• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

I don't understand why some people write "q" in place of "a."

Cakepop and Cqkepop are not the same thing. I think it's dumb and obviously others doing it doesn't affect me at all but I truly don't understand the point? Like, is the "q" only to make words look prettier?

when people pick up their phone and start scrolling while you're talking to them....my partner does this a lot and mmm its excruciating

Fly buzzing. I hate it so much. Especially the sound when they stick to walls. If all flies were just muted, I wouldn’t hate them as much.

When the TV is too loud... I think Im just sensitive to the noise, but my family always had the TV on louder than i like and I usually have to go to my room with headphones or cover my ears. And when I'm watching TV by myself, my dad always says "Why do you watch TV so quiet??" Then he turns it up...
And sometimes my dad listens to music loudly using the TV, and it just bugs me so much!

The use of the thumbs-up in a dismissive or passive-aggressive way!! I will forever associate the thumbs-up sign with the incredibly wholesome and good-hearted energy of Rock Lee and Might Guy and I will not let that be tainted 😤

best-rock-lee-quotes.jpg

The use of the thumbs-up in a dismissive or passive-aggressive way!! I will forever associate the thumbs-up sign with the incredibly wholesome and good-hearted energy of Rock Lee and Might Guy and I will not let that be tainted 😤

View attachment 510004

Agreed! Also, Rock Lee is my favorite Naruto character (and Might Guy by association). Their antics are hilarious, but they're also super strong. 😭

the fact that my mum uses the peace sign emoji to convey annoyance with me via text. its so passive-aggressive, which IS in my mums nature but she'll do it to convey that shes annoyed at me for the most mediocre and regular issues like... girl stop doing that ✌️

Indeed's computer layout for job posts. Seriously, who approved it? You only get a 4 in. screen to scroll through the job description. The top part has a massive section for a banner, job title, pay (if it even mentions that), and so on.

When people separate every. single. clip. in a compilation video with those colored bars and the ringing noise. It’s lowkey obnoxious. Also, I have nonstop tinnitus so I hear enough ringing, thank you very much.

I can't stand when I see grammatical mistakes while I am typing something. I have to go back, correct everything and then move on. It sounds like nothing much, but when you're taking notes when following a lesson, it can be a little annoying.

When people say "this offends me" when referring to something they don't like and it's not even remotely offensive. It sounds dumb and it doesn't make sense. There are much better ways to say "I dislike this".

When a family member thinks it’s a funny idea to dump things in the sink while I’m washing plates and just squeezed out the sponge, so I have to get more soap. Trust me, it is an extreme issue.

Somewhat similar to the last post, I hate it when I need to microwave something but my dad or my brother leaves food in the microwave

When I take a whole minute to remember the word for “good” in Spanish ‘cause I learned lots of German in my life and my brain just goes into “second language mode”. I feel bad ‘cause I just stand there like uhhhhhhhh internally screaming at myself to stop the instinct to say “gut”.

I've seen some people type their sentences with the first letter of the word being uppercased, like this:

Hi, Nice To Meet You, I'm A Random User Online Who Likes Drawing And Video Games.

I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't heard of anyone else who also gets annoyed by this, if I recall correctly...

Back