• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Place your random thoughts.

It’s August and I’m DONE with the heat! I wasn’t a fan to begin with, but now it’s too much. I want that chill in the air, the crunch of leaves…and yes, something pumpkin-flavored.

“Did somebody say PUMPKIN?”
1722818444432.jpeg

ugh i forgot to specify which form of ursaluna i wanted and so I lost the bloodmoon ursaluna j had for a regular one. i was trying to get one at level 70 of the same language the one I had was. I think this is the second time this happened (other time was with a common pokemon; I was pretty sure I had specified Blood Moon though. I’m hoping I can get lucky with one of my shinies up for trade or find another one randomly. :/

If this fall is anything like last year, I’ll be sneezing nonstop for 3 months straight (starting in late August). But, I do have a couple things to look forward to. And there’s a very, very high chance it will be better than fall of 2020 (as was every other fall of my life, probably even 2014)

As I previously came up with the TBT Fair Cycle, this year seems to be different. Judging by which activities are open and which activities close, it looks like Stage 2 of the cycle involves the current activities, and Stage 3 involves the coming activities. The only activities that carry over both stages are the memory contest, the lego event, and the confetti event.

I remember watching an awful YouTube video that claimed that most artists fail at making art because they never achieve fame or make enough money to make a living out of it and that there’s a hierarchy of artists based on fame and wealth. I think the video is nonsense.

To me an artist is successful if the person making the art is happy with what they’re making and that’s it. If my art moves even just one person and I’m happy with what I made that is still a victory. I don’t need to make Stephen King levels of money to be happy with what I’m making.

I remember watching an awful YouTube video that claimed that most artists fail at making art because they never achieve fame or make enough money to make a living out of it and that there’s a hierarchy of artists based on fame and wealth. I think the video is nonsense.

To me an artist is successful if the person making the art is happy with what they’re making and that’s it. If my art moves even just one person and I’m happy with what I made that is still a victory. I don’t need to make Stephen King levels of money to be happy with what I’m making.
Stephen King in a condescending nut job.

Found an NHK talk show on Roku called “Dosukoi: Sumo Salon.” At first I didn’t know it would be a talk show, maybe about the hairdressers at a sumo stable? (Salon has two meanings.) But I actually enjoyed it better as a talk show. There were multiple guests on the panel, included the retired yokozuna Kisenosato! I had no idea he would be there, so it was a nice surprise.

Not me listening to this while looking at @/Jeremy's avatar and laughing my butt off... yeah, I think it's time for me to go to sleep.

Okay, serious thought this time, but I logged back onto the forums even though I'm tired and took my night meds already, and I'm about to sleep.

Buttttt, I'm excited to reopen my collectible giveaway thread tomorrow! For anyone that doesn't know, it's basically something I do now during TBT events where I open up a giveaway thread and give away low-cost collectibles for free! I'm so giddy with excitement I can hardly wait. 🤩

Hoping for a FFXIII trilogy PS5 port. I replayed these games so many times on PS3 and I've had the itch to play them again recently. I know it received a PC port but that's not an option for me.

Accent barrier between me and a receptionist. I called my doctor's office.

"I need a 10MG prescription. I picked up a 5MG".

"Okay, you want a 5mg".

"No. I need a 10".

"Okay, I'll fill that 5".

"No, I said I need a 10MG prescription. I don't want a 5mg".

"Okay".

gosh I hope they get it right this time.

I'm starting to wish I didn't give away my Pokemon cards. This was back in the early 2000s, when I drifted away from the franchise to focus on other things I liked (fanfics, writing, anime, South Park, and 101 Dalmatians etc..).

Not going to lie, I kind of want to buy a new box of the current ones and make an unboxing video title 'My first new set of Pokemon cards in 21 years.' 😭 lol

If the dogs from Clifford the Big Red Dog were Pokémon puppers:

Cleo would be a Furfrou (because poodle) T-Bone would be a Snubbull (because cute little guy that tries to be tough) Mac would be a Boltund (because of that sleek body) and Clifford would be an Arcanine (because obviously lol)

Back