Place your random thoughts.

I don't mind family gatherings. But the introverted side of me is fine with them ending.

Recently I've decided to bring a book to them. If there isn't much happening I'll go off somewhere and read.

Sigh.... I'm being a big sad tonight because I couldn't catch a single firefly. I make it my mission every summer to go out into the yard to catch at least one firefly friend. I admire it for a while before letting it go free... 💖✨

I caught one yesterday evening at least, but before you even know it summer is over...

The West Coast U.S plans to slaughter 500,000 barred owls to save the spotted owl population.

However the barred owls only migrated west because humans were deforesting in the first place. They weren't introduced as an invasive species. They naturally went over there.

Anyways, I don't think anything good comes from artificially messing with the ecosystem.

/ramble.

pJbKBLA.png

Awwww yeah dawg, it's me the winner, Joe DiMaggio... *makes odd Luigi hand movements*

I went over to my GC town, Villa yesterday to watch the fireworks show.

tumblr_66cb2567f3478eb3865f357c6eaaa71e_3ff7858d_1280.jpg
tumblr_56d7e4ff9d5c5e07ee101b8a30817f6b_6a1fa910_1280.jpg

And doing some catching up with some old friends. Did you know they were living here for more than 10+ real life years.
no.jpg

I hope it's not too late to share this really funny video.

I remember seeing this airing on TV and going 'WTF' (like a lot of the things they made) to it. lol

Last edited:
TBH, I'm not sure how I'd feel if I were with a cat or cats in someone's house. I've only ever gotten used to dogs because my relatives have them as their pets and they bring them to parties, and whenever I see a cat in person it's almost always a stray. Stray cats kinda scare me.

It doesn't help that my parents are against me owning one because of the chance I might get fleas from them. One time my mom admitted a cat owner having a skin problem to the hospital, so she's been using that story against me.

I love cats because I can relate to them the most, but I sadly have a bad impression of them that sometimes makes me have second thoughts about having one as my pet. I'm sure this will change when I'm old enough to make my own decisions, but for now these are my current thoughts on cats, so don't quote me on this.

Kind of hyped for this year’s Hunger Games. I wonder if I’ll die on the first night again. I still remember what @/ZeldaCrossing64 did last time… that was hilarious.

Hunger Games? What Hunger Games??
Last September and the one before that, @/tessa grace hosted a Hunger Games event where people just kind of… kill each other, and what happens is determined by a randomizer. You have to donate 15 tbt to enter and whoever wins gets all of the tbt.

Last September and the one before that, @/tessa grace hosted a Hunger Games event where people just kind of… kill each other, and what happens is determined by a randomizer. You have to donate 15 tbt to enter and whoever wins gets all of the tbt.
Oh, I'm not sure I'd be willing to participate in that, but it looks interesting so maybe I'll spectate.

Now I wanna know what Zelda did last year, lol. I wasn't around when that happened so...yeah.

I've been talking to potential supervisors about going back to university to do a PhD in parasitology. That's what my postgraduate degree was in, and I've experience working with acanthamoeba, malaria, and schistosomes.

Realistically I don't think I can afford to stop working full-time right now, and finding part-time PhD opportunities is challenging, but it's inspired me to get back into regularly reading academic papers again. It's been accompanied by a renewed excitement for the field! I love my job supporting young people in STEM--and it is a very comfortable non-intensive job and much better paid than lab work--but it's not where I see myself forever.

I haven't been working regularly in a while because of me being employed at a school district that's currently on summer vacation. I've been really bored at home as a result. I've been keeping myself somewhat busy by catching up on some house cleaning, but cannot get all of it done due to my mom not being home in over a month with no ETA on returning (I could do it all myself, but it's a complicated story). I still got another full week of nothing coming up before I can actually work again for a summer school event I signed up for.

I was going to apply for a second job over the summer, but my mom's sudden absence threw off my plans entirely. I'm currently stuck with my dad who cannot cook, asks me dumb questions and gets offended when I get annoyed, and in general is driving me crazy. If I didn't have to solely take care of my pets at times, this situation would be more tolerable, but somehow I'm getting crankier day-by-day. My mom really needs to come home soon.

Back