• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

People who act like everything's totally fine after they've wronged you.

Also, why was this moved to Brewster's instead of the basement. .-.
The basement flooded from all the rain.

This one is an unpopular opinion, but I hate it when other 20 somethings or 30 something’s call themselves old. Like no, my 86 year old grandparents are old. It’s sooooo common online for people to do this. I don’t think anyone is old at all until they’re 60.
It probably doesn't help that if anyone posts anything online that should date them all of the idiots come out of the woodwork to call it out. I see it happen all the time on Twitter and garbage places like that.

I don't get why some people have to use an exclamation mark when describing an alternative version of a certain character on the internet. For example: Baby!Mario

It is really annoying. I wonder if it's some new meme I've not heard of before, or if it's an internet fad of some kind.
I've seen this in fanfiction to describe alternative (or AU) versions of characters, but it's usually in the title and not in the work itself. (For example, "vampire!Peach x reader".)

I don't get why some people have to use an exclamation mark when describing an alternative version of a certain character on the internet. For example: Baby!Mario

It is really annoying. I wonder if it's some new meme I've not heard of before, or if it's an internet fad of some kind.
Reminds me of that thing I hate where people online say a character’s first name and then the piece of entertainment they’re from with no “from” in between. Like saying “Sans Undertale” instead of “Sans from Undertale.” The grammar fiend in me just wants a “from” in between the words really badly.

I forgot this one.

People who refer themselves as an empath or something and assume that automatically makes them nice/kind or something lol.
Empath isn’t even a real medical psychology term too which is why it’s so crazy to me so many people call themselves that.

I feel like a lot of people who use the “this game has PS2 graphics” statement haven’t actually played a PS2 game in a long time. A lot of the games given that descriptor look more like low budget early 7th generation games rather than the average PS2 game. Also labeling any game with “bad” graphics “PS2 game graphics” is a huge generalization when there were great looking games on the system that still hold up like Okami thanks to their art.

The word 'Antisocial' being used to describe someone who is simply reserved or introverted. I have seen mountains of people who label themselves introverts with this word. If you're not going around causing harm to others like being really manipulative/reckless and not giving a single care, then you're not antisocial.

I will be updating this. I have a few pet peeves, and they are...
  • When people say "ur mom". What about her? (copy-pasted from my first post in this thread)
  • The current way "literally" is used. Whatever happened to using that word to describe figurative language in a literal sense?
  • When people swear. No, really. It makes me uncomfortable. I put this as a pet peeve because it should be normal for me to get used to it by now.
I may have more but I can't think of anything else at the moment. I'll post here again when I do.

The word 'Antisocial' being used to describe someone who is simply reserved or introverted. I have seen mountains of people who label themselves introverts with this word. If you're not going around causing harm to others like being really manipulative/reckless and not giving a single care, then you're not antisocial.

A girl in my science class shouted 'anti social' at me across the classroom after I couldn't find anyone to pair up with for a partner project.

It was pretty cruel and thoughtless.

I think one of my pet peeves is having certain words shorten, and people expecting me to realise what it stands for.
Like, if you write it normally at first with the shorten letters beside it, then I will understand but out of the blue, don't get fustrated at me if I asked what that is. And google doesn't help if those words are also used for another stand in for other words.

When someone hates you so much they say a bunch of horrible things about you out loud and when someone says stop since you’re within earshot they say “I don’t care.”

Oddly enough this has happened to me at least three times.

agree to disagree but i hate it when people start fights because another person cut in line. i know that it’s rude to cut in line and maybe im just too submissive to argue but bro.. you’re at a walmart, let it go.

Last edited:
I don’t know how I haven’t posted this here and I hope it isn’t too adult for the site but I really hate being around people who are drinking.

Moreso after the last few months, if you’re doing more than a little sip, I am going away. It’s not fun seeing someone indulge that with my social preferences, and a lot of people will excuse it as just a little fun when they go have drinking nights, and I disapprove of drinking nights wholly.

Like, I’m asthmatic, and all of this is purely personal but I would rather hang around a smoker. This is of course assuming it’s just intermittent, but regardless they were always less offputting company.

Yes I hate it if you come up to me and tell me you got wasted like I should be excited for you, I hate how casually a drug like beer is treated, and I will judge you if you get wasted. If you’re in private I don’t care as long as you’re safe, if it’s a couple sips I will be weary but not judge, but I don’t want to spend time with people celebrating inebriation as a casual social activity. There’s a time and place for it, really didn’t expect to be prudish like this growing up, but keep it away from me. The way people try to peer pressure you into it doesn’t help either. Taking inhibitors but acting so much better and cooler.

And I know this just sounds like a normal distaste for it, like if people are being rude or something but I have a relentless dislike for people drinking. This seriously factors into who I am willing to be friends with, the way smoking does for most people. Lots of us avoid smokers due to hygiene reasons I think and the mental effect of drinkers is just that dumbfounding for me…

Last edited:
The fact that you have to use the e-mail verification randomized number code system needs to stop.

especially when you've lost your email or the email hosting site is completely dead. Can we just focus on providing better services for users instead of trying to bolster the "security" the worst way possible?

Sending an email or phone call to an company just to delete your account. I guess it has something to do with security, but still.

Back