Place your random thoughts.

i might buy nintendo online because i miss trading on here and $20 a year doesn’t sound too bad. (i am stumbling to capitalism)

I kinda wish I used this site back when I was a teenager instead of social media sites and a different forum that was already on its last legs. Both places were very poorly moderated and I saw some things and dealt with people I shouldn’t have at that age.

This site is moderated very well, has a lot of meaningful content, and is pretty active for a forum that’s almost as old as I am. Being able to see this site during the New Leaf years must’ve been really cool.

I kinda wish I used this site back when I was a teenager instead of social media sites and a different forum that was already on its last legs. Both places were very poorly moderated and I saw some things and dealt with people I shouldn’t have at that age.

This site is moderated very well, has a lot of meaningful content, and is pretty active for a forum that’s almost as old as I am. Being able to see this site during the New Leaf years must’ve been really cool.
As a member during the New Leaf years, it had its ups and downs. The worst year in my opinion was 2015, but the early New Leaf era was pretty bad in general. At first, people took Bells, items, and villagers way too seriously. And then the collectible craze started. People used to charge 50,000 TBT for one white feather. Chocolate cakes were also high in demand and reached 4,000 TBT at the peak. And I cannot forget all the times users have been spamming or fighting in Brewster’s, with the original What’s Bothering You thread war being the site’s lowest point. People on GameFAQs even said that Bell Tree was a horrible place.

It started to get better in 2016, if you ignored the political dramas that occurred in Brewster’s. But even the worst of the political dramas in 2016 and 2017 were insignificant compared to everything that went wrong in 2015. Therefore, you didn’t really miss much.

From what I've seen of the old posts and veteran TBTer anecdotes, the forums were a lot worse back then. See here.

I think you should be grateful you joined later. I made an account only two years ago, but I can tell a lot has changed over the years.

Yeeeaah...as a vet of these forums things were DEFINITELY a lot worse back then! A lot of people had some major growing up to do...grant it I've posted some stupid **** and am certainly no saint myself...but damn, man! Some people lol.

My mom and dad don’t know about this site and I want it to stay that way for a lot of reasons. That being said, it makes some activities in events a lot harder because either it would be too hard to explain why I have to do it or I would have to do it when they’re asleep/at work, which is pretty annoying.

Although the forum 10 years ago had major problems, some of which I knew at the time, it also had more charm to it imo. I stand by what I said in that post of mine on that thread. TBT post-2020 is great and all because it's better moderated, but it's also severely lacking in that kind of charm... perhaps because the ACNH hype died out so quickly.

I just realized my first experience with a mobile phone has been absolute garbage, lol.
Firstly, the payment plan didn't work the same way it did for any of my family's previous phones, causing us to miss payments nobody knew it wanted. It didn't even try to notify me about them! I'm quite annoyed it still had service while there were missed payments in the first place, allowing more to pile up. There's no service on it anymore, though.
Secondly, the phone number they gave me was already receiving spam texts the moment the phone was activated. I don't know how common that is but since it happened immediately, I don't think I want that number again. I'm actually somewhat relieved I currently don't have service because it means no more spam.

Now, I can't say anything about the performance of the phone itself because this is still my first phone and I have nothing to compare it to.

Yeeeaah...as a vet of these forums things were DEFINITELY a lot worse back then! A lot of people had some major growing up to do...grant it I've posted some stupid **** and am certainly no saint myself...but damn, man! Some people lol.
I wasn’t the best either. After all, I was the one who threatened to leave if I didn’t get anymore fanart of my character during the winter while calling two drawings of my character “bad”. I also rejected a yellow candy I won in a giveaway and put everyone that gave me a backlash in a negative light in a blog entry few months later. But yes, there were a lot worse people than me. It’s a good thing that we have a rule against trolling, and then a rule against constant negativity since the darkest days.

Although the forum 10 years ago had major problems, some of which I knew at the time, it also had more charm to it imo. I stand by what I said in that post of mine on that thread. TBT post-2020 is great and all because it's better moderated, but it's also severely lacking in that kind of charm... perhaps because the ACNH hype died out so quickly.
And it’s all because money making was significantly nerfed while ACNH was released half-baked. I hope Nintendo learned their lessons. But I do have to have to say that there were some parts about vBulletin Era TBT that I liked better, such as:
  • The background changes in seasons and time was simpler (and had better fall grass).
  • The Blog Tree.
  • The TBT Fairs were better (though I was saying it because of nostalgia).
  • Everything ACNL had that ACNH lacked.
  • Easier to make more TBT Bells.

Lowkey might actually do the Lego event. I don’t have artistic skill but this can’t be too hard as long as I’m not lazy. I just need an idea.

I got a 100% score on my first written driving test.

(still a lot more to go. but it's an encouraging start)!

Screenshot 2024-07-31 4.17.27 PM.png

I’m looking through my screenshots on my switch and I found this one I took in Pokemon Violet.

IMG_8042.jpeg

At the time, it made me think of this:

IMG_8043.png

Both have completely different vibes and theme, still, when the teacher said that in Violet, I was like 🤔. This sounds awfully familar. lol

Bots are creepy. There's another forum I hang around on. It usually get these sneaky pest a little more often.
On the Pokémon forum/server I’ve moderated for five years I’ve had to deal with hundreds of bots. They just come in a never ending stream every day. During the email verification process we can usually tell when a new account is a bot, but sometimes they slip through the cracks. Thankfully it hasn’t happened recently.

I saw @/xSuperMario64x talk about a YouTuber named Zoomzike this one time and decided to watch him because he makes Mario videos. So I watched one video he made and then forgot about him for a few weeks, and then last week I remembered he existed and decided to watch more of his videos… and now I can’t stop…

You did this to me Bug!

I don't know why this scene from the Mighty Mouse cartoon in the late 80's lived rent-free. Either it's the indifferent voice acting on the badly dawn anime-looking characters or the context of this scene in particular.

Back