pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

(I’m sure some variant of this had been posted before)

Today there was a guy watching political TikToks on full blast, without any headphones. It wasn’t the political stuff that bothered me, but the constant scrolling through multiple different sounds and videos— including that annoying robot voice and some obnoxious stand-up comedy clips. It was…a lot.

Last edited:
I don't like seeing people gatekeep nostalgia.

'You can't be nostaglic about that. It was only 2018'!

We are all at different points in life and have different perceptions of time. Maybe a couple years ago somebody reached a happy place in life and associates a commercial with that.

The trend of stealing ai generated characters. First of all, the character’s traits were probably stolen from other artists. Second of all, it’s lazy as hell.
Why this is even a thing in the first place is stupid. Someone asked a computer to make a character for them, and therefore should have no right to claim it as their own. They need to realize that this "character" is really just a bunch of scanned images from the internet combined together quickly.

Speaking of AI, Google's latest ad campaign touting their latest "AI assistant" is a reminder of how lazy people can be when it comes to making new and creative things. I'm proud to say that I actually sit down and come up with ideas myself for the stories I've made on my island journal. Having a computer do it all is lazy and non-creative. What angered me the most is that I'm fairly positive one of the ads featured the parent of a child asking the AI assistant to create a story of the child's life so far. So, you mean to tell me that the parent was so inattentive to their child's major milestones that they forgot everything and asked a computer to make it all up? That is really bad if you ask me. If I was the child and found out later that my "biography" written by my "parent" was in fact AI-generated, I wouldn't want to speak to them ever again.

One of the ads even showed the "AI search results" feature that is pushed to the top of the page and you cannot turn it off. Google, let me remind you that promoting something on TV that you cannot turn off will annoy and anger a ton of people. Just stick to advertising your Pixel phones please.

Just thought of a new peeve, though I'm not sure if it counts as one or not. Anyway I'll post about it here.

I hate it when people tell me condescendingly to "think positive." It's good advice and all, but you have to say that to me in a specific way so I feel better. Being irritated about my negative mindset is only going to make me feel even worse than I already was.

Too many corporate sponsors for an event on TV. You know it is excessively bad when a thing that has a sponsor in the name already (such as, for example, “Pepsi Pitching Change”) is presented by another sponsor (“This 6th inning Pepsi Pitching Change is presented by Google”). Corporate-named stadiums are already stupid enough; you don’t need to shove even more sponsors and ads down my throat. Just use normal terms when explaining something and let me watch my game with as few ads as possible, for crying out loud.

I saved this image because it reminded of something I don't like.

When you use terms such as 'bagged this person' or even a certain 5 letter swear word that sorts with B.

It feels too dehumanizing. Like speaking of people as objects to gain rather than speaking of them as living beings.

Despite being, well, male. My instant reaction towards these images is 'how would I feel if someone categorized my loved ones this way'.

Even as a child this way of talking made me uncomfortable. (Needed to ramble and get this out of my system).

FB_IMG_1723500335829.jpg

putting things on the floor of your car. my family does this and i think it’s SO NASTY. for example, my mom will put her purse on the floor of her car and then put it on the table later, there are so many germs especially where people’s shoes touch. like i just went to a public bathroom and you just put your purse where my shoes were 😭

not shaming anyone who does this but i’m somewhat of a germaphobe and nobody seems to care about this as much as i do.

tbh the whole 'friend zone' thing makes me cringe.

Maybe my perspective is skewed (being aro). But why would anybody be unhappy with having a friend? Sometimes I wish I still had friends. Then you hear people who are fortunate enough to have friends complaining or using this term. Bleh.

It also sounds manipulative. Instead of respecting someone's decision (a personal choice not to be in a relationship) you ignore that and place a negative label on yourself, keeping an alternate motive that was already rejected.

I've just never liked it at all and the term gives me an immediate bad vibe.

When People incorrectly say a name/ sentence . Not like when people mispronounce something, when they LITERALLY re-create a WHOLE name and replace words. For example the show SuperNanny? My mom has came up with the name “Nanny 911”… LIKE how do you believe that and even come up with that! As well as restaurant names and song lyrics. 🥲

On top of THAT it pains me when someone is unobservant. For example, I could be driving and my friend would say “oh look that McDonald’s has closed down!” Like… ITS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN FOR 3 MONTHS NOW!!! It’s not like we live far away from it either so you would see it at least daily 😭

I’ve been working on not correcting people and if I do I try to say it kindly BUT that is literally something that kills me.

When People incorrectly say a name/ sentence . Not like when people mispronounce something, when they LITERALLY re-create a WHOLE name and replace words. For example the show SuperNanny? My mom has came up with the name “Nanny 911”… LIKE how do you believe that and even come up with that! As well as restaurant names and song lyrics. 🥲

On top of THAT it pains me when someone is unobservant. For example, I could be driving and my friend would say “oh look that McDonald’s has closed down!” Like… ITS HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN FOR 3 MONTHS NOW!!! It’s not like we live far away from it either so you would see it at least daily 😭

I’ve been working on not correcting people and if I do I try to say it kindly BUT that is literally something that kills me.
In your mom’s defense, there WAS a show called Nanny 911. It was different than Super Nanny because there were three different nannies (so not the same one each time.) When I was ten I wrote a fan letter to Nanny Stella and got an autographed picture. I still have it in my room. 😂

In your mom’s defense, there WAS a show called Nanny 911. It was different than Super Nanny because there were three different nannies (so not the same one each time.) When I was ten I wrote a fan letter to Nanny Stella and got an autographed picture. I still have it in my room. 😂
Oh lord now I owe my mom an apology 😭 i seriously thought she was crazy

Back