pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

Besserwisser people entering a discussion either to just win over people on their side or make the person starting it look like a bad egg... Like. no.

How casually homophobic some people on this website seem to be. Although honestly it's probably more than just a "pet peeve".

Edit: Ok, I thought of an actual pet peeve! When people are eating really smelly food on public transport. Just having some fruit or a sandwich is fine, but having a full fried meal that smells of mayonnaise when you're sitting next to me? Eww.

Last edited:
Noise when I'm trying to sleep. I need it to be dead silent otherwise I get jerked back awake. I find listening to white noise has helped me not get so angry since it blocks out sound.

People chewing with their mouth open. Have some manners.

Snoring. This goes with the "needs to be silent to sleep thing."

People showing up early when I'm still getting ready and then getting mad that I'm not ready yet. You said to be ready at 8. It's 7:45 meaning I still have 15 mins that I will use fully to my advantage.

Slow drivers. Go the speed limit at the very least or get off the road.
OMG I agree with the 1st and 3rd soooooooo much! -.-

. . .

I have too many to freaking list. .-.

People telling me to smile.

People having stacked dishes in their room then when I start washing dishes again, they dump all their dishes from days ago with crusted food and trash in them on me.

People putting their gum on their plate so they can eat their other food. People playing with their gum like, taking it out and swirling it or blowing bubbles. I curse the person that invented gum.

Talking to someone and then they don’t respond so I tell them again and they respond rudely “We heard you the first time...” ****ing respond the first time then you bag of dicks.

I have quit a few, but recently I discovered that people complaining about TikTok ruining songs kinda annoys me. Like, I'd go to YouTube and to a song after taking forever to find it, and the comments are flooded with people gatekeeping and stuff when I just want to talk about the song.
It's odd and I try to not let it get to me, but those are, like, the only comments there.

I have quit a few, but recently I discovered that people complaining about TikTok ruining songs kinda annoys me. Like, I'd go to YouTube and to a song after taking forever to find it, and the comments are flooded with people gatekeeping and stuff when I just want to talk about the song.
It's odd and I try to not let it get to me, but those are, like, the only comments there.
[/QUOTE
Same. That annoys me too.

People telling me to smile.
This or rather specifically asking me to do it with my teeth showing. They are kinda messed up and way too much spaces between some and some not, sadly they never fixed it as a kid on me. Like stop asking me I won't do it.

My biggest pet peeve is my little brother.. just in general. Sounds mean but let me explain him-
He NEVER comes out of him room. He plays fifa all day, screaming at his friends. He also eats all the noodles. My Mom literally bought 6 pots of instant ramen and he's managed to eat 5 of them in 1 day. Idk. He's just disgusting.

Mouth breathers are another pet peeve.

I get annoyed by a lot of stuff, but I suppose the main few that stick out are people who care too much about what other people look like/ are doing with their life when it doesn't involve them. I don't understand why it's seems threatening to some people to see others living a different lifestyle (My family does this a lot thank god I don't live with them anymore).

Also people who wear so much perfume/cologne that it can be smelled by the entire room because it gives me headaches and makes my nose burn. This is mostly a problem in my classes though :/ ( I can't even imagine what this would be like for someone with respiratory issues)

1. I don't like when people act lazy when they know full well they're very capable of doing something. An example is when someone stacks trash and knows it has reached its maximum capacity.
  2. I don't like people who blare their music or talk so loud when I'm trying to sleep. Especially when it's past curfew, which is 10 pm.
  3. I don't like when people walk slow down the center of the side walk.
  4. I don't like when cyclists ride their bikes on the sidewalk and don't give you a heads up that they're behind you. I don't have eyes in the back of my head.
  5. I don't like busybodies.
  6. I don't like my upstairs neighbor who constantly walks around and stomps when I'm trying to sleep.
  7. I don't like when I give an opposing opinion on something and they deem me as being mean or rude. No, it's me sharing my thoughts. I didn't belittle you.
  8. I don't like people who don't cover their cough or sneeze. Even if they have a mask on, I'm not taking chances.
  9. I don't like those people who don't stay six feet apart when in line and just get in my personal space. Back it up. I'm not trying to catch the Modelovirus.
  10. I don't like when people expect me to know how they're feeling. I understand that this conflicts with my opinion on my upstairs Mr. Stompity Stomp neighbor.
  11. I don't like when people don't have common sense.
  12. This should be number one, but I don't like self-entitled people.

People riding bikes in town showing no consideration to people walking.. at all. Stopped counting how many times I was _ this close being hit. Also when they do it with their kids in the back.

@Uffe I agree with 7.. like if people can't take opinions just.. shut it from start then.

Also people ruining jokes... I remember once I joked while walking with a then-friend on a narrow street with a lot of cars(and we were into a game related to it as well) and said I could probably drive that car but I'd crash into stuff and of course they ruined it by saying I could do that without crashing.. Like okay you can probably help it just.. stfu too.

Back