I’ve just now noticed - I’ll be browsing stuff on Best Buy, Newegg, etc. and setting certain filters to see only things that meet those filters. However, there are a bunch of sponsored items littered throughout that will appear in the search results that have nothing to do with the things I filtered my search for in the first place (e.g. seeing a bunch of $1,200 Windows 2-in-1 Laptops when I’m trying to search for cheap <$400 laptops with no touchscreens). It’s really annoying because I’ll see a good item, but notice that its price is ridiculous and have to skip it. It happens way too often, and it’s annoying.

Back