pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

^Agree about legs. Like stfu I keep them hairy if I want it's not an excuse for people to hit on you sheesh.

Also yeah when I used to work in a second hand store I got all bunch of weird old guys with not so good political onions that wanted to discuss and I was like.. no.. sigh..
Why are both of these always old men tbh

This happened a few years ago, I usually shave but I had missed a couple days (I was on vacation). I ended up getting stung by a jellyfish on the leg and my friend’s dad came over to make sure I was ok. He said something along the lines of “eww hairy legs, I thought you said you had a boyfriend.” I was like 16-17 (and in pain from a jellyfish sting at the time) and he still had to be a creep. So gross.

^I have no idea, i guess those are the twisted views one and think they can hit on way younger people. and should definitely not comment on whether someone shaves or not also that doesn't mean you're not a certain kind of sexual orientation either.

okay that was totally not asked for and he shouldn't have done that... gross people. im sorry man :/

If you can’t be on your phone and carry on our conversation at the same time then stay off your phone. If you can multitask like that then alright, that’s fine, though I’d prefer you not be on your phone. But seriously don’t do it if you can’t keep up with conversation.

A messy room can genuinely bring me to tears. I have no idea why, but it’s just so frustrating to me and evokes such a strong reaction in me.

I also have this weird thing about lights. If a room looks better or feels more atmospheric and mild with a certain light on or off, I’ll get mad if someone changes it.

I guess mine just really revolve around my kitchen? I cook and clean regularly so some of the things that bother me are like when I spend 1 to 2 hours making dinner and even wash the pots and pans myself. No one puts them away when they dry. They just sit in the strainer. Forever.

Another will be if one of my roomies volunteer to do dishes after I cook but forget or blow it off then they have caked over and are much harder to wash.

Not any one of them has, swept, mopped, wiped down the house or taken out the trash in months.

I feel like a live in maid for my friends.

• People who say "I'm sorry you feel that way" and "I'm sorry, but XYZ". Those aren't apologies. It's gaslighting and it's not taking responsibility for any wrongdoing.
  • On a similar note, people who believe intent > impact. Specifically those who don't apologize and empathize because "it wasn't their intention" and "they didn't mean it". I feel like it's telling the recipient of wrongdoing, "If you understood me, then you wouldn't have thought it was hurtful." It validates the offender's intentions and it invalidates the recipient's reactions.
  • People who say "does that make sense?" It seems condescending sometimes. Also it creates uncertainty and doubt on the speaker's ability to convey the message and the recipient's ability to understand the message. I believe there are better phrases to convey the message, such as "What questions do you have?" and "I'd like to hear your feedback." It initially bothered me when I heard a person speaking to someone who wasn't a native English speaker and they followed up with this phrase... bleh. It's probably not that deep, but I still think there are other alternatives to make it seem less like a filler and a "let's move on asap" thing.

A messy room can genuinely bring me to tears. I have no idea why, but it’s just so frustrating to me and evokes such a strong reaction in me.

I also have this weird thing about lights. If a room looks better or feels more atmospheric and mild with a certain light on or off, I’ll get mad if someone changes it.
A messy room causes negative emotions. It makes mental illnesses like depression worse, that’s why a lot of people recommend to clean your room if you’re dealing with sadness. :)

When people say "Let's go!" I always find myself cringing. I really, really, really dislike it. It's so petty and not a big deal at all, but I can't help it.

when parents/others bring up embarrassing things from your childhood randomly or just inappropriately... like stop

I hate this so much! It’s one of many reasons why I hate family gatherings. “Oh, but they’re your family.” “They're just teasing. Take a joke.” No. Nothing gives someone the right to belittle/embarrass me anywhere. If family members make you feel insecure or unsafe, you are not obligated to love them or even like them.

Societal emphasis on family importance enables this damaging (and sometimes abusive) behavior. Just because it’s normalized doesn’t mean that it’s okay. It’s not. Toxic family members are not absolved of their transgressions just because they’re related to you.

I can’t stand any type of noise when I’m reading or studying. It has to be silent, or I’ll be so turned off I’ll move spots hahaha.

I also don’t like it when people chew loudly. 😫 I tend to lose my appetite.

Hm, I don't know. A lot of stuff can irritate the best of us, and if I'm having an off day, most anything can make me miserable, but people that chew with their mouth open is definitely up there along with people who are rude to workers in the service industry. Kissing up to people all day is a hard enough job, so I try to be as pleasant as possible when purchasing or ordering from service workers. I know that maybe I can be a little bit overkill, but it's worth it over being a 'Karen' lol. Also, when people perpetuate unhealthy lifestyle choices or habits, it makes me really want to help them and it drives me nuts seeing those bad habits persevere. We should all be living our best lives. Be kind to one another. Don't sweat the small stuff. Smile often. Remember to breathe.

I hate this so much! It’s one of many reasons why I hate family gatherings. “Oh, but they’re your family.” “They're just teasing. Take a joke.” No. Nothing gives someone the right to belittle/embarrass me anywhere. If family members make you feel insecure or unsafe, you are not obligated to love them or even like them.

Societal emphasis on family importance enables this damaging (and sometimes abusive) behavior. Just because it’s normalized doesn’t mean that it’s okay. It’s not. Toxic family members are not absolved of their transgressions just because they’re related to you.
YES SO MUCH.. ugh and people wonder why I don't wanna show up at them :rolleyes:

Just because you're family doesn't mean you have the right to belittle or embarrass others :/

Wanting to eat something that I was saving, only to find out that somebody already ate it all without asking. I had once put some chocolate in refrigerator so it can harden up and soon came back and my chocolate was gone. My brother had ate it. Never asked if it was somebody’s, just ate it.

When i'm working and some of my colleagues just throw all their rubbish at their feet. Like i'll start work and find the tills looking like a garbage dump, with 100's of receipts screwed up and thrown on the floor, empty cigarette packaging scattered around too, and even empty bottles/coffee cups sometimes. There is really no excuse either, because we have a bin under every single till. Don't even get me started with the cardboard box fort that can form from people shelf stacking that are too lazy to put them in the cardboard cages, just ughhh. I usually find myself cleaning up for them because I just can't stand everywhere being messy ;-; I honestly could easily work as a cleaner instead haha.

Back