• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

being asked questions that have easy answers to them. my family members ask these types of questions a lot, when all it takes is a lil bit of a digging. such as 'what time is it?' or 'where's insert family member?' i get that you're curious, but sometimes the answer really is beneath their noses. or 'who's package is this?' when it has a label on it. i've just stopped answering them completely.

i also despise slow walkers, lol

Today’s new one:
- wearing a mask but then taking it off to talk/place an order. It. Makes. No. Sense. They’re supposed to help prevent microdroplets, so getting close to someone and then taking it off to talk is super pointless. I have a quiet voice myself and I get that trying to be loud enough in them suuucks but it’s still dumb to do this... It happens a ton at work.

Today’s new one:
- wearing a mask but then taking it off to talk/place an order. It. Makes. No. Sense. They’re supposed to help prevent microdroplets, so getting close to someone and then taking it off to talk is super pointless. I have a quiet voice myself and I get that trying to be loud enough in them suuucks but it’s still dumb to do this... It happens a ton at work.
Yes plus you will get whatever bacteria on your hands onto your mask and I don't think most people wash their hands/mask immediately after that either.

people trying to insert themselves into friend groups where they aren't wanted and mimicking the people within..... very strange behavior especially from adults
This one makes me sad because I feel like that’s me sometimes... people can be super cliquey and catty and making friends is hard sometimes, especially when you don’t have a ton of connections to start with.

This one makes me sad because I feel like that’s me sometimes... people can be super cliquey and catty and making friends is hard sometimes, especially when you don’t have a ton of connections to start with.
oh im not talking about new ppl trying to make friends rest assured 💗

People asking random off-topic things in conversations that obviously is not about that. Mostly my mom but in general, like you discuss dinner and then all of a sudden she asks like "do you have any contact with that person these days?" how is that relevant lol

Needles in my arm, hand, etc. IVs too. I'm sitting here in the hospital with an IV in and I'm dying.

Oh, I HATE needles. I might have a phobia, honestly. I have a panic attack nearly every time I get vaccinated. The feeling of it intruding into my skin just activates my fight or flight response for some reason.

Oh, I HATE needles. I might have a phobia, honestly. I have a panic attack nearly every time I get vaccinated. The feeling of it intruding into my skin just activates my fight or flight response for some reason.
Legit! They don't hurt but they're just so disgusting!
I looked down and saw the IV in my arm and instantly had to get laid down with a cold cloth on my forehead because I got sweaty and all white. I totally get what you mean with your flight response. I wanna get it taken out right now and hide or run away lol. I'm just not good with hospitals.

Sameee. It’s so bad that I tell the nurse ahead of time so that they can help distract me/hold my arm still. I hate it so much. It never hurts as bad as I think it will, either.

Agree about needles, especially blood tests (I only had it take from the inside of elbow and not thru finger so speaking for the former). I have a low blood pressure generally and it always makes me faint and the fact they keep it in rather than just press it quickly like a vaccination.. ughh.
--

Might have posted before, but people who can't speak out properly when they wanna meet up. You don't say "ayy see ya on friday?"... yeah sure can you tell me a place and time, seems like some people can't do that for life and it annoys me to no end. Like, just say "café C at 5 pm" and don't just assume I'll show up smfh.

Might have posted before, but people who can't speak out properly when they wanna meet up. You don't say "ayy see ya on friday?"... yeah sure can you tell me a place and time, seems like some people can't do that for life and it annoys me to no end. Like, just say "café C at 5 pm" and don't just assume I'll show up smfh.
Yeah that’s super annoying. I ~used to~ have a best friend who would pull this crap all the time. Her mom was super flaky too and would always cancel plans last minute, and that behavior rubbed off on my friend, unfortunately. She’d always wait for something better to come along before making concrete plans with me, or would make plans but cancel them right before so that she could go do something else. I eventually got tired of it and just ended the relationship. No one deserves to feel like they’re someone’s backup plan or last resort, so people should make specific plans and try their hardest to honor those!! Now if I meet someone and I get the sense that they’re like that, I’ll run for the hills right away 😅

Yeah that’s super annoying. I ~used to~ have a best friend who would pull this crap all the time. Her mom was super flaky too and would always cancel plans last minute, and that behavior rubbed off on my friend, unfortunately. She’d always wait for something better to come along before making concrete plans with me, or would make plans but cancel them right before so that she could go do something else. I eventually got tired of it and just ended the relationship. No one deserves to feel like they’re someone’s backup plan or last resort, so people should make specific plans and try their hardest to honor those!! Now if I meet someone and I get the sense that they’re like that, I’ll run for the hills right away 😅
Yeah, most of my co-workers are like that and suck organizing if they want to do something after work so there are like maybe 4 people out of those annoyances that show up (this was mostly before since they didn't do it that often but still BRUH). Both back-up plan people and those who can't just say things straight out annoys me, dunno which is worst sometimes for real...

But yeah I stopped caring about those people if they can't make proper plans or abuse you for second hand stuff.. I usually don't bother showing up so.
--

Also another pet peeve, people calling after 8-9 pm when it's not an emergency.. Just don't.

Legit, either make a plan with me or don't. I don't have time for that. I don't want to base my life around your schedule and then have you cancel on me. My ex's best friend would ALWAYS cancel on him and he'd act all surprised when it happened. He would tell me the friend was coming over and I was like yeah, no he's not. Low and behold he never did. I would have just stopped asking to hang out but apparently my ex had more patience than I.

Late but people casually defending others when they shouldn't... like if that person obviously couldn't do that maybe they shouldn't and you shouln't blame it on his "priorities".... maybe we should have had someone else on it just admit it lol

Back