pet peeves / lil stuff you cant stand

when people don't listen and make you repeat yourself 100 times
yikes im seeing this 1 a lot and now i feel awful bc im one of those people who ask others to repeat themselves, altho its not that im not listening its just i actually cant hear them. im not even deaf?? bruh idk
as for my pet peeve, hmmm. when people keep talking to me whilst i have my earphones in!! like once or twice is fine but please this is the tenth time uve tapped my shoulder now this isnt funny i just want to vibe to my music.

Ok this just happened yesterday. People biking/walking/skateboarding on the road in the wrong direction. I was driving yesterday at 10:30pm. It was dark and suddenly this person was riding a bike with no lights nor wearing bright colours TOWARDS ME. Thankfully they were in the other lane or else I would have gotten a mini heart attack. I feel so bad for the people driving in that lane. So many times I’m driving and suddenly a person is biking towards me from the wrong direction. Pls be more careful?!!

I have a few pet peeves that just annoy me to death.

- When people interrupt my story with an mhmm to convey that they are listening. I mean, subtle nods and soft mhmms are ok, but when people say things like yep way to loud so that I lose my train of thought or get startled.
- Same with @Oldcatlady when I’m walking down the sidewalk and someone comes down on the wrong side and I have to move. I already feel awkward when you are coming at me, and now I have to move out of the way because you are going the wrong direction!
- I’m so feeling super guilty rn because quite a number of people are saying that it bugs them when people ask them to repeat themselves a couple of time. I do that a lot irl, so I guess that’s not a great habit I have.

I can't stand when an idea becomes very status quo, very common, very shared. I have always found myself mindlessly hating popular things and ideas for the pure pleasure of going against the current. Dunno if this fits the question, oops. But I always thought of this as hating hearing people repeat themselves, so yeah.

-Crumbs on my bed. It's kinda my fault though because 99% of the time of when i'm eating I take it to my room and get crumbs all over my bed.
-Small talk
-My New 3DS XL. The battery is janked up, and it doesn't last forever. Whenever the light is blinking red and I close it the light goes back to blue and it bothers me so much-
-Also, my old DS lite. The volume is kinda weird and you have to keep messing with it to get it working right (you have to restart the system if you want it to work at all) and the hinge is also broken so I have to keep the screen up by holing my thumbs up at the top of the screen if you dont want it back all the way. But it will just fall and crush your fingers in 2 minutes anyways, so...
-When the curtain hanger isn't straight
-My height (kinda)
-People (kinda)

When people don’t respect that I don’t want kids and have to explain to me why I’m wrong.

I felt that one in my SOUL. I’m an only child in a Catholic home/school/community so not wanting kids is a very unpopular thing where I live. I’ve told my mom multiple times that I don’t want them and she along with other members of my family keep telling me that I’ll change my mind. I am 17. I’m not thinking about kids now (or ever).

First and foremost, I want a career in veterinary medicine. That is what I feel I am meant to do. Marriage is a maybe. I’m totally open to it, but if it doesn’t happen then it’s not a huge deal to me (which is also an unpopular mindset where I live). If I do get married, I will NOT be a housewife or a stay-at-home parent. Honestly, my salary will probably be more than that of my spouse. It’s also worth mentioning that wanting children is a HUGE dealbreaker for me in a relationship so I wouldn’t marry someone who expects me to bear/raise them.

Guess what? If the impossible happens and I change my mind, I will adopt because there are too many kids in my country without a home. That’s not good enough for them, apparently. But I don’t care! It’s my body, my finances, and my life! Also, biological relation is not important to me. For Christ’s sake, I have a stepdad who I see as a father!

If you want kids, that’s valid. As long as you can care for them, have them by whatever means you can (natural conception, adoption, IVF, surrogate, artificial insemination, stepchildren, etc.) It’s just not a life that I see myself having and I wish that more people would respect that.

Last edited:
I felt that one in my SOUL. I’m an only child in a Catholic home/school/community so not wanting kids is a very unpopular thing where I live. I’ve told my mom multiple times that I don’t want them and she along with other members of my family keep telling me that I’ll change my mind. I am 17. I’m not thinking about kids now (or ever).

First and foremost, I want a career in veterinary medicine. That is what I feel I am meant to do. Marriage is a maybe. I’m totally open to it, but if it doesn’t happen then it’s not a huge deal to me (which is also an unpopular mindset where I live). If I do get married, I will NOT be a housewife or a stay-at-home parent. Honestly, my salary will probably be more than that of my spouse. It’s also worth mentioning that wanting children is a HUGE dealbreaker for me in a relationship so I wouldn’t marry someone who expects me to bear/raise them.

Guess what? If the impossible happens and I change my mind, I will adopt because there are too many kids in my country without a home. That’s not good enough for them, apparently. But I don’t care! It’s my body, my finances, and my life! Also, biological relation is not important to me. For Christ’s sake, I have a stepdad who I see as a father!

If you want kids, that’s valid. As long as you can care for them, have them by whatever means you can (natural conception, adoption, IVF, surrogate, artificial insemination, stepchildren, etc.) It’s just not a life that I see myself having and I wish that more people would respect that.

that’s about where I am with it. I don’t really feel the drive to have kids of my own. It’s not how I picture my own life, and it’s not something I want for myself. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love kids. I babysit and I even helped teach ballet to little girls. It’s not that I hate them, it’s just that it’s my life and that’s not how I imagine my future. It’s not an attack on people who have/want kids. It’s just how I feel. And it’s frustrating because of the double standard. If I were a man, they’d respect my decision, but as a woman, I’m selfish and wasting my potential. Wouldn’t it be more selfish to have children I don’t want just so that I could conform?

Yeah I'm not gonna write all 100 reasons and a defense speech but yeah I just don't want kids and never wanted. Plus I have Asperger/ASD so I wouldn't wanna carry over that, heck sometimes I probably don't care for myself properly. Plus I don't wanna spend money/time on a kid that is just expected by society just cause I'm a cis woman.

Some more for me because I’m feelin’ spicy today:

- people who want to talk about political opinions with employees. They always come up to me and try to do this while I’m at work, and I have to dodge the questions or risk my tip. Why do they do this? Is it because they know I can’t just walk away?

- loud people (obviously there are times and places like outside in your yard where this doesn’t matter, but there are situations where it’s super inappropriate to scream and such)

- when people make assumptions based on the school I go to - yes it’s a party school for many, no I’m not wilding out constantly. Nothing wrong if you do, I just don’t really have time for that with my schoolwork and my job. It’s usually the wine moms who interrogate me about this stuff. Leave me alone, Bethany.

- Sand in my sheets, my hair, behind my ears, etc. I love the beach, but sand is the worsttt

- people telling me to shave my legs.I’m lazy sometimes, leave me alone. Especially true if it’s an older man. Gross.

- when you wear a hoodie and have long hair and it gets all tangled in the back where it rubs

^Agree about legs. Like stfu I keep them hairy if I want it's not an excuse for people to hit on you sheesh.

Also yeah when I used to work in a second hand store I got all bunch of weird old guys with not so good political onions that wanted to discuss and I was like.. no.. sigh..

when it’s too quiet - my family is super loud so i’ve grown used to screaming and crying and arguments and just noise in general. silence just bothers me so much, so i tend to ‘accidentally’ drop something heavy (water bottle, lecture book, etc.) just to break it.

when people shrug things off too easily - especially when it’s something serious. some people need to stop protecting their pride and come clean instead of always playing stuff off cool.

oc roleplaying accounts - i don’t want to judge others’ hobbies but i just find it an odd concept. for any of those who have these accounts please don’t take this seriously.

bts fans - not all of their fans are annoying but i know a handful. i don’t want to stream your faves, thank you.

Eating noises (I’m misophonic)
Homophobic/transphobic/biphobic, etc. people
People who fake things like suic*de for clout/just post depressing things online 24/7
R*pe jokes
Ableist people
Rude people who just want you to be a big meanie..
Crowded rooms/public areas (mostly schools).. I’m autistic and agoraphobic
People who yell loudly..

People who make plans with you and then pull out when they find something else that is more interesting or fun to them. Often times it’s done at the last minute, too.

Religious people who feel they have the authority to preach to you when it is unsolicited.
OMG YES SO MUCH AT THE FIRST ONE. Or they sudden have to help their dad w/ something when you made pretty concrete plans, too. Even worse when it's partners doing it as well.

And yeah I don't need beliefs down my throat, too.

Back